Sponsored

Mustang Hybrid Teased, Shows V8-Engine

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, this exact setup is what I'd expect. The new Explorer will get it too most likely with similar or identical numbers. 450 hp gives it the "V8-like" power they talked about last year and the 600 lb/ft ensures that even though it'll be much heavier, it'll probably smoke the V8.
I was thinking that, but why go through all the work they did on the Gen 3 Coyote to discontinue it in two years? Seems really short lived if true.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Honestly, this exact setup is what I'd expect. The new Explorer will get it too most likely with similar or identical numbers. 450 hp gives it the "V8-like" power they talked about last year and the 600 lb/ft ensures that even though it'll be much heavier, it'll probably smoke the V8.
So do you think the v8 will step down from its top trim level spot? Even if a powerful hybrid comes to the market, the v8 will still sell well because the way a car sounds is pretty important to some.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ford, PLEASE keep the V8 even if it's hybridized.

My daily is a Chevy Volt so I've got no issue if it's a plug-in as well. Won't mean you have to plug it in, but you can if you want to juice up the battery off the grid instead of the engine.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was thinking that, but why go through all the work they did on the Gen 3 Coyote to discontinue it in two years? Seems really short lived if true.
No, it definitely wouldn't kill off the V8, it would be a 3rd engine choice again.

So do you think the v8 will step down from its top trim level spot? Even if a powerful hybrid comes to the market, the v8 will still sell well because the way a car sounds is pretty important to some.
Yeah I think the Hybrid would have to be the new "top spot" mainly because it would definitely be more expensive, and it would have more torque and therefore probably a little quicker. I'm sure they'll keep the V8 around and most people will still want that one, but it'll separate those that really love the coyote for the sound and power delivery and those who simply want the best acceleration and don't care how they get it.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
In any case, IF it does happen to have a "hybrid" V8, then there is no way that it will have a "closed front end" with not grill of any kind as "teased" in that shot. Electric cars are able to pull it off due to the fact that the engine doesn't generate nearly the same amount of heat as a gas/combustion engine. Unless of course they find some way to channel fresh/cool air to the engine bay that does not involve a front grill. (ie gigantic fans, air cooling ducts capturing air from under the bumper and leading it to the engine bay, etc...) But highly doubtful.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what your hybrid Mustang will look like and how much power it will have....:like:
I actually saw that car in person at the Mondiale de l'Auto Expo in Paris. Thing looked pretty badass in person, which I never thought would be a word I would use to describe a Peugeot.
IMG_6743.jpg
Sponsored