Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
NEW FEATURE - MARK AS SOLD (SALES THREADS)

In the Members Classifieds and Regionals subforums, you can now mark sales threads as SOLD. You will find this at the bottom of the first post (if you are the creator of the thread).

Once selected, the thread title will reflect the change with a "SOLD" and strikethrough across the title.

m6g-mark-as-sold.png

Sold sales thread.png
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a way to see posting members location?

For instance in the old software, the User ID was to the left of the thread/post body - and it would also show the User’s location, post counts, etc.

It was nice to see that when responding to threads - or even when reviewing classified posts to see if the person was local or not.

Am I missing it in a setting??

I’m in Dark mode using latest Apple iOS on iPad and iPhone.

All I see is the users name in the top bar of their response or original post.

Thanks for any tips...

—-

Also posted in the “site.....forum”, is there any way the mods can move all the Coyote “tick” threads into a single thread - it’s getting out of hand in the TSB/Issues subforum with all the same/similar threads...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Like the stuff that's under your avatar picture ↓↓↓ ?

Vehicle(s): 2018 Fastback Premium EB/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Rating: 100%
It's always been visible on my laptop, in whatever the default "mode" is called.

Norm

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Try turning your iPad horizontal instead of vertical. That might make it wide enough to get a non-mobile optimized view.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Is there a way to see posting members location?

For instance in the old software, the User ID was to the left of the thread/post body - and it would also show the User’s location, post counts, etc.

It was nice to see that when responding to threads - or even when reviewing classified posts to see if the person was local or not.

Am I missing it in a setting??

Thanks for any tips...

—-

Also posted in the “site.....forum”, is there any way the mods can move all the Coyote “tick” threads into a single thread - it’s getting out of hand in the TSB/Issues subforum with all the same/similar threads...
Try turning your iPad horizontal instead of vertical. That might make it wide enough to get a non-mobile optimized view.
The suggestion above works. In portrait view the user info is hidden but it does appear in landscape. You can also click on the username and it will overlay their user info without losing your place in the thread.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
IAlso posted in the “site.....forum”, is there any way the mods can move all the Coyote “tick” threads into a single thread - it’s getting out of hand in the TSB/Issues subforum with all the same/similar threads...
I don't think they can all be merged into one thread - maybe a few could, but not all. Too many different issues going on. You have the BBQ Tick, and the 2018+ "2200 RPM Rattle/Tick" ... and seems the 2018+ can also have the BBQ Tick.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The suggestion above works. In portrait view the user info is hidden but it does appear in landscape. You can also click on the username and it will overlay their user info without losing your place in the thread.
Thanks fellas - yep, was viewing vertical and flipped device and wa-la....

I guess the new software doesn’t retain the same formatting if viewing vertically instead of horizontally.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks fellas - yep, was viewing vertical and flipped device and wa-la....

I guess the new software doesn’t retain the same formatting if viewing vertically instead of horizontally.
Yeah, responsive designs can be a challenge that way. There're always tradeoffs.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You wouldn't want it to . . . unless you like reading text with only half as many words per line and always feeling that 'TL;DR' could apply to just about everything anybody else posts.

Norm

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 SPD PREM MAGNETIC METALLIC
Has anyone noticed that moving through the site lately has gotten slower? I use 2 different devices and they both do the same thing. Is it me just being impatient?
thanks

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Has anyone noticed that moving through the site lately has gotten slower? I use 2 different devices and they both do the same thing. Is it me just being impatient?
thanks
Seems OK to me. Only time it might seem slow is super late in the middle of the night, which could be from the site doing backups or maintenance of some kind.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
NEW FEATURE - MARKETPLACE PRODUCT THUMBNAILS

The Members Classifieds forum now features product thumbnails for each thread for easier browsing/preview of the items listed by members. The thumbnails can be clicked for a larger preview.

If you're the seller, to have a product thumbnail displayed for your thread, simply upload images like normal and the site will automatically use the first image in your thread for the thumbnail.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 2.38.35 PM.jpg

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
HELP! How do I edit my profile? Signature? Did a search, came up empty.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Toward the top right of the page you'll see a band of four icons, in the bar that has 'Home', 'Forums', 'Media', etc,. One of them will be your avatar pic (should be the leftmost one). Click on it and you'll get a popup of the options available to you.

FWIW, I still prefer Vbulletin's 'User CP'.

Norm

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Toward the top right of the page you'll see a band of four icons, in the bar that has 'Home', 'Forums', 'Media', etc,. One of them will be your avatar pic (should be the leftmost one). Click on it and you'll get a popup of the options available to you.

Norm
Thanks Norm!
Sponsored