Sponsored

2018 Cobra Jet Mustang (50th Anniversary Limited Edition) Unveiled at Woodward!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why does that matter..? The point of drag racing is having the fastest car, at all possible costs....
Why does that matter..? The point of drag racing is having the fastest car, at all possible costs....
Just making an observation. Most people, like you for instance. Have never owned a full on race car. And don't know all of the head aches that go along with it. It's worth looking into before spending 100 large on a Cobrajet. It matters because 100 grand buys a lot of buyers remorse. if you don't go into the purchase knowing all the facts.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Mid 8 seconds is a big variable 8.4 to 8.6. So they still aren't really saying much. They don't say how much it weighs and say it would run over 150 MPH.
At 3000 lbs it would take 950 HP to run 8.36 seconds at 159 MPH
That is also true, but if you don't think the boys over at Chevy and Dodge have an idea of what this car makes your mistaken

coupe3w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang FB, 2021 Mach 1, HP, Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
That is also true, but if you don't think the boys over at Chevy and Dodge have an idea of what this car makes your mistaken
I didn't say the competition didn't have an idea. All the cars in this class run really close numbers. You asked what HP it made to run mid 8 seconds and I told you. I don't know what the race weight of the cars are though. So that 950 HP is just an estimate @ 3000 lbs. But I'm sure it's right around there HP wise.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I didn't say the competition didn't have an idea. All the cars in this class run really close numbers. You asked what HP it made to run mid 8 seconds and I told you. I don't know what the race weight of the cars are though. So that 950 HP is just an estimate @ 3000 lbs. But I'm sure it's right around there HP wise.
I didn't ask for the HP. Another poster was bummed that they released a bunch of details but no power figures. You then said why let the competition know the power levels, to which I responded it can probably be figured out pretty easily by someone smarter than me, and that when you let them know the MPH and ET I didn't see harm in releasing power figures.
Sponsored