Sponsored

Do you guys say hi to other S550 mustang owners on the road?

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Now the real question:

Do you wave to other Pony cars?

You and they are both awash in a sea of Non-Pony cars in the mass of highway vehicles.
Enemies by birthright each you are, but must stand together against the tide of Non-Pony mediocrity in the great wild.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I wave any chance I get when I see another modded mustang. I always have people stopping and looking at my car, or staring at it when I'm stopped at a light. Usually they turn away quickly though when they see my ugly mug looking back at them.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lately I have felt invisible....when I stop at a gas station people don't even look. It's like they are in another world. There are not a lot of convertibles out on the road where I am at so I thought I would get more attention. I am not looking for it mind you, that is not why I bought a vert or even my Mustang GT coupe I owned previously. I get the sense that some people may think i'm pretentious, but maybe that is my own insecurities with owning a sports car. I try to compliment and acknowledge anyone I see who I deem a "car enthusiast"..driving a "stand out from the pack" type of car - everything from a Honda Civic Sport model, Subaru WRX, BRZ, Challengers, Camaros, Corvettes, etc... and of course any make/model of Mustang...

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Around here, If you wave, they think you either want to buy drugs or looking for a hooker.

Last edited:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I used to wave at every Mustang I saw, but most of them never waved back so I don't bother anymore. If they wave first I'll return it but it seems everyone is in their own little world these days.

Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I still don't wave to other S550 owners but while at my credit union yesterday I was complimented on my car by a not bad looking woman who worked inside the branch who has her own red GT with black stripes along the top and louvers with some aftermarket wheels. I told her that she had a nice car.

Last edited:

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
I live 2 minutes away from the Mustang plant and I work at the Ford Research and Engineering Center in Dearborn. There are a ton of Mustangs around me everyday. I never noticed other Mustang owners acknowledging me. I think it’s because they are super common here.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I live 2 minutes away from the Mustang plant and I work at the Ford Research and Engineering Center in Dearborn. There are a ton of Mustangs around me everyday. I never noticed other Mustang owners acknowledging me. I think it’s because they are super common here.
I noticed the same when visiting. I think its because a LOT of new Ford employees jump at a plan A purchase and a lot of them are young. So the single ones buy a Mustang and the rest buy an Escape. LoL

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
Well... I was going through the drive-thru at Dickey's earlier tonight (I know it's bad, don't judge), and I got a fist bump from the guy working the window. He has a BMW E92 sedan, but his friend's wife owns a California Special. Does that count?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I wave at GT350s (I rarely see them, however) and other Mustang GT drivers. The non GT drivers don't generally even look my way because they aren't in it for performance and don't realize a 460+ hp car is driving next to them.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I always acknowledge other Mustang owners, especially our S550’s. Most times it’s a slight wave, or a thumbs up or even a flash of the lights. I’d say about 85% of the time people respond in kind or even initiate it. I had a couple of guys in GT350’s give me the thumbs up and traveled together while on the same road.. I used to do the same thing when I owned my Fox bodies back in the late 80’s early 90’s but back then it was pretty much 100% returned.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Might have already posted here but will say the first few years of ownership waved at most s550's but only the 5.0s would acknowledge so I guess you could say I look for fogs and hood vents first. ..haven't seen a 18-19 in these parts yet lol..

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't wave at GTs because I figure the driver will just roll his eyes at my unmodded 3.7, presuming I haven't a clue how much hp they have, and could never be wondering if their 18 or 19 has active exhaust or the A10. I do wave at Ecoboosts to see if the driver looks high.

Seriously, I'm more inclined to acknowledge another Mustang when out of the car in a parking lot or gas station.

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I used to have a wrangler and waved all the time. Now I wave to fellow mustangs and get about 50-50 wave back.
Sponsored