Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Had this idea back in 2017...
13081829_10206713844664527_1515899599_n.jpg
Interesting. If they incorporate this in the next gen I'd actually be surprised. With the current trends going towards facial recognition, having a keypad on a futuristic Mustang would make it seem old fashioned. Those keypads have been around since the 80s I think and never seemed to be very popular to begin with. I dunno why they're still around honestly.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ford's semi-invisible Keypads are awesome... it not just for the owner, but for family, etc.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I love the fact that GM sent out a survey asking what owners think. Whether or not they do exactly what current owners would prefer, it's good to at least have an idea of owner preferences.

Personally, I really like the idea of the Mustang being quicker, but I would by far prefer a light and reduced complexity method for this over a heavy and expensive method. Whether I would buy a V8 with hybrid assist depends on how much it costs and how well it performs. Our Mustangs are already huge barges. I feel like I'm getting into an SUV when I sit in the Mustang compared to my junky old Porsche. 3,800 lbs is already far too heavy. That would probably be the one way I would buy a 4 cylinder Mustang - is if they made the car 2,800 lbs or so and reduced the size so much that a V8 no longer fits.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Interesting. If they incorporate this in the next gen I'd actually be surprised. With the current trends going towards facial recognition, having a keypad on a futuristic Mustang would make it seem old fashioned. Those keypads have been around since the 80s I think and never seemed to be very popular to begin with. I dunno why they're still around honestly.
They were very helpful when I was in the towing business. Many owners didn't want to leave their keys. Being able to lock them inside and give me the code was a good solution.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the fact that GM sent out a survey asking what owners think. Whether or not they do exactly what current owners would prefer, it's good to at least have an idea of owner preferences.
Ford does this as well, they just do it for prospective buyers rather than current owners, which is probably why Mustangs are usually so well received in the public eye. Current owners typically don't like change, but since GM caters so heavily to the current owners, the cars remain somewhat stagnant. Look at how similar the 6G Camaro looks to the 5G...

Also, NO THANK YOU to a mustang too small to fit a V8. I can understand a small mustang, but going much smaller than an M3 would not be good. As soon as the mustang loses the V8 option, we lose the mustang

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford does this as well, they just do it for prospective buyers rather than current owners, which is probably why Mustangs are usually so well received in the public eye. Current owners typically don't like change, but since GM caters so heavily to the current owners, the cars remain somewhat stagnant. Look at how similar the 6G Camaro looks to the 5G...

Also, NO THANK YOU to a mustang too small to fit a V8. I can understand a small mustang, but going much smaller than an M3 would not be good. As soon as the mustang loses the V8 option, we lose the mustang
I don't think the Coyote would fit in an M3.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

Both companies send these types of surveys to both current and prospective new buyers. The resulting data is segmented based on that. You just don’t hear about the ones that have only gone to prospective buyers because they may not be on the same forums. Actually, I would not be surprised if someone on M6G has received the GM survey or someone on C6G received the Ford survey.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't think the Coyote would fit in an M3.

It wouldn't be because the car is any smaller than the Mustang. The E90 had a V8 with roughly the same external dimensions to the Coyote.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It wouldn't be because the car is any smaller than the Mustang. The E90 had a V8 with roughly the same external dimensions to the Coyote.
^^exactly. The coyote is a tad bigger, but they're both decently large DOHC V8s. Have you ever seen the size of a cylinder head on the F80 M3? BMW does the same thing as Ford with massive cylinder heads, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you were able to squeeze a Coyote into an E90 M3

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Attachments

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Could also be used to keep the Pony in the same location on the ground, regardless of the door position.

Personally, I’d rather see them use this space for fiber optic cameras that give you a better view of what’s around you and where your wheels are in relation to a curb.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Cheesy......but I like it :)

Can we also get illuminated ponies in the seat backs, rather like BMW has in their M cars? :like:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Personally, I’d rather see them use this space for fiber optic cameras that give you a better view of what’s around you and where your wheels are in relation to a curb.
They could do both. There's lots of mirrors that have projection lamps and cameras for a 360 birds eye view as well.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Status
Not open for further replies.