Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
As much as I would like to say, "Hey, this is cool", it just seems like it's something else to go wrong with something so minor. Puddle light is fine, but I think they're taking it too far now. Just looking at the diagram with all the different projectors, I can only imagine what issues they'll run into with this.
Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not really a puddle light person, but it's a cool idea.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Imagine the profit margin on the Puddle Lamp Color Covers for this! You could be selling 16 per car, 8 per side! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Rofl...Chevy out there patenting clutch designs to bring manual to mid engined vette and here we have Ford playing with puddle lamps instead of making better transmissions...

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Rofl...Chevy out there patenting clutch designs to bring manual to mid engined vette and here we have Ford playing with puddle lamps instead of making better transmissions...
Yeah... because they only employ 1 thinker and it is an either-or scenario. :like:

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Do they think this is going to sell more cars or make me want one?

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can we also get illuminated ponies in the seat backs, rather like BMW has in their M cars? :like:
What I'd rather see Ford steal from BMW is the electronic arm in the E90 3 series coupes that hands you your seatbelt when you close the door. Reaching for the seatbelts in my mustang is a bitch, especially since I have Recaros

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What I'd rather see Ford steal from BMW is the electronic arm in the E90 3 series coupes that hands you your seatbelt when you close the door. Reaching for the seatbelts in my mustang is a bitch, especially since I have Recaros
You don't keep it in the little holder on the seat? I know it's not as secure as the one on the standard seats but it should still get the job done.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
You don't keep it in the little holder on the seat? I know it's not as secure as the one on the standard seats but it should still get the job done.
If it is anything like the holder in my 'vert, it puts the seatbelt way to high and across the bottom part of my neck. Since I am very sensitive to that, I keep it out. But in my standard seats I just reach back with my left hand and pull it up, don't even think about it anymore. Passengers seem to have a tougher time. But for me, I occasionally have passengers in the back seat so that also makes attaching the seatbelt to the front seat a bit of a hassle. The only time I put it in the holder is on the passenger side, occasionally when I have the top down certain winds make the buckle flop around and smack the plastic molding. Will put it in the holder on these days (reaching over from the driver's seat) to stop it from doing that.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The holder is nice, but mine always slips out when I take off my seatbelt haha

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, I'm assuming this isn't official, but someone has certainly gone to great lengths to produce these scale models. I found it on a FB page with no details other than "You saw it here. First. 5 years from now The Mustang. Yes or No"

Whilst its obvious there are two models here, its worth pointing out there are actually different......particularly around the front end (I prefer the one in the second image down, with the larger grille). Sadly, with the images being quite small and low-res, its difficult to make out the details.

After a bit of initial shock, I actually like these more than I thought I would, considering this is pushing the Mustang design forward a lot. My only concern would be the narrow DLO (Day Light Opening - or side windows to you and I!!) and lack of rear seat space. If this were a 2-seater, then no problem, but one of the things that has made (and continues to make) the Mustang a great sales success is its usability (decent-ish back seat & trunk room with good visibility)

S650 Concept 1.jpg
S650 Concept 2.jpg
S650 Concept 3.jpg
S650 Concept 4.jpg
S650 Concept 5.jpg
S650 Concept 6.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.