Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Im a bit on the fence with the look, need to see it in bolder colour like a red. Although, Im glad it's moved the design away from the 18 front refresh
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Interesting concepts...although I’d prefer a somewhat less radical front end appearance, this is the type of design language I was expecting as the Mustang moves forward.
The one with the grill and hood vents makes think hybrid or straight ICE.
The other screams BEV.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow. That has to be legit in some form. The one with the larger grill reminds me a little too much of the new Camaro refresh, I prefer the one that's nearly grill-less. The lack of a grill also seems to suggest EV to me as well. Clearly these are just concepts so the window area will have to get bigger and the roof higher for production, but as a design direction I think it looks pretty cool. Won't be replacing my Bullitt though lol.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Very cool ideas there. I like some things about both of them. I'm surprised by the lack of innovation at the rear of the cars, which makes it seem less likely to be a "real" Mustang concept IMO. But the fronts look good. Obviously the roof couldn't be so low and the gaps between the wheels and wheel arches would have to be increased in a real production version.

I'm not in love with a huge, glowing pony front and center on the grill, but other than that they look good to me. Also the cowl hood is not my favorite. The body creases on the side and the look of the nose are really good. The creases by the rear window a la `70 Charger are good as well.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I honestly thought these "concepts" would get more of a reaction.......even if it wasn't positive :crazy:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Im a bit on the fence with the look, need to see it in bolder colour like a red. Although, Im glad it's moved the design away from the 18 front refresh
Actually, the more I look at it the more I like it, especially the top photo with the front and side profile.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Personally, assuming we're not actually waiting 5 years for S650 (after all, current rumour is it'll be a '22MY in 2021) then I'd rather they just adapt the S550 look.

Haven't posted this red render in while ;)

The DLO is similar, but slightly tweaked and the roof has a slightly more fastback rake. I especially like the return of the "hockey stick" on the side....the S197 had a mild version of this which was, of course, a nod to the '65-'68. The exaggerated rear hips hint at even more muscle.

:sunglasses:
S650 comparison 1.jpg
S650 comparison 2.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
s650-concept-3-jpg.jpg
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

Some of the beauty has gone. But they look OK.
I think they have very beautiful elements and also look much more exotic than the current Mustang. I think the problem is the continuity between the styling elements seems a little disjointed in the concepts.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me, or does this view of the car on the left scream "Lexus LC500"? Especially with the hip and roof profile. Not so much the front end, but somewhat similar
lexus.png

Edit: now that I'm looking at them side by side, even the front ends are similar... just turn the Lexus "hourglass" grille into more of a "diamond" and they'd be shockingly close

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
ford_mustang_concept_by_jhonconnor-d67imxp.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me, or does this view of the car on the left scream "Lexus LC500"? Especially with the hip and roof profile. Not so much the front end, but somewhat similar

Edit: now that I'm looking at them side by side, even the front ends are similar... just turn the Lexus "hourglass" grille into more of a "diamond" and they'd be shockingly close

I'll take a LC500 for $35k!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take a LC500 for $35k!
Agreed! The LC is a beautiful beast, and with a Mustang's performance and price tag, it would be killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.