W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
By square you mean doesn't line up straight with the sticker on the door frame ?
- I suppose "flush" is a better word for it :blush:

The plastic wont sit on the the metal flush sits at an angle - might need a go with a dremel on the plastic?
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
- I suppose "flush" is a better word for it :blush:

The plastic wont sit on the the metal flush sits at an angle - might need a go with a dremel on the plastic?
they just need a really good push around the edges you'll here quite a loud click/pop once it snaps around the edges of the latch, when i fitted mine a they wouldn't click going outside to inside of frame had to seat the inside edge first then work to outside.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they just need a really good push around the edges you'll here quite a loud click/pop once it snaps around the edges of the latch, when i fitted mine a they wouldn't click going outside to inside of frame had to seat the inside edge first then work to outside.
thanks David - I will give it a go later!

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Did the door covers fit easily? the hinge ones are fine - but the "catch" ones dont sit square - did you have to bash em to make em fit? ta Bob
Yeah, one side was perfect and the other was flush-ish... maybe 0.5-1mm off on one side... I didn't think much of it and actually didn't try to force it flush. I just thought "meh, good enough".

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
thanks David - I will give it a go later!
if you fail just bring em down to frankie and bennies tomorrow afternoon and i'll push them on for you there :) you know just incase it takes a little of youth strength :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
OK, I'm just showing off now, It's been a busy day. I also installed the Lund nGauge ready for a custom tune. This will be the first Lund tuned 2018 in the UK ;)
did you remember wrap a couple of turns of electrical tape around the back/sides of the ngauge to stop it falling out when you accelerate hard :)
i forgot at first and it kept falling out and smashing against my screen :)

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
did you remember wrap a couple of turns of electrical tape around the back/sides of the ngauge to stop it falling out when you accelerate hard :)
i forgot at first and it kept falling out and smashing against my screen :)
Haha, I've added some super thick 3m double sided foam tape on each side, it's wedged in pretty well *fingers crossed*.

I'm more curious about how it holds up in winter when blasted with hot air :-/ Or even air conditioning... won't it get water/condensation ingress?

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed my vacuum leak and data logged for the new tune :)

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if you fail just bring em down to frankie and bennies tomorrow afternoon and i'll push them on for you there :) you know just incase it takes a little of youth strength :)
Cheeky bugger... one day you too will be an old sod like me!!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Haha, I've added some super thick 3m double sided foam tape on each side, it's wedged in pretty well *fingers crossed*.

I'm more curious about how it holds up in winter when blasted with hot air :-/ Or even air conditioning... won't it get water/condensation ingress?
I was worried too especially with the humid heat we had the last couple of months had aircon blowing on it full whack then turned it off got out of car and ping as soon as the door opened it was instantly covered in water droplets especially around its silver lip but it seems to have not effected it at all. Its got to be low voltage as its powered by odb2 port so it seems fine. Heat shouldn't effect it at all in winter as that'll dry it out if anything.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Bought a £12 number plate bracket off eBay and relocated the front plate. Still not sure but it’s staying there for now. Wasnt paying £100+ for a sto-n-show because I’m tighter than a ducks arse. :)
C443672E-8C99-4523-B41B-A3815BA1F5D3.jpeg

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a £12 number plate bracket off eBay and relocated the front plate. Still not sure but it’s staying there for now. Wasnt paying £100+ for a sto-n-show because I’m tighter than a ducks arse. :)
C443672E-8C99-4523-B41B-A3815BA1F5D3.jpeg
-- so basically its bluetak and sticky tape then? :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Sponsored