Sponsored

Why did you buy your Bullitt?

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Why did you buy it, color, history, performance, subtle cool factor or something else?

Dave
Sponsored

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
19 DHG Bullitt, 15 F-150 3.5l EB
Color, performance and features. Plus its a little better than having the exact same car as thirty five other people in the same town

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Looks, colour and the fact that New Zealand is only getting 50 in total makes it more special/unique

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
History, cool factor, exclusivity, colour, performance...……..

Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Impulse mostly. had a gt pp2 on order and a bullitt was offered to me. Didn't think Id like the green, but have since fallen in love with it.
Couldn't be happier with the car.

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Steve Mcqueen and the movie Bullitt. Although the movie was well before my time I watched it several times a day right around the time I got my license. Although he was dead before I was born I idolized Steve McQueen and loved his king of cool persona. I wouldn't have bought a Mustang had it not been a Bullitt. Luckily we cant down vote on this forum because I think the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Mustangs are really ugly so I'm not a superfan but I like Mustangs and would always choose them over a Camaro, any year. However I bought my Mustang because it was a Bullitt, nothing else.

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
I'm trading my Performance White 2012 GT/CS convertible on the new Bullitt. With the Ford Racing download, LCA's, 373's, 6 speed manual, and Steeda suspension, it's fast and handles great. But...to me it will never have the appeal of a new Bullitt. I'm expecting the new car to be as fast or faster, handle as good or better, and ride better. I'm also looking forward to the much improved MT-82 D4 transmission compared to my existing car. Besides, I've always been a Steve McQueen fan, and the Bullitt is a great tribute to the man and his work.

The design, stance and DHG color is awesome! (Fast cars are not for just the young, but also the young at heart. I'm 67.)

Last edited:

Billitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've never had a Mustang but always liked them and admired. I love the car chase from Bullitt and have always loved the car...To me the latest generation (Post 2015) really looks fantastic and reminds me of the 1968

So when the leaked photo from the Rock came out I started watched the threads and looking for updates...In other words I got caught up in the marketing hype. I watched the molly Mcqueen launch from the Detroit auto show and messaged my dealer that Sunday afternoon to order me one as soon as he could.

Here is another part of the story, I'm 58 years old and moving over from about 20 years of BMW ownership. I hope this doesn't come out wrong but in my community there are a lot of young adults with Mustangs...Gt's and the like. A lot!!! I have been tempted to get a GT since 2015 but wanted a Mustang that would set me apart from all the rest driving around town. If the Bullitt had not come out I would have splurged for the Shelby GT350.
For me the Bullitt is the PERFECT Mustang. Great power, not common, tie in one of my favorite movies.Ford has absolutely hit a home run here and I love my Bullitt

Sponsored

Bigred460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '79 F250
In thinking about it, I believe its been a long journey in buying a Bullitt.
I became a Steve McQueen fan when I was very young because of his love of two wheels. Starting riding dirtbikes when I was around 9 years old and then when I saw the On Any Sunday documentary that solidified my passion for bikes. The Great Escape is another film that I really love watching.
Been more of a truck guy than a car guy over the years, though there were two times when I desired getting a car, the first was several years ago when I had the idea that I would find a 1971 Mustang 429 SCJ and restore it. That didn't happen but I did end up buying a 1979 F250 and restored that. The second time was when I first read about the 2019 Bullitt, I instantly called my dealer to inquire. When he got back to me he said they were being allocated one, without hesitation I asked him to put my name on it.
My Bullitt has exceeded all of my expectations.

Last edited:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I've never had a Mustang but always liked them and admired. I love the car chase from Bullitt and have always loved the car...To me the latest generation (Post 2015) really looks fantastic and reminds me of the 1968

So when the leaked photo from the Rock came out I started watched the threads and looking for updates...In other words I got caught up in the marketing hype. I watched the molly Mcqueen launch from the Detroit auto show and messaged my dealer that Sunday afternoon to order me one as soon as he could.

Here is another part of the story, I'm 58 years old and moving over from about 20 years of BMW ownership. I hope this doesn't come out wrong but in my community there are a lot of young adults with Mustangs...Gt's and the like. A lot!!! I have been tempted to get a GT since 2015 but wanted a Mustang that would set me apart from all the rest driving around town. If the Bullitt had not come out I would have splurged for the Shelby GT350.
For me the Bullitt is the PERFECT Mustang. Great power, not common, tie in one of my favorite movies.Ford has absolutely hit a home run here and I love my Bullitt

Perfectly stated. Very similar story here. Always had an affinity for fast powerful cars, but the reality of life means it always hasn't been the case. Drove an Ecoboost last year and while I liked it, didn't make me want to run out and buy one. But when I saw the Bullitt, everything changed.. I had to have one.....seriously, I had to...… I have always been not one to follow the crowd, so this is perfect…..I am not a modder, and out of this box, this car is great. I have always been a "spirited driver" out on the twisty mountain roads. It has it all...… by the way I am a young 60...

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
68 years old. Very well remember when the movie came out, as I had a cheap Road Runner not the high zoot Charger or Mustang. Used to race Hare and Hounds in the SoCal desert on Triumphs with McQueen, I worked for the Triumph importer then. Been through a zillion BMW's, many with V-8's and MT. Wanted something that was pure car and not much technology, the Bullitt will be perfect. And it's green :like:

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Midlife crisis.

The movie didn't factor into this equation for me.

Finally at a point in my life when I can buy the car I want. I don't have to haul passengers much anymore with one kid out the door and two more to the next one gone. I wanted a sleeper, something mechanical, non-turbo, a little bit raw with a standard transmission, cooled seats, and a fun gt car. It is not as pretentious or expensive as a 911, but a little more special. not as cumbersome as a Camaro or Challenger, and it has an understated cool just like McQueen himself. Also wanted something I could keep for years and always feel good about.

Ford Nailed it.

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
I will trade my Ecoboost for the bullitt. First of all I wanted to drive an American V8 as long as it is affordable in Germany. When I learned the Bullitt will be available in a limited number I was happy because I love the decent look and the cool DHG.
In Germany they call it “Montana Grün“.
BTW I never watched the movie.
Sponsored

Last edited: