Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
this went up at camaro6 fast. Seems shady with the typo and I really don’t see how they added that much weight over a 350r. Be skeptical guys
Well, it’s not official that’s for sure, internal documents tend to have typos (we are humans FFS) if this happens to be true (it looks like it) it was a human error.... but I’m pretty sure someone is getting fired soon.

I’m skeptical on this as well. Too many things don’t align, and the mistakes in spelling, word choice, etc

And I thought for sure they were clear it would be over 200 mph? Did I imagine that or is there info somewhere that confirms that.
Ford never said anything about it being capable of doing 200+MPH.
Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I am wrong here but I don’t see anything on that document that would tie it back or confirm that it is an official Ford document. In my opinion anyone could have typed that up. Not enough evidence at this point to make me a believer.

OP
OP

Rhyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
I actually got the information from a post on reddit, which has since been deleted already. Neither I nor the original poster have any more information besides this grainy picture.

But if you ask me, my gut tells me that these will probably be the final numbers, or be extremely close to it.

Now back to lurking. :bandit:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Holy shit, weight to power ratio of 5.86..... that’s super heavy!

I guess Farruko was wrong with his predicted 5.76 number, it’s even worse..
That’s a good ratio....that 5.86 pounds per HP...the GT350 with an average weight of 3750 and 526HP has about 7.12 pounds per HP.

I don’t care how much power it makes...that much weight will be felt in turns for sure.

Sponsored

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
This wouldn’t be hard for someone to make in either excel or adobe. Don’t believe it. Until ford officially announces it, everything is a guess.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The partial side blades perhaps, but as was pointed out in a previous thread there is the little vertical portion of the splitter that doesn’t ‘align’ itself very well. Could be an adjustable piece.

Like I said, speculative.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Well, it’s not official that’s for sure, internal documents tend to have typos (we are humans FFS) if this happens to be true (it looks like it) it was a human error.... but I’m pretty sure someone is getting fired soon.

Ford never said anything about it being capable of doing 200+MPH.
Not that Ford announced it but I’m sure there’s documents on here that appear to be much more legit that indicate a top speed of over 200.

And that document has more than one error. Trailor? Cmon. No way that’s an internal Ford document.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Hard to give this any credibility without a known source or something more to show it's actually a Ford document... but if it is true, then the GT350R's will be holding their value for sure.

I have a GT500R allocation locked with a large dealer, so I'm eager to see the #'s. If this is indeed the true numbers, I'm out.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I actually got the information from a post on reddit, which has since been deleted already. Neither I nor the original poster have any more information besides this grainy picture.
Link to Reddit thread? OP mention where he found this?

Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Typos and other issues aside, I'm not buying the weight. A roots supercharger weighs at most 175 lbs. Most are far less. So being really generous here, I am supposed to believe that they managed to add over 225 lbs of other components without so much as a single pound saved anywhere else. Or... they added over 300lbs of other components and offset 75? This is madness!

Not saying it isn't true, but if it is, this will be the biggest failure in mustang history.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Typos and other issues aside, I'm not buying the weight. A roots supercharger weighs at most 175 lbs. Most are far less. So being really generous here, I am supposed to believe that they managed to add over 225 lbs of other components without so much as a single pound saved anywhere else. Or... they added over 300lbs of other components and offset 75? This is madness!

Not saying it isn't true, but if it is, this will be the biggest failure in mustang history.
Supercharger, DCT, additional coolers/lines/brackets, larger diameter rotors, larger calipers, larger diameter wheels. Yup, this is how you get this fat without fiber wheels, CC rotors, RSD, composite body panels, etc. Hence my view that this will be the initial GT500 model for sale and a lighter version to come. Still gonna be a fatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.