Sponsored

Edelbrock 2018-2019 Mustang Modular Inlet 2650 TVS Supercharger – Stage 1 - 15832 & 158320

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Edelbrock Tech

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Will stage 2 be CARB compliant?
Yes. All calibrated kits must be tested and deemed CARB compliant. This is the reason we have to keep you waiting a little longer.
Sponsored

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
congrats guys, looks like a great option at a reasonable price point.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Yes. All calibrated kits must be tested and deemed CARB compliant. This is the reason we have to keep you waiting a little longer.
Cool. I'm really torn between the new Whipple, and the e-force right now, and the Whipple is winning based on hp, but I want the e-force based on the Eaton oem history. Stage 2 with an EO would be where my money goes.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
so in reference to the stage 2 availability, What about those of us who live in a non-communist state?

OP
OP
Edelbrock Tech

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. I'm really torn between the new Whipple, and the e-force right now, and the Whipple is winning based on hp, but I want the e-force based on the Eaton oem history. Stage 2 with an EO would be where my money goes.
I have seen the HP numbers out there...Could we make more HP with Stage 1? Yes. But we found that at higher power levels the results get inconsistent. Edelbrock delivers safe, consistent power that is backed by a FREE powertrain warranty. This same concept is applied to Stage 2.

Buying Stage 1 now, having a blast, and upgrading to Stage 2 later adds to the fun of Hot Rodding!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edelbrock Tech

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so in reference to the stage 2 availability, What about those of us who live in a non-communist state?
EPA governs all... But like I said above, Stage 1 is available now and easily upgradable to Stage 2 later :thumbsup:

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
EPA governs all... But like I said above, Stage 1 is available now and easily upgradable to Stage 2 later :thumbsup:
did you guys do any dyno pulls to 8000rpm, curious to see how the top end of the system looks, the dyno you posted cuts off lower than even the stock redline.

OP
OP
Edelbrock Tech

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you guys do any dyno pulls to 8000rpm, curious to see how the top end of the system looks, the dyno you posted cuts off lower than even the stock redline.
Great question. The power does carry well to about 7500, but peak power comes in around 7000rpm. This goes for even a stock 2018. Our supercharger makes great torque throughout the RPM range so peak power happens sooner compared to other PD style blowers. The power comes on so hard with this kit that we put a .015" restrictor in the bypass hose to physically slow down the boost ramp. This makes the daily driving experience very smooth and linear. If you want quicker responce and have the tires to put down the power, the restrictor is easily removable. When traction is an issue at the track, we noticed quicker 60ft times with the restrictor installed.

ICEFURY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2019 Mustang GT on order
When my will the press release go out to the rest of your dealers?

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Wait until you see the test results with a LUND tune.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Great question. The power does carry well to about 7500, but peak power comes in around 7000rpm. This goes for even a stock 2018. Our supercharger makes great torque throughout the RPM range so peak power happens sooner compared to other PD style blowers. The power comes on so hard with this kit that we put a .015" restrictor in the bypass hose to physically slow down the boost ramp. This makes the daily driving experience very smooth and linear. If you want quicker responce and have the tires to put down the power, the restrictor is easily removable. When traction is an issue at the track, we noticed quicker 60ft times with the restrictor installed.
That's interesting, it might be peaking at 7000 due to the pressure drop across the stock TB, with a larger TB the rotor pack should be able to carry power to 7800-8000rpm. Have you guys measured the pressure drop across the TB on your stage 1 and stage 2 kit?

OP
OP
Edelbrock Tech

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting, it might be peaking at 7000 due to the pressure drop across the stock TB, with a larger TB the rotor pack should be able to carry power to 7800-8000rpm. Have you guys measured the pressure drop across the TB on your stage 1 and stage 2 kit?
There is just under a 2psi drop using the stock throttle body with the pulley the kit ships with. The 103mm cuts that nearly in half. The larger throttle body also moves peak power up to about 7300-7500rpm with gains throughout the entire curve. Power also carries to 7800 without dropping. I have a follow up post coming that shows what is possible with the Stage 1 hardware and then what gains can be had with the Stage 2 components. The results are impressive for both configurations.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
what price range is the 103mm Throttle Body going to be in?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.