Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Now here's a comparison you don't see being made everyday (or ever) :)

Here's how the two stack up on paper :

2019 Mustang GT
$35,355 starting price
460 HP / 420 LB-FT

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T
$44,745 starting price
365 HP / 376 LB-FT

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Having come over from German and Japanese sports cars and sedans, this is a version of the same decision I went through on how to spend my car budget. So yes people absolutely do cross-shop sport sedans versus sports cars. I've gone back and forth every few years.

Ultra-Refined and Sporty versus Refined and Muscular. Everyday practical vs everyday usable.

For people like me, this was 1 of the best reviews for those who just dont get why I chose Mustang this time around.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. When I bought my 2 door American v8 it never occurred to me to get a 4 door non v8 Korean made car. Nothing wrong with either car. They are just made for different buyers.
Amen

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Having come over from German and Japanese sports cars and sedans, this is a version of the same decision I went through on how to spend my car budget. So yes people absolutely do cross-shop sport sedans versus sports cars. I've gone back and forth every few years.

Ultra-Refined and Sporty versus Refined and Muscular. Everyday practical vs everyday usable.

For people like me, this was 1 of the best reviews for those who just dont get why I chose Mustang this time around.

What..?
People who need a backseat don't shop 2-door cars. And the people who don't care how many doors, are not discerning buyers and pulled along by marketing. They have no actual needs, & finalize on whatever works for them.

BTW... what you are describing is not cross-shopping. If you alter between buying a sedan one time, and a coupe the next.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the comparison as I have been in this situation. I have been faced with choices such as M5 sedan vs M4 or M3 coupe. I come from the BMW crowd, and currently own my first Mustang. I keep leaning towards coupes recently, but 2 years ago did own a pretty bad 2008 550i sedan that was a performance 4 door car to the max (now own my Mustang and a 2016 535i Sedan)...on the other hand, outside of the BMW world the only other true "performance sedans" in my opinion would be the Audi RS models, and Mercedes' AMG models. Kia is going to really have to prove themselves in the next few years if they want to be on the podium with other "performance" vehicles. You can't put out one quick car (Stinger) and expect for everyone to see you as something you are not. Kia to me is still the same company that had buy one get one free deals on their vehicles. They have not broken that mental perspective with me. At least not yet...

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP

Same here. Now it is between a C63S and another Mustang.

What..?
People who need a backseat don't shop 2-door cars. And the people who don't care how many doors, are not discerning buyers and pulled along by marketing. They have no actual needs, & finalize on whatever works for them.

BTW... what you are describing is not cross-shopping. If you alter between buying a sedan one time, and a coupe the next.
This is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read. And I used to post at Mustangworld.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
What..?

I dont expect everyone to understand but you are completely wrong about your assumptions.

Think of it this way, say you want 10 things out of a car and you rank importance of each characteristic to you. Power, handling, reliability, upgrades, premium materials, wife approval etc.. Now let's say room for 4 is ranked 7th of those 10 because it is nice on occasion but can live without. You should be able to see with such an evaluation method how it might be a 2 door or 4 that comes out on top at any given price point. Which is exactly what the video showed, depending on your particular situation either might be the best choice for you.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I would get a G70 over a Stinger GT. I prefer having the Genesis brand and the G70 looks a lot more refined and AWD is available on the TTV6. not sure if they will retain the 360 cam (especially front camera) for the US model. Kia cheapened the US Stinger by not including the front camera that is on intl versions.

Sponsored

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Haven't watched the video as I am at work right now, but I actually sold my 2015 Mustang GT and picked up a Genesis G70. Growing family and wanting to switch to AWD so I can drive the car year round (I'm in Canada)
I miss the manual transmission and the rumble of the V8 but overall I am happy with my new car

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Couldve chosen a better car for comparison. Other than price, two totally different cars. worse than some of the truck vs SUV comparisons ive seen

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
What..?

Are you telling someone who is self-admittedly the target audience for this video that there isn't a target audience for this video?

OT: While it's true that the vehicles themselves are pretty different, it's not crazy for that buyers to cross shop the american v8's with other sports cars. I didn't care much for dodge and chevy but when I bought my 2010 GT, I was definitely shopping between the offerings from hyundai, nissan & subaru. I settled on the mustang because i liked it most (& the return of grabber blue).

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It was entertaining watching "James" try not too smile driving the Mustang. He failed.
Sponsored