Sponsored

About to but new GT 350- should I do it?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
So, are these ars as reliable as the regular 5.0 in a normal GT? I read the thread with all of the blown up motor problems...omg! Is this common? Any other negatives to consider?
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I've heard they're reliable but the tend to consume oil. I forget but some consume a quart ever 1500mi or so? Are you going to daily drive it? I know the GT350 is a rough rider and more stiff than a GT PP. I personally wouldn't get one over a GT PP due to the minimal difference in 0-60 times for the extra cost. But if you're going to track it, then yes.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I personally wouldn't get one over a GT PP due to the minimal difference in 0-60 times for the extra cost. But if you're going to track it, then yes.
I won't speak for most GT350 owners, but I am not getting a GT350 because of it's 0-60 time. I am also not getting it for track use only. I want one, well, because it's a "Shelby GT350". The looks, the power, the handling, the exhaust sound, the "specialness", etc. That's why I want one. It's just a totally different "class" of car than the 5.0. But that's just my 2c.

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
About reliability, read that 53-page Blown Engine Thread and make your own decision.
It has been discussed thoroughly and people still have different opinion.

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Will be a street car only. I’ve had a 2011 GT...horrible suspension, very soft. Last one was a 2017 GT with PP. better, but still sloppy. Is the GT350 the bomb or William I still need to modify to make it feel solid, without corner lean and vertical movements?

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Consumables like tires, brake pads, etc on the 350 are going to be more expensive than a GT. Since the Voo Doo motor makes almost 25% more power than the coyote, it's most likely less reliable as well by default.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Will be a street car only. I’ve had a 2011 GT...horrible suspension, very soft. Last one was a 2017 GT with PP. better, but still sloppy. Is the GT350 the bomb or William I still need to modify to make it feel solid, without corner lean and vertical movements?
I suggest and hope that regardless of whether you get the GT350 or not, that you take your high-performance street car to the track at least once, preferably a few or more times, for the following reasons:
1. You will never be able to even begin to explore the performance capabilities of the GT350 or other comparable performance car safely on the street, without putting yourself or others at risk, unless you take it to a track.
2. You will learn to drive your high-performance car better and more safely on the street if you have some quality instruction at a track through NASA, Hooked on Driving, Chin, or others.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Wait, you already have a '19 PP2? Are you trading that in for the GT350?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't speak for most GT350 owners, but I am not getting a GT350 because of it's 0-60 time. I am also not getting it for track use only. I want one, well, because it's a "Shelby GT350". The looks, the power, the handling, the exhaust sound, the "specialness", etc. That's why I want one. It's just a totally different "class" of car than the 5.0. But that's just my 2c.
It's better and different. But when you can get a GT rocket for low $30s (and yes, they sound awesome stock), spending an extra $30K on a GT 350 isn't appetizing to many. And I may be in the minority but as good as the GT 350 sounds, I think the exhaust too loud and would be annoying after awhile. That how loud exhausts usually work.

But I value comfort number one so the GT 350 is out of the question anyway. I'd much rather ride around in a base GT.

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
Sums up why I purchased my GT350.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
This is the nicest suspension in any mustang i’ve owned. It is really nice for the street IMO and is also selectable.

The reliability and dealer ineptness is why i got rid of mine.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I get compliments all the time and it's crazy cause I'm not even looking for them. They always catch me by surprise. I bought the GT350 because of the Engine and how spectacular it sounds when the exhaust is open. My loooord.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I have an order for a new GT here in North Jersey. The dealer has a cool looking triple black 350 ( 2018) on the showroom floor. They had originally added $5000 over list but the sales manager said " that's really negotiable". I think he meant " We'd drop it". Dealer is Verner Cadby in Fairfield NJ. sales mgr is Kurt/ they're nice people to deal with. I better stop looking at it when I go there. The car looks like it wants to kick someone's ass.
Sponsored