From Showroom to 9's in 2 weeks!

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Thx for the info Heinz,your 2019 is looking great.
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
just wondering if you have driven a well tuned 11-19 Auto? alot of people knock it but have never tried one.....the new cars do everything and then some and are just as much fun....the manual transmissions in the 11+ arent called the glass mt82 for nothing....and for anyone that thinks i bought an Auto cuz i cant drive well ill tell you i smash gears with anyone out there.....my 2014 went 9.90 at 140 with just 725 wheel hp. stock injectors, stock fuel system and a gen 2 vmp blower....ive seen folks with 800+ Shelbys not be able to run 9's..... here you go so there is no doubt i will toot my own horn in the gear smashing department.....and after having several 11-14 6r80 cars and now a pair of 18+ A10 cars i will always opt for the auto over the stick whenever available.....

Amen. And thank you for the 6R80 swap kit I bought from you. I absolutely LOVE it in my Boss 302/PBD tune. Crazy thrill when it downshifts and throws you back in the seat. Brings back memories of driving the Buick Grand National.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
will have to wait til next season, our season is over here in Ontario and i just havent had the new car/cars out enough...the 2015 with the vortech JT Trim was incredibly fast for what it was...9.40 at 146.8 stock motor stock trans with 3c and stock halfshafts (1.33 60').....if either of these new cars could match that 60' they would be 9.25-9.30 cars with the 10 speed imo
ALLKHEINZ, is the Whipple at max effort such as a 20% O.D. and 3.5” blower pulley? Did you get the bigger heat exchanger as well? Just really wondering if that car can run in the 8’s with that blower.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Better have a couple of spare 10R80's on the bench for that pass.

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ALLKHEINZ, is the Whipple at max effort such as a 20% O.D. and 3.5” blower pulley? Did you get the bigger heat exchanger as well? Just really wondering if that car can run in the 8’s with that blower.
no not even close, its still a 6 rib with 3.625” and stock lower..i did get the bigger heat exchanger...i weigh 435lbs (not kidding) and the car was full weight with just the welds as the only weight reduction...with the extra weight of the whipple setup and me driving id have to guess the car is no less then 4300lbs...lighter driver, seats out, some other weight reduction it coukd prolly go 8’s...i know Ballard has gone 9.1 at 152 getting after it so someone will do it soon i think...

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Better have a couple of spare 10R80's on the bench for that pass.
While low 9s seems to be the limits of the 10r80, has there been any bone stock auto transmissions that can take a 3800lb car plus driver into the low 9s?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There have been several cars with a 10R80 running low 9's, 7 th gear slips around 850 or so RWHP. If you have 3.15's and keep it in 6th gear slip should be minimized until someone like Exedy releases new clutches. I haven't seen the insides of a 10R80 but I'm curious if the piston could be machined to allow for another clutch, which would add holding power.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
no not even close, its still a 6 rib with 3.625” and stock lower..i did get the bigger heat exchanger...i weigh 435lbs (not kidding) and the car was full weight with just the welds as the only weight reduction...with the extra weight of the whipple setup and me driving id have to guess the car is no less then 4300lbs...lighter driver, seats out, some other weight reduction it coukd prolly go 8’s...i know Ballard has gone 9.1 at 152 getting after it so someone will do it soon i think...
Damn just a 6 rib and stock lower? Do you know how much boost it makes with that? I got the 10 rib, 20% lower and 3.625” but with a manual and it made 978 whp while also using the standard heat exchanger.

Did you say you’re 435 lbs? Man if that is true you are the man. Heck it woulda ran quicker than a 9.79 then for sure. Anthony Ballard is the one who put my car together so I know the power is there just not the trans. I had a 6R80 and just couldn’t get with an auto so I went manual this time.

Good luck to you man. Hope to see you get after it with the upgraded parts though. I feel the Gen5 has arrived and can run just as hard as the turbo kits can now.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Heinz has been shifting gears to 9 sec passes for a decade or more.

LOL at the haters.

Car is sick buddy... keep it up!

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds like an auto to me.

Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Great run! Has the half shafts and drive shaft been changed?

I'm also going with the whipple soon...

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Congratulations from Team Steeda !!!!

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Great run! Has the half shafts and drive shaft been changed?

I'm also going with the whipple soon...
stock driveshaft, and yes i have the ford racing halfshafts by gforce....when i find a compnay that will gaurantee me a driveshaft vibration free ill buy one.....so far im 0 for 2 in that department, and the good one that i had I sold to a good friend....he says it vibrates in his car a bit and hes not lowered, so as of now i dont think there is a driveshaft for the auto 18-19 cars that doesnt vibrate....

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
stock driveshaft, and yes i have the ford racing halfshafts by gforce....when i find a compnay that will gaurantee me a driveshaft vibration free ill buy one.....so far im 0 for 2 in that department, and the good one that i had I sold to a good friend....he says it vibrates in his car a bit and hes not lowered, so as of now i dont think there is a driveshaft for the auto 18-19 cars that doesnt vibrate....
I agree. Vibration from a driveshaft is unacceptable . I refuse to swap my stock one. Not many breaking the stock driveshaft from what I have seen , even in manual cars.
Sponsored