x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Be sure to mention diminished value. The proper repair would be to replace the quarter panel.

Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Sorry to see that. I had my 05 unscratched for 3 years before the dealership dropped a floor stand into the drivers door and quarter panel. If they do repair it make sure they repaint the whole side of the car, especially if clear coated, as you'll see a shade difference between non-painted front fender and repainted door and rear quarter panel. I had the whole side repainted on my Legend Lime 05 and the only off shade I could see was the rear bumper to quarter panel in really bright conditions and only if I was looking for it.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Ford customer service probably won’t help much with this. It’s a civil matter, and the dealers insurance will have to pay. If they refuse/won’t make you whole again, you’ll have to lawyer up and take them to court.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Ford customer service probably won’t help much with this. It’s a civil matter, and the dealers insurance will have to pay. If they refuse/won’t make you whole again, you’ll have to lawyer up and take them to court.
The car owner's insurance is primary and if he signed the repair order the dealer is off the hook.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Already retained legal council just in case. Thanks though
They would never be able to match that paint color, I would only accept a new Mustang. Nothing less.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
They have their own insurance and have already admitted they are at fault.
Tell them want to trade it in and see what they tell you. How much are they going to give you for it in that condition. Even better say how much they will give you after it gets fixed. Both answers should be exactly the same !!! Even trade

Sponsored

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
like your answer. you can find out on the internet what value your Mustang holds. that way you should be able to see what type of diminished value they put on it

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Upgrade upgrade upgrade...

If I ran a poll that is what everyone would say. Just make sure you can afford it and that they don’t make any money on it. Time to move up to GT land on their dime!

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Ultimately this is what is going to happen in this case: They are going to repair it.

I know this car to the OP is basically NEW...., but it is not a new car. It is expected that a car...any car will get damaged at some point. To the OP, this car is his pride-n-joy, and pristine..., but to everyone else (the dealership, the insurance co., the courts) will see this yellow Mustang as nothing more than a CAR.

The damage to this car can be repaired. And repaired to the point that NO ONE would ever be able to tell the car was ever damaged and subsequently repaired. If the dealership can be "persuaded" to allow the OP the chance to trade-up to a GT or to somehow get some $$$ in his pocket, that would be great..., BUT the only thing this dealership is required to do is to make the car cosmetically perfect again. Nothing more.

Lastly, some peeps replying to this thread have posted comments something to the affect of: "...that car will never look the same..." or "....the paint will never match..." I'm sorry but anyone writing this stuff has never worked in a competent, top-tier body shop. The damage to this car is nothing out of the ordinary, and the process for matching the paint to perfection is not rocket science.

I hope the OP gets this worked out to his satisfaction and I know if this were my Mustang, I would NOT be happy. But at the end of the day, this is just a car.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ultimately this is what is going to happen in this case: They are going to repair it.

I know this car to the OP is basically NEW...., but it is not a new car. It is expected that a car...any car will get damaged at some point. To the OP, this car is his pride-n-joy, and pristine..., but to everyone else (the dealership, the insurance co., the courts) will see this yellow Mustang as nothing more than a CAR.

The damage to this car can be repaired. And repaired to the point that NO ONE would ever be able to tell the car was ever damaged and subsequently repaired. If the dealership can be "persuaded" to allow the OP the chance to trade-up to a GT or to somehow get some $$$ in his pocket, that would be great..., BUT the only thing this dealership is required to do is to make the car cosmetically perfect again. Nothing more.

Lastly, some peeps replying to this thread have posted comments something to the affect of: "...that car will never look the same..." or "....the paint will never match..." I'm sorry but anyone writing this stuff has never worked in a competent, top-tier body shop. The damage to this car is nothing out of the ordinary, and the process for matching the paint to perfection is not rocket science.

I hope the OP gets this worked out to his satisfaction and I know if this were my Mustang, I would NOT be happy. But at the end of the day, this is just a car.
Unfortunately you are right. OP, you can maybe sue for damages (diminished value, loss of use other expenses maybe even negligence), but unless the insurance company totals it, it will be repaired. It really does suck though and I feel your pain.
Sponsored