Vehicle Showcase
How about the Baer Eradispeed rotors?
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Anything further on this? I just got an 18 EB PP and would rather not spend $1500 on the baer two piece rotors or swap most of my braking system for the brembo stuff.
Keep in mind the stock 4 piston brakes are absolutely fine for street and autocross. It's really only HPDE where they will show their limitations.

Also, if you decided to upgrade to the GT PP Brembos, you can usually get new "take offs" for $650-700 that include the calipers, rotors, and pads (I bought mine from Shelby American). They are a simple bolt on. Food for thought.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Shoulda spent my $700 on PP take offs!

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless the Baer site has an incorrect photo, the EradiSpeed rotors vent from the inboard side.

IMG_1287.jpg
These things sell for $1000??? To each his own, but I think it's a no-brainer to upgrade to the 6 piston Brembos...for less money. Unless you're competing in some sort of class that requires stock sized components.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
These things sell for $1000??? To each his own, but I think it's a no-brainer to upgrade to the 6 piston Brembos...for less money. Unless you're competing in some sort of class that requires stock sized components.
I'm not claiming an economic benefit. I'm the kind of guy who tosses the rotors from a brand new M3 to save 20 lbs of unsprung weight. These EradiSpeed rotors are lighter than stock and can survive reasonable track use with proper pads. They are a viable option for people who don't want to add the significant amounts of unsprung weight that come with the GTPP rotors. Your car won't stop any quicker with GTPP brakes, either.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the Baer site has an incorrect photo, the EradiSpeed rotors vent from the inboard side.

IMG_1287.jpg
They do have the incorrect photo. I have seen the actual ones for the non-PP GT brake package.

EDIT: these are the sport rotors not the Eradispeed.

39153055_10160799760520578_3000108778801594368_n.jpg

Last edited:

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not claiming an economic benefit. I'm the kind of guy who tosses the rotors from a brand new M3 to save 20 lbs of unsprung weight. These EradiSpeed rotors are lighter than stock and can survive reasonable track use with proper pads. They are a viable option for people who don't want to add the significant amounts of unsprung weight that come with the GTPP rotors. Your car won't stop any quicker with GTPP brakes, either.
I get the unsprung weight argument, especially for competition car. I, on the other hand, am the guy who tossed aluminum S calipers on a 911 to get better pedal feel with iron A calipers. Again, to each his own.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You have two choices. Run a proper track pad and SRF brake fluid on your existing system or upgrade to the Brembo Kit with a proper track pad. Depending on your goals the brakes you have will work if you understand the limitations.

The reasoning behind the inverted hat is due to caliper bridge to wheel hub clearance. Creating a standard hat rotor in this application is extremely difficult and compromises the integrity of the rotor hat connection. For the cost of a proper set of rear mounted rotor rings and hats (which is also a compromise) you may as well just change the brake system to the Brembo set-up. This is not an uncommon design in modern vehicles, many manufacturers use the inverted hat designs due to packaging restraints. The rear of Mustangs also use this design.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The reasoning behind the inverted hat is due to caliper bridge to wheel hub clearance. Creating a standard hat rotor in this application is extremely difficult and compromises the integrity of the rotor hat connection. For the cost of a proper set of rear mounted rotor rings and hats (which is also a compromise) you may as well just change the brake system to the Brembo set-up. This is not an uncommon design in modern vehicles, many manufacturers use the inverted hat designs due to packaging restraints. The rear of Mustangs also use this design.
That's the first actual reasoning I've heard for this.

But with the 14" Brembo approach proven in the S197 all the way up to the 5.4L GT500 level and still fitting inside factory-available 18" wheels (the necessary spoke contours have been thoroughly debugged at this point) it just seems like a pointless change.

Norm

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But with the 14" Brembo approach proven in the S197 all the way up to the 5.4L GT500 level and still fitting inside factory-available 18" wheels (the necessary spoke contours have been thoroughly debugged at this point) it just seems like a pointless change.

Norm
To be fair, the current stock 4 piston calipers are not quite on par with the 14" Brembo setup you're referring to.
Wow! These sold for only $530. Hard to beat that.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Norm
Norm,

The OE S550 14" Calipers are huge. The 6 Piston Brembo is above the 4 Piston 14" Caliper in this picture. They are very bulky and take up a lot of space. We looked at milling the bridge down for hat fastener clearance while not removing too much caliper rigidity but determined it's not worth the time to bother with them. By the time you supply new Calipers, mill clearance in them, then run pay for the tooling costs for special hats you already have more invested than if you just paid list price for all the 6 piston parts from the Ford Counter. We do not see the point. Customers still buy a ton of track pads for this brake system, when they reach the limit of them they upgrade them. We don't understand the complaints about the base brakes, don't bring a car to a road course with stock brake pads, of course they have no chance. They come with a non performance compound. The 6 Pistons come with a semi decent DS2500 compound which will handle moderate track use.

Again I know its not popular but the FTB brake cooling kit will still move air across the rotor which will help with heat transfer. I realize it is not the standard method of cooling but moving air across any surface that is a lower temperature will lower the surface temperature. Its how a radiator works. The front side with the cooling fins will be still moving air through the center body. The calipers also having additional air movement benefit from this brake cooling. Brembo for several years has been ducting cooling to the calipers as well as the rotor. Cool air across any and all thermal mass loads lowers all loads in the vicinity.

Finally: Doing race car things with street car equipment is always a compromise. Operate at your own discretion :)
31531284_10211821689518324_7805834989758282115_n.jpg