Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A little more careful grinding and some sanding, and that mounting boss is history. I plan to paint the upper portion of the intake to completely hide the deception and further beautify my engine bay, I’m just not sure what color at the moment. Maybe gloss black…maybe body color…or maybe red wrinkle finish. Decisions, decisions.
3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Homebrewed IMRC/CMCV lockouts. An engineer with access to machine tools pay $60 for these? I think not…
4.jpg

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Time for some grommet relocation brackets. Long ago I had bought the setup that a member was selling to mount the intake cover to the GT350 manifold, thinking I might install that manifold someday if the price ever got appealing; then along came the 2018 intake. These consist of a bar that spans the studs on the top of the intake (these mount under everything else that uses these studs), with a grommet tab, and standoffs to space the grommet tab off the bar. The designer/maker of these was a little off on the grommet spacing relative to the stud holes on the mounting bars, so I made an educated guess based on the bore centers of the Coyote and made new ones; the grommet tabs were on the money at least. Bingo. The standoff lengths need to be different from side to side as the threaded stud bosses are different heights (longer on the driver side), and a little trial and error was needed to dial in the lengths to my satisfaction. Here’s the end product, with a very poorly painted intake cover confirming fit.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Fun car season is more or less over here in Minnesota as of this writing since we just got our first blast of snow, so I’ve got a few months to install this baby, along with some 47# injectors and an E85 tune. The wait to play is gonna kill me. And the best part is that nobody poking around under my hood at a cruise night next summer will be the wiser.

By the way, I have absolutely zero interest (possibly less) in producing these parts for sale, so don’t ask - the demand wouldn’t be high enough and nobody would want to pay what I would want to make it worthwhile. However, here are the drawings for the parts as seen here in my thread in case anybody wants to duplicate my madness. Cheers.
Tie Bar_18.jpg
Standoff.jpg
Standoff_Opp.jpg
Grommet Tab.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Oh, and the lockouts.... :beer::beer::beer:
Lock Bar.jpg

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
The member was VeeeFour who made those brackets I believe he was banned on the fourm a long while ago. I bought a pair of these brackets awhile ago, nice easy way to adapt the engine cover. He sells them off and on eBay under the same name.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Your car looks fantastic! Great ingenuity on reusing the engine cover. Nice job!

Dirty16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Looks awesome man. Wish someone still made those brackets. Will have to find a machine shop around me I guess.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
A slightly different approach: I would like to use the 2017 engine cover set on my 2019. I really do not like the looks of the 2019 cover! Thanks for the drawings, they should be a great help in adapting the older cover. :)

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So I have a ported 350 IM(that I got for cheap) and I bought a revised bracket similar to yours from a guy in Poland(S550 is truly a global vehicle lol) but I have my doubts itll fit with the strut tower brace. I understand that you have an '18 IM but can you shed any light on the 350 IM fitment? TIA:like:

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
So I have a ported 350 IM(that I got for cheap) and I bought a revised bracket similar to yours from a guy in Poland(S550 is truly a global vehicle lol) but I have my doubts itll fit with the strut tower brace. I understand that you have an '18 IM but can you shed any light on the 350 IM fitment? TIA:like:
I believe the only IM that might interfere with clearance is the CJ... don't quote me on that though... lol

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
No idea on the 350/cover fitment with the strut tower brace. You might be the guinea pig on that one, I don't recall if I've seen pics of the 350 IM with the cover and brace living in harmony.

I still haven't gotten around to putting my '18 intake on the car yet due to other projects and priorities, but if I remember right there would be a bit less clearance with the brace. The '18 and 350 manifolds might be closer in that regard than we think. Post up the results either way! :like:

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Can you send me the CAD file you used for this
Fun car season is more or less over here in Minnesota as of this writing since we just got our first blast of snow, so I’ve got a few months to install this baby, along with some 47# injectors and an E85 tune. The wait to play is gonna kill me. And the best part is that nobody poking around under my hood at a cruise night next summer will be the wiser.

By the way, I have absolutely zero interest (possibly less) in producing these parts for sale, so don’t ask - the demand wouldn’t be high enough and nobody would want to pay what I would want to make it worthwhile. However, here are the drawings for the parts as seen here in my thread in case anybody wants to duplicate my madness. Cheers.
Tie Bar_18.jpg
Standoff.jpg
Standoff_Opp.jpg
Grommet Tab.jpg
Can i get the CAD files for this?
Sponsored