cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
don't see this anywhere but sorry if i missed it. will the 2018 gt exhaust fit?
I believe so yes, but you'll need to cut out space for the quad tips to fit.
Sponsored

teepee542

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 V6, 2016 V6
I believe so yes, but you'll need to cut out space for the quad tips to fit.
will the Roush rear valance work on the v6? I believe it is setup for quad tips. I could possibly get the valance and the cat back exhaust for less than $300.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how good this setup isn’t with shorty headers? Looking to get a bit more engine note without any drone.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
The rouch valence only works with premium bumpers

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Does anyone know how good this setup isn’t with shorty headers? Looking to get a bit more engine note without any drone.
Pretty sure theres a video at the beginning of this thread

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Well...not without some serious rework anyways lol. You could just cut the stock bumper to fit quads like i did. Pretty easy

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I found a stock GT exhaust for $100 about 50 miles from me. I don't have a means to transport it, so the seller is delivering it to a muffler shop where I will get it installed. I am having a little remorse since there is a lot I like about the Pypes Street Pro Touring axle back I have right now. I hope the GT exhaust isn't too quiet. :)

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I found a stock GT exhaust for $100 about 50 miles from me. I don't have a means to transport it, so the seller is delivering it to a muffler shop where I will get it installed. I am having a little remorse since there is a lot I like about the Pypes Street Pro Touring axle back I have right now. I hope the GT exhaust isn't too quiet. :)
The Stock GT exhaust is pretty quiet. I actually liked the the stock v6 a bit better, but now that I've put in the GT Roush Axle Backs it really is a nice tone. Deep during normal driving, and a nice growl when you get on it without being raspy.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Stock GT exhaust is pretty quiet. I actually liked the the stock v6 a bit better, but now that I've put in the GT Roush Axle Backs it really is a nice tone. Deep during normal driving, and a nice growl when you get on it without being raspy.
This is the first post I've seen where someone actually liked the stock V6 exhaust better than the stock GT. What about it did you prefer?

I do expect the GT exhaust to be quieter than my current axle back, but I figure there will be more options for trying other things once I've switched to the GT. The Roush axle-back for the V6 is reportedly fairly raspy. Interesting to hear pairing the GT version with the GT resonator might be different.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
This is the first post I've seen where someone actually liked the stock V6 exhaust better than the stock GT. What about it did you prefer?

I do expect the GT exhaust to be quieter than my current axle back, but I figure there will be more options for trying other things once I've switched to the GT. The Roush axle-back for the V6 is reportedly fairly raspy. Interesting to hear pairing the GT version with the GT resonator might be different.
Hmm.. hard to say. I suppose it just paired a little better with the v6 in my opinion in stock form. Kinda raspy and mean when you get on it but totally quiet when you are just cruising, where as the GT catback has a deeper tone, and also introduced some drone at highway speeds.

Here's a video of my setup with a cold start and some revs.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm.. hard to say. I suppose it just paired a little better with the v6 in my opinion in stock form. Kinda raspy and mean when you get on it but totally quiet when you are just cruising, where as the GT catback has a deeper tone, and also introduced some drone at highway speeds.

Here's a video of my setup with a cold start and some revs.

Sounds good. Also the first report I've seen of getting drone from just a GT catback. I hope the drone didn't get louder when you added the Roush AB.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Also the first report I've seen of getting drone from just a GT catback. I hope the drone didn't get louder when you added the Roush AB.
It did, but it changed the tone to be less deep. Its hard to describe but the stock GT drone has less character, where as the introduction of the axle-backs creates a bit more of aggression out of it. If I wanted to be stock and have absolutely no drone I would just stick with the stock v6 catback.
Sponsored