Sponsored

[UPDATED] First 2020 Shelby GT500 Sold For $1.1MM at Barrett-Jackson

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The only people that buy Lambos are those who can't drive. A car that has great performance and styling is the Porsche GT3.
That’s not accurate. People who can drive well simply want a car that looks amazing but while tearing up the road. The Porsche is capable and not ugly, but it looks like trash in comparison to the Lamborghini.

And the aventador svj whoops the gt3 in performance.

So if we are actually talking facts, Lamborghini buyers are simply those who want the faster and better looking car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That’s not accurate. People who can drive well simply want a car that looks amazing but while tearing up the road. The Porsche is capable and not ugly, but it looks like trash in comparison to the Lamborghini.

And the aventador svj whoops the gt3 in performance.

So if we are actually talking facts, Lamborghini buyers are simply those who want the faster and better looking car.
I prefer to listen to respected car journalists, the GT3 is far better car, not just for the airheads who only care about drag races:

"According to Harris, the last Lamborghini that didn't have any problems was the Gallardo. The Aventador, although the best looking supercar, is "not very good to drive" and suffers from build quality issues like "combustible" brakes and inconsistent handling from example to example.

The newest supercar from Sant Agata is even worse, says the renowned journalist. Because it was built for wealthy Chinese customers who apparently can't drive, it was designed with a heavy bias towards understeer.

"Lamborghini is now the purveyor of understeer," Chris Harris wrote.

"[Lamborghini] has become the purveyor of jewelry. Its cars exist to be seen and heard; not driven. Style has superseded substance. Their natural habitat has now been reduced to revving when stationary on the King's Road in London – not Imola or the Futa pass or Valentino Balbone scorching the back- pistas of Modena, but with some mindless billionaire's offspring pushing the right pedal to get himself seen on some equally mindless YouTube channel."

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I prefer to listen to respected car journalists, the GT3 is far better car, not just for the airheads who only care about drag races:

"According to Harris, the last Lamborghini that didn't have any problems was the Gallardo. The Aventador, although the best looking supercar, is "not very good to drive" and suffers from build quality issues like "combustible" brakes and inconsistent handling from example to example.

The newest supercar from Sant Agata is even worse, says the renowned journalist. Because it was built for wealthy Chinese customers who apparently can't drive, it was designed with a heavy bias towards understeer.

"Lamborghini is now the purveyor of understeer," Chris Harris wrote.

"[Lamborghini] has become the purveyor of jewelry. Its cars exist to be seen and heard; not driven. Style has superseded substance. Their natural habitat has now been reduced to revving when stationary on the King's Road in London – not Imola or the Futa pass or Valentino Balbone scorching the back- pistas of Modena, but with some mindless billionaire's offspring pushing the right pedal to get himself seen on some equally mindless YouTube channel."
Respected car journalists? Who cares?? Read what Randy Pobst has to say about the Huracan (and vs the GT2 RS)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/lamborghini-huracan-performante-2018-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

PS you're posting reviews of 3-4 year old cars as if that has any relevance??

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
A face only a mother could like!

1porsche911gt3rs.jpg

Looks like a surprised frog imho.

Not a good look. I totally respect the engineering, but the aesthetics, while cool in the 60’s and 70’s just look really bad now. I know Porsche is all about keeping that frog look, but it’s time to let it go and create a new iconic look.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Respected car journalists? Who cares?? Read what Randy Pobst has to say about the Huracan (and vs the GT2 RS)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/lamborghini-huracan-performante-2018-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

PS you're posting reviews of 3-4 year old cars as if that has any relevance??

Plus, “respected car journalists” have shown that the aventador svj is quicker, faster, and handles better than the Porsche gt3 RS.

There is literally nothing to debate. The Lamborghini outperforms the Porsche. That’s just the truth. The facts.

And I’ll grant you that looks are subjective. But if I’m paying supercar money, I don't want my supercar looking the same as it’s forbears from 1960 - especially when it resembles a frog staring a predator in the face. I’ll take the Lamborghini which looks like a high tech superweapon from space that’s come to conquer earth (yes I’ll admit to being a kid inside).

Last edited:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Looks like a surprised frog imho.

Not a good look. I totally respect the engineering, but the aesthetics, while cool in the 60’s and 70’s just look really bad now. I know Porsche is all about keeping that frog look, but it’s time to let it go and create a new iconic look.
Fully agree. Porsche makes amazing cars but come on. Hey Porsche , believe it or not but headlights can be designed in shapes other than circles or ovals!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really like the philosophy of prioritizing function first over spending lots on an all new body every few years. Sink those development costs into the chassis and performance instead. Of course on this side of the ocean Porsches are too expensive anyway. But it would be cool if Ford would take a hint from Porsche and Dodge - both are doing well with sales while spending very little on changing the styling.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I really like the philosophy of prioritizing function first over spending lots on an all new body every few years. Sink those development costs into the chassis and performance instead. Of course on this side of the ocean Porsches are too expensive anyway. But it would be cool if Ford would take a hint from Porsche and Dodge - both are doing well with sales while spending very little on changing the styling.
Except the funny thing the Porsche’s are usually like 80-90% new panels on the cars. Stylistically it’s the same, but don’t be fooled they change all the panels to make it the new generation.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Except the funny thing the Porsche’s are usually like 80-90% new panels on the cars. Stylistically it’s the same, but don’t be fooled they change all the panels to make it the new generation.

This. If you’re going to reengineer the body anyway, do it with gusto. Put some fresh design effort into it. Ask yourself, what should our supercar that wants to be best-in-class look like in 2019 if we started from nothing? Then blend in a dash of familiar cues to respectfully tie it into the badge. Not just “how can we still look like a 40 year old car on this new chassi?”

I actually dig the new taillights, but the overall jellybean shape... and that front end... dang.

What’s crazy is Porsche actually had a pretty amazing and modern concept car a few years back. It was a dream. And then... they went back to the frog appearance. Sad sad day when that happened. It’s not that they can’t design something every bit as good looking as others. It’s that they won’t. I’m thinking a few of the old guard are going to have to retire before any real change happens.

A healthy thing for long-standing companies to do every now and then is to act like a startup. Go back to asking the fundamental questions and take the new approach where needed, even if a few sacred cows must go.

If you’re answer to many questions is “that’s the way we’ve always done it,” then you’re doing it wrong. Always ask why and then see if you can come up with a better answer than what’s in front of you.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Even a full redesign with every panel changing slightly is way cheaper than a major styling change.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oh? Please continue.
Are you saying it's difficult to understand why minor changes are easier to make and less costly than major changes?
Sponsored