Sponsored

Ford Not Honoring Warranty (Front Splitter)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I completely agree. Apparently this isn't their current policy and it's going to lead to many more unhappy customers.
It’s been an issue from the beginning and obviously unfortunately still is.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If you are asking if a dealer can screw you, the answer is yes. But Ford is not responsible for malfeasance by a dealer. In these types of situations, Ford can NOT possibly be the "bad guy". Now they could go beyond what should be required of them and be a hero, but could never be the bad guy for not paying for damage a dealer caused.
How is this situation so difficult to grasp? Ford is responsible for assembling the car. They delegate final assembly to one of THEIR dealers. They are responsible, NOT THE CUSTOMER, to the ensure their dealers are trained and capable of finishing this installation. One of their dealers f’d up. It is on them AND their dealer network to fix the problem. Who pays for it is also between ford and their dealer network. The customer should not carry this burden.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
How is this situation so difficult to grasp? Ford is responsible for assembling the car. They delegate final assembly to one of THEIR dealers. They are responsible, NOT THE CUSTOMER, to the ensure their dealers are trained and capable of finishing this installation. One of their dealers f’d up. It is on them AND their dealer network to fix the problem. Who pays for it is also between ford and their dealer network. The customer should not carry this burden.
But the dealer isn't THEIR dealer, it's a franchise agreement. Ford doesn't set dealership policies, as all dealerships are either independent franchises or a part of a dealership network of franchises. All Ford does is license the name and set up a franchise agreement that allows the dealer to sell cars on Ford's behalf.

JR

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a feeling Ford will not be including any front splitters in the future models. They probably regret they even added it as an OEM part.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I have a feeling Ford will not be including any front splitters in the future models. They probably regret they even added it as an OEM part.
These are some of my favorite/well thought out posts. Well done.

Maybe they should stop including other things that were a part of the design as well since they break etc. Maybe they will pioneer a new way to buy a car. They'll come like scale models do in a box where the customer has to assemble/paint everything, then they won't be on the hook for anything. :crazy::wink:

Sponsored

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
-He says based on the pictures under my car, the side pieces of my splitter have scratch marks that indicate damage.
-He says there is no way for him to verify improper installation, this is between me and the installing dealer. He calls the splitter an "aftermarket part" and says again I damaged the car due to scraping.
-He says that's not how they see it and my issue is with the installing dealer.
Sorry to hear the situation.
Ford disgusts me with this kind of response. Dodging responsibility and pushing customers around is their attitude.

As a manufacture, you should stand behind whatever factory part installed pre-delivery by your authorized dealership. It is manufacturer's responsibility to ensure the workers at the dealership are well-trained and are capable to provide proper installation. When Ford receives a claim like this, they should charge the dealership at fault for this fix or however they want.

Stating little scrape may cause the splitter to fall or calling it an aftermarket part is completely BS.
"It's only $300, he can afford it. Let's just give him a bunch of BS and call it a day."

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
But the dealer isn't THEIR dealer, it's a franchise agreement. Ford doesn't set dealership policies, as all dealerships are either independent franchises or a part of a dealership network of franchises. All Ford does is license the name and set up a franchise agreement that allows the dealer to sell cars on Ford's behalf.

JR
you don't think the franchise agreement includes anything about dealership policies? the dealers represent the ford brand and their products. they absolutely do have a closer connection than simply handing them a sign to put up out front and wishing them luck with the business

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Ford really built a car that is beyond what the dealers can support, look at the engine they won't dealers work on them, thank god!

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Ford customer service is one of the biggest reasons why i cant commit myself to buy a new car from them. I absolutely DREADED everytime i had to talk to them about warranty work because it was ALWAYS a back and forth shit show. They deny deny deny refuse refuse refuse until they are absolutely at the last resort. I'd rather just wait until the cars are out of warranty, buy them for a discount then work on them myself or take them to specialized Mustang performance shops. So much more piece of mind that way.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ford customer service is one of the biggest reasons why i cant commit myself to buy a new car from them. I absolutely DREADED everytime i had to talk to them about warranty work because it was ALWAYS a back and forth shit show. They deny deny deny refuse refuse refuse until they are absolutely at the last resort. I'd rather just wait until the cars are out of warranty, buy them for a discount then work on them myself or take them to specialized Mustang performance shops. So much more piece of mind that way.
Its a nightmare if you have a bad dealer, regardless of brand. And Ford does seem to have more than their share of bad ones. The things you describe are often a worsening spiral. Dealers who misdiagnose problems don't get paid by Ford when caught which leads to closer scrutiny which leads to more claims being rejected and a tendency to deny customer complaints..

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Its a nightmare if you have a bad dealer, regardless of brand. And Ford does seem to have more than their share of bad ones. The things you describe are often a worsening spiral. Dealers who misdiagnose problems don't get paid by Ford when caught which leads to closer scrutiny which leads to more claims being rejected and a tendency to deny customer complaints..
Not always. I had a great service department/dealer. They were just as frustrated as I was at times because Ford wouldn’t even call them back. Or wrong parts sent/back ordered forever......

Also, if the scenario you present is true, it is still an unbelievably bad way to do business as it is still the customer caught in the middle and all they see is FORD everywhere.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not always. I had a great service department/dealer. They were just as frustrated as I was at times because Ford wouldn’t even call them back. Or wrong parts sent/back ordered forever......
I don't doubt for a second they told you those things. Or that a bad dealer would blame someone else. ;)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I don't doubt for a second they told you those things. Or that a bad dealer would blame someone else. ;)
Go ahead and keep defending Ford for some reason against all other evidence. I 100% believe my dealer based on quite a few different things. One big one being in the numerous phone calls back forth to Ford, I asked them why they wouldn't even call my dealer back with answers. They admitted to it and gave me the same BS answers that they gave me. That supposedly we didn't leave a message or they didn't receive any (even though I was there when my dealer left a couple of them and of course when I left mine). They were to busy etc etc. Plus they are one of the biggest online Ford parts store, which has a great reputation here. Last, when they did make mistakes they would admit them to me when they really didn't have to. I can't imagine how much worse my Ford experience would be or would've been if it wasn't for them.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Service or lack of has driven most of my friends to Toyota or KIA because they like the way the dealer treats them especially for service. Whereas I dread going to Ford because they will do it wrong and screw you on price. However for warranty work I've found them OK but I always knew what was wrong and just had to wait for them to verify.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ford had replaced mine and here is why...

First, my wife picked up the csr because I was deployed.

When she was picked up from the dealer, I told her over facetime to press down on the front splitter. It wasnt installed correctly. She had it noted on the delivery sheet the that front splitter was not attached in the middle. She wanted them to fix it right there. They said not to worry about but would need to bring the car back later. So she drove it home and on the way home it came loose and dragged on the ground. She got out and tied it up the best she could.

She brought it back the next day and they installed that one correctly and then orderdd another and installed it when it came in. I still have the original in my garage.
Sponsored