Sponsored

Article: The Ford Mustang Performance Pack Two Is What Happens When You let Engineers Tinker

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I've never driven a GT350. I have absolutely no idea what the Voodoo even sounds like in person. Yet I like to talk like I know about it.

I also buy walmart brand cereal vs the real stuff.
Hey dude, glad you finally admitted everything. Finally starting to speak like an adult.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey dude, glad you finally admitted everything. Finally starting to speak like an adult.
Says the... 2005 GT owner?

Hint: I've driven multiple on track. And I do buy some generic brand cereals. There are some that they just can't match, though (Looking at you, "berry colossal crunch")

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, did I call the GT350 fanboys swarming or what?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
"ll perform well against a 1LE in a single lap, it’s just not the right car for an extended lapping session. "
Reminds me part throttle racing. I was ahead of you for 1 lap!! . who goes 1 lap?
Hey take it easy there. Part throttle racing is legit.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Says the... 2005 GT owner?

Hint: I've driven multiple on track. And I do buy some generic brand cereals. There are some that they just can't match, though (Looking at you, "berry colossal crunch")
I've owned an 05 Mustang GT, Boss 302, C7 Vette, and a GT350. I've also had an Ecoboost and an RS as daily drivers. My girlfriend currently owns a 19 Mustang GT PP1 as well. Tracked the Boss, C7, and my GT350.

I have not seen you ever mention tracking, let alone driving, a GT350. You're the only person I've heard of that's been disappointed with that car and smack talked it, apart from people who can't handle a manual and go to an auto. If you can afford both, I just can't see not taking the GT350 with its Voodoo over the Coyote. No disrespect to the newer Coyote, which I feel is the true successor to the Roadrunner vs the 15-17 Coyote.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Haha! What a wild idea! Wider tires give more grip!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned an 05 Mustang GT, Boss 302, C7 Vette, and a GT350. I've also had an Ecoboost and an RS as daily drivers. My girlfriend currently owns a 19 Mustang GT PP1 as well. Tracked the Boss, C7, and my GT350.

I have not seen you ever mention tracking, let alone driving, a GT350. You're the only person I've heard of that's been disappointed with that car and smack talked it, apart from people who can't handle a manual and go to an auto. If you can afford both, I just can't see not taking the GT350 with its Voodoo over the Coyote. No disrespect to the newer Coyote, which I feel is the true successor to the Roadrunner vs the 15-17 Coyote.
Then you must've missed the thread where I discussed that I had taken both a GT and a GT350 on track, and wasn't impressed enough with it to think that $20k spent on a GT couldn't make it better, thus why I decided to buy a GT rather than a GT350. I'm not smack talking it at all, I was seriously considering buying one, as it was a seriously impressive car when it first came out. I'm just saying it's certainly not anywhere near worth the $20k premium over a PP2.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Its extremely difficult for me to see this car outside of the lens of 1LE competitor. I know what Ford SAYS....but putting those tires on a car and then saying its not a track car is just hogwash. It won't ever add up because it doesn't add up.

Conscientiously sandbagging the PP2 car because it encroaches on the margins of the GT350 makes a TON of cents (See what I did there). But it doesn't make it the right thing to do. Oh well...

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
And you are already charging the premium price to pay for them.

And we need a better name, "PP2" is so lame.
"Tremor package" was the official name from Ford, but its never referred to anything but PP2 because that is how its listed on the order sheet.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
And you are already charging the premium price to pay for them.

Ford uses the complete "Performance Package" wording, it was the press that tagged it with PP2. With that said, I do agree w/you 100%, But it's not going to change. Hell, even I use PP2 when talking to other Mustang owners.

There is a story about Carroll Shelby & the naming of the original '65 GT350. Basically, what he said was that ... "if the GT350 is a good car, no one will care what it's called. And, if it's a bad car, no one will remember."

I would probably be more concerned if there was PP badging on the car, but there ain't. It just says 5.0 on the fenders (tho I do like the non-5.0 Bullitt fenders) & GT on the backside ... & that works for me! :turkey:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
As is , the PP2 would be okay with me for an occasional drive around a track. There probably will be a PP3 coming in the future for more track oriented customers.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agree bigtime. They could've called it "track pack" if they had added a diff cooler, but alas, they did not. But even otherwise, they were going to name it "Tremor", which while it isn't a GREAT name, it was a hell of a lot better. They also could've chosen from Mach 1, Boss 302, Shelby GT, etc...

But "Performance Package LEVEL 2" just SCREAMS "afterthought"
Sponsored