2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still a very bummed, honestly. The last one was my first new Ford, first Mustang ever, and I REALLY loved it.

But I'm guessing the 6g community can help me make it sound and feel as nice as the V6, if not a bit different.

I noticed, while cleaning out the yellow V6, the damage extends to the front end, the fender is misaligned. Also, the wheel is super crooked, but the wheel/tire didn't take a hit, I think the upper control arm mounting point has been pulled toward the rear of the car. It's much more than cosmetic. Just an FYI
How come you couldn't just get a like for like.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I handled it calmly and rationally, and I think the dealer could see that I wasn't greedy or looking for some kind of payout I didn't deserve, so they fixed me up.
Well said, enjoy your new ride.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I didn't expect the thread to become so polarized. I just posted to show my unfortunate circumstances.

-I never said I was angry.
-I didn't mention any names or shame any dealers.
-I blurred out people who might not want to be identified by this.
-I said I was being advised by an attorney.
-I am.

Why is everyone arguing amongst themselves all of the sudden?

I'm at the dealership now. They are making it right. I'll post pics of my 2018 tonight or tomorrow.

Everyone stop arguing please.
Ok, we will.

Guys, back to how great the Mustang is and how poorly Camaros are selling because you can't see out of them.....:like:

Sponsored

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
And your new one is not likely to experience any drive line vibration and the A/C evaporator won't leak.
Enjoy your new one. :like:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do not have a copy. I agree with your post I don't know why people are so angry . I never ONCE mentioned the dealers name, a lawsuit of any kind, or trying to get some free car I didn't pay for. I mentioned:
1- The wreck that happened.
2-That I was being advised by an attorney (because I didn't know what was about to happen)
3-That I was negotiating with the dealer as to a solution.

They are taking care of me. Why would I blast and name shame them?

By the way, the tech driving the car just mis-judged how much space he had on the right rear. No drugs/drink/speed involved.
Excellent! Very glad to see that it was worked out with no additional harm being done. Hope you enjoy your new ride!!

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I'm glad this worked out well for everyone involved. While you'll probably miss the awesome color of the damaged car, the performance upgrade should soften the blow.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Probably so, but I hate to admit this, the 2017 FELT faster. I drove 2 Ecoboost cars the day I bought mine. A 6M and 10A. The V6/6A felt quickest of the 4. But, they say it ain't so. ā˜ŗ
The Ecoboost needs 91/93 octane to get Max HP. The dealership will have 87 octane in the tank and that is why the EB felt slower than a V6.

Fill her up with the good stuff and you will get full power. Congrats on the new Mustang Ecoboost, much better than the V6.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I do not have a copy. I agree with your post I don't know why people are so angry . I never ONCE mentioned the dealers name, a lawsuit of any kind, or trying to get some free car I didn't pay for. I mentioned:
1- The wreck that happened.
2-That I was being advised by an attorney (because I didn't know what was about to happen)
3-That I was negotiating with the dealer as to a solution.

They are taking care of me. Why would I blast and name shame them?

By the way, the tech driving the car just mis-judged how much space he had on the right rear. No drugs/drink/speed involved.
Please put down the crack pipe and read what you posted....

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
View media item 13791

Here is my new one. EB/10A. I like the look of my other one better, and I MUCH prefer the V6/6A, but considering the circumstances I think it's ok.
Huge upgrade I think if you didnā€™t have to come out of pocket or adjust payment. Better resale value and better for modding. Color is great too

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The Ecoboost needs 91/93 octane to get Max HP. The dealership will have 87 octane in the tank and that is why the EB felt slower than a V6.

Fill her up with the good stuff and you will get full power. Congrats on the new Mustang Ecoboost, much better than the V6.

Yup. The problem is that gas prices are almost the highest they have ever been now in Canada and have been so for over half a year. After the newness wears off everyone who DD their car will start putting 87 in the tank. So when I pull up to an Ecoboost he isnā€™t up for a pull cause heā€™s on low octane gas. Happened two days a go at a light. They will sheepishly admit it if you ask them. Maybe he puts high octane when he knows he wants performance like on the weekend but goes on the cheap the rest of the time. I do this but the six still puts out 300 on 87 and more on 93. In Cali you canā€™t even get 93 so a stock V6 is faster just based on availability.

The Ecoboost has more mod potential. Even something simple like a strut bar is a problem on the six. The Ecoboost can get the PP and sync 3 and from the looks of it at least you have that (sync 3). I agree the six sounds better especially after 4,500rpm and in comparison to the V8 I consider the V6 sound to be better - an actual surprise there. At lower revs I prefer the V8. The 6 is proven and more reliable but you will still find this mill in boring vehicles like the transit. Blown the V6 is a match for the V8 as both will hit the platfrom limits of 575 horsepower - but who does that but a hand full.

As a DD, like the 6 itā€™s fine and you did well all things considered. If it were me I would have upgrade to a GT but I have the finances for that and could take a gamble with the Ticking lottery with the present GT if forced to choose. So have fun with the new ride. Those wheels are better than the stock 17ā€ on the six. Man those are those boring wheels but the ride is smoother...

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Is that lightning blue? If so, great choice! Hope you are digging the black wheels and get many trouble free miles out of the four banger. Much easier to mod for power also, if you're so inclined. It will never sound like a six, but the six will never sound like an eight.

The next buyer of your other car may never know it was wrecked because of the dealer taking it back.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Probably so, but I hate to admit this, the 2017 FELT faster. I drove 2 Ecoboost cars the day I bought mine. A 6M and 10A. The V6/6A felt quickest of the 4. But, they say it ain't so. ā˜ŗ

Be glad you got that ecoboost, everything I have read about that motor is positive, easy to mod and also fast as hell in stock form. Run 93 octane in that car and you will get the most power out of it. Sounds like to me the dealer did right by you even though it isnt yellow like you had. That blue is a awesome color...Im sure you know that already or you wouldnt have taken it....
Sponsored