Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure GM cares. Do we know their internal sales target? Is it profitable for them, even if it's selling less then the competition? I don't know, do you? But, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I'd like to see 7th gen versions of all the V8 pony/muscle cars.
Sponsored

El Cangry

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
First Name
Xavier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange fury
I think the majority of any forums members are realists. There is a select few that take this stuff personal. And then they start to sound stupid! I’ve own Fords, Chevys and dodges. I lean Ford. But right now I can say. It’s an embarrassment. That you can’t buy a Mustang with straight seams! Or that the GT500 delays. Are flat out embarrassing. Or Fords decision to discontinue car sales in America is stupid. Chevy guys need to ask for a Camaro with better sight lines. Bigger rear seat & trunk. And quit defending its flaws. They hold onto their 2016 performance advantages like their lives depend on it. Well guess what? It’s not 2016 anymore. That performance advantage is gone. And you were getting clobbered in sales in 2016! As a car guy. I’d like to see performance cars doing well. So when I’m ready to buy the next hot rod. I’ll have a stable of bad ass cars to choice from. Everyone needs to remember the 2003-2009 Camaro. Or the 2002 to percent Toyota Supra. Etc. The worst thing we can do as performance car fans. Is become fan boys.

I think the demise of the V8 performance car is greatly exaggerated. It’ll most likely die a slow death. As manufacturers keep raising the price of performance cars. It’s getting to the point now. That the everyday performance cars cost a years salary to the average family. It won’t be long before a loaded mustang costs 60 grand.
Well, to that last statement...
Here in PR they asked me 64k for a fully loaded GT with performance pack 2. I told him that he was crazy. But had to settle for a Premium GT with black package for 55k. Its ridiculous!

El Cangry

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
First Name
Xavier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange fury
I look forward to the day when Mustang owners and Camaro owners can stand side by side in pony fellowship.
I'm with you here. I own both! And they both have good stuff and not so good stuff. But I never say one is better than the other. I just love cars. Hell, I hope I van own a Hellcat one day too!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know. I've never worried about the sale numbers. I bought the car that had the best performance per $ for track use. And I haven't crashed into anyone driving it on the street, even though I can only see out of the center of the windshield!

I do like Mustangs. But the fact that they're more common isn't appealing to me. I would have loved to get a GT350, but it was out of my price range.
I'm sure GM cares. Do we know their internal sales target? Is it profitable for them, even if it's selling less then the competition? I don't know, do you? But, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I'd like to see 7th gen versions of all the V8 pony/muscle cars.
Same old camaro c6g line " Sales don't matter" " With sales so low I have and exclusive car" " GM makes so much profit on every car sold that they don't have to sell as many" Same old tired song and dance :facepalm:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Sorry, but not what I did at all. I just set up a post to see which jealous Mustang owner (owners) troll on the Camaro site.

Every time I have posted anything positive about my Camaro experiences I get slammed and called a troll. I just had a little fun with it!
Sure you did. You got exposed for being another troll.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Not you specifically, but plenty of your fellow forum members are ragging on this guy. Just pointing out it's not all roses over here either.
No one said it was. Where did you get that? Might want to read the thread and understand a little more.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, but not what I did at all. I just set up a post to see which jealous Mustang owner (owners) troll on the Camaro site.

Every time I have posted anything positive about my Camaro experiences I get slammed and called a troll. I just had a little fun with it!
And that's the definition of a Troll

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'm with you here. I own both! And they both have good stuff and not so good stuff. But I never say one is better than the other. I just love cars. Hell, I hope I van own a Hellcat one day too!
One of the rare people.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
And that's the definition of a Troll
It’s too bad the mods just won’t get rid of the blatant trolls. He is on here crying about how he hates his GT and how it isn’t as good as a factory supercharged car that costs more money. Then goes on C6G and calls us clowns because we don’t hate our cars and disagree that they aren’t trash. Then it was a test? What? Who is on here going there to troll? Got exposed for being a weak troll at that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It does look bad.:shock:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think the demise of the V8 performance car is greatly exaggerated. It’ll most likely die a slow death. As manufacturers keep raising the price of performance cars. It’s getting to the point now. That the everyday performance cars cost a years salary to the average family. It won’t be long before a loaded mustang costs 60 grand.
You have to see the prices in Germany here. When I bought my GT in early 2015 the MSRP was 42k€. When I want to buy the exact same options in a 19 GT right now, the MSRP is slightly over 50k€. And that is the cheap one, if you go Convertible with AT and magnetic ride the MSRP raise to 60k€ - That's the price of a TT RS or BMW M4 with under 5,000 miles on it.

I really hope they will not raise the price any further with Gen 7. They are getting to levels where the usual target audience is not able or willing to spend so much money on it.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Same old camaro c6g line " Sales don't matter" " With sales so low I have and exclusive car" " GM makes so much profit on every car sold that they don't have to sell as many" Same old tired song and dance :facepalm:
Those weren't statements, they were questions.

If I had the means, I'd have a GT in the garage as well. Plus a Raptor.. and a Colorado ZR2.. but one car was the limit, and the 1LE fit the bill.

Will I be bummed if there isn't a 7th gen Camaro due to low sales? Maybe.. I haven't seen it yet. Maybe they'll just get rid of all the windows and make you wear a VR headset while driving, and I wouldn't buy that..
Sponsored