svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
you might want to get over the auto vs manual thing. More and more autos are being sold. Just saying...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
WHAT????? A manual VS Auto pissing match...…..Again???? Just saying. They make both. Buy what you want!

Sponsored

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
manuals are more fun sometimes. I have owned like 8 of them. This new auto is awesome though.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It does not take a rocket scientist to determine which in all reality is the better more durable transmission. In the end buy what you want. I know manuals give you more direct feel with a clutch pedal. If that makes you happy so be it. But, ....a tuned A10 is on another level of shifting performance that cannot be humanly matched. :).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Total fail thinking that you are "testing" the GT350 without driving it on the road course.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Total fail thinking that you are "testing" the GT350 without driving it on the road course.
Put equal rubber on both, it's a drivers race on a road course. Until the GT overheats.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Or the Voodoo blows up :)
I autocrossed my GT350 at 200 miles. No oil burn. No ticking. No nothing but happy tight well working engine.

Meanwhile in GT land...

...and so on and so forth.

But back on point, just buy what you want to buy. Marginalizing this auto vs manual thing is getting old.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Put equal rubber on both, it's a drivers race on a road course. Until the GT overheats.
Agree, but it's also a driver's race between the GT350 and a ECOboost Mustang at a road course, if you are talking about amateur drivers. The last time I was at the track in my GT350, I was lapping a new Z06 Corvette. In my experience, that is not an unusual disparity in drivers to find at a track day.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I autocrossed my GT350 at 200 miles. No oil burn. No ticking. No nothing but happy tight well working engine.

Meanwhile in GT land...
Well per C6G every 350 will blow up so I think ill get my news from there.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, but it's also a driver's race between the GT350 and a ECOboost Mustang at a road course, if you are talking about amateur drivers. The last time I was at the track in my GT350, I was lapping a new Z06 Corvette. In my experience, that is not an unusual disparity in drivers to find at a track day.
I hear what you are saying, but since I'm a road racer I was thinking at the skill level of the pointy end of regional club racing. At that level in wheel-to-wheel racing the GT/350 driver will pass the Ecoboost on most courses even if lap times aren't too dissimilar.

On a long high speed course like Road America or Daytona, the GT350 driver might be able to exploit the extra HP and aero up top. On most courses, the GT driver should be able to utilize the consistency and acceleration of the 10R80 to make up for power and brake deficits. At least that's my theory :sunglasses: The beauty of real racing is we get to test those theories on-course.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I hear what you are saying, but since I'm a road racer I was thinking at the skill level of the pointy end of regional club racing. At that level in wheel-to-wheel racing the GT/350 driver will pass the Ecoboost on most courses even if lap times aren't too dissimilar.

On a long high speed course like Road America or Daytona, the GT350 driver might be able to exploit the extra HP and aero up top. On most courses, the GT driver should be able to utilize the consistency and acceleration of the 10R80 to make up for power and brake deficits. At least that's my theory :sunglasses: The beauty of real racing is we get to test those theories on-course.
So, back to the point I was trying to make. The idea of a car review IMO can be simply which is faster, but if I were writing a car review my top priority would be letting people know which car I prefer and why. I think the GT350 is amazing on the track, but if you don't take it to the track you will never know how much fun you can have owning and driving a GT350.

I haven't driven the automatic transmission in the newer Mustang. It might be just as fun or more fun on the track. Who knows?

The guys doing the review didn't think of taking the cars to the track, or they wanted to but it wasn't a high enough priority. Maybe they aren't the right guys to do a review of the GT350.
Sponsored