Sponsored

New Bullitt Brembos Arrived.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just received these in the mail today. They're the new red Brembo calipers that come on the Bullitt. Thanks to Benny at Levittown Ford helping me track down the part # and getting them to me super quick (they shipped yesterday and arrived today). Great looking mod for anyone looking to upgrade their base brakes to Brembos.
brembo.JPG
Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What did you end up paying for them if you don't mind me asking? Part #?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do you have to do anything with the master cylinder or brake bias when doing such an upgrade?

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have to do anything with the master cylinder or brake bias when doing such an upgrade?
Nope. Just change out the calipers, pads, rotors, dust shield. Can keep the stock hoses and master cylinder. Really easy job, the most difficult part, for me anyway, is bleeding the brakes.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I wonder about the brake bias as well. I've been holding off on a similar upgrade (base GT brakes to PP Brembos) b/c of this very question. At least on the 15-17, the master cylinder part#s are diff b/t the base GT and PP-equipped GTs and that worries me.

ps
Those are sweet-looking calipers!

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder about the brake bias as well. I've been holding off on a similar upgrade (base GT brakes to PP Brembos) b/c of this very question. At least on the 15-17, the master cylinder part#s are diff b/t the base GT and PP-equipped GTs and that worries me.

ps
Those are sweet-looking calipers!
Thanks. I've been wanting them since I first seen the Bullitt. I believe someone said the base brake master cylinder is the same as the GT350 one? I do know that Ford does not make the master cylinder part of their complete PP brake upgrade kit, which they probably would if it was needed. A bunch of people have been running them for awhile now with the stock master cylinder without any issues. If you watch the various install videos from places like CJ Pony Parts, none of them switch out the master cylinder either.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Yes, I've noticed those things as well. It's just that nagging little voice in my head that has kept me from installing all the parts I bought a year ago. I guess I'll just get it done. I seem to remember reading on this forum that the PP master cylinder just holds more fluid than the standard master cylinder to help with cooling? I.E. it's not a "more powerful" master cylinder. Similar to the PP radiator vs. the stock radiator.

Very cool red Brembos; they will look great on your black GT!

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I've noticed those things as well. It's just that nagging little voice in my head that has kept me from installing all the parts I bought a year ago. I guess I'll just get it done. I seem to remember reading on this forum that the PP master cylinder just holds more fluid than the standard master cylinder to help with cooling? I.E. it's not a "more powerful" master cylinder. Similar to the PP radiator vs. the stock radiator.

I just checked and the manual non-PP GT and even the ecoboost and v6 manual cars have the same master cylinder part # as the GT350 which has the larger front and rear Brembo brakes. So the manual non-PP master cylinder should be more than enough for the front PP Brembo brakes. I'm not sure why the auto part # is different. I'll have to see if anyone on here with a 6R80 has done the conversion yet, but if you have a manual, you should be fine.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

I can say with confidence, install them. I have a base GT and upgraded to the PP calipers. Raced last weekend with them. 137 to 30mph very predictable and balanced. Definitely generate heat though so be sure to have something to get air to them if you race.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks, @2015Etrac and @Performance nut ! I do have drilled/slotted PowerStop rotors for all four corners as well as upgraded PS Z26 pads, so I should be ready for the increased braking heat generated. I bought the PP rotor shields, which basically cover 25% of the rotor. Not sure if I will use those. I checked, and the rotors and Brembo calipers fit just fine with the non-PP brake rotor shields.

As my car will rarely see the track (1/4 mile drags occasionally) I'd rather have the increased road-gunk protection for the rotors vs. cooling.

The weather is supposed to cool off a little bit here, hopefully making it less than 85 degrees in my garage, so I'm hoping to get the brake upgrade down soon...it's only been a year. LOL!

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
If the lettering was black, I'd probably swap these with my regular PP brembos.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I'll have to see if anyone on here with a 6R80 has done the conversion yet, but if you have a manual, you should be fine.
I have an auto and did the swap last month.

Thanks, @2015Etrac and @Performance nut ! I do have drilled/slotted PowerStop rotors for all four corners as well as upgraded PS Z26 pads, so I should be ready for the increased braking heat generated. I bought the PP rotor shields, which basically cover 25% of the rotor. Not sure if I will use those. I checked, and the rotors and Brembo calipers fit just fine with the non-PP brake rotor shields.

As my car will rarely see the track (1/4 mile drags occasionally) I'd rather have the increased road-gunk protection for the rotors vs. cooling.
Use the PP shields, they were designed for the venting on the inside face of the PP rotors. "Road gunk" is a non-issue.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an auto and did the swap last month.

Use the PP shields, they were designed for the venting on the inside face of the PP rotors. "Road gunk" is a non-issue.
Thanks. I guess I'll throw them on this week then. I know a bunch of people have already done this swap but never paid attention to whether they had an auto or manual trans. What surprised me is the base v6 manual uses the same master cylinder as the GT350 but the PP cars do not. I wonder why.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Maybe it has something to do with the brake bias. GT350 6 front and 4 rear pistons similar to 2-1 on the base v6. GTs are 4-1 or 6-1
Sponsored