Creaky clutch pedal

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
So go this issue for a few months where my clutch pedal starts to creak when it is being depressed. It seems like if I push the pedal to the left (towards the drive side of the vehicle), it causes the sound. If I push the pedal to the right (towards the passenger side) it goes away. Tried to figure out where it is coming from, but I had no luck. Anyone else have something similar occur and know where this sound is originating from?

[ame]
Sponsored

blakbearddelite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB
I have the same issue, really annoying. There was another thread on here that talked about greasing up some white plastic piece. It quieted it down, but the noise came back.

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I have the same issue, really annoying. There was another thread on here that talked about greasing up some white plastic piece. It quieted it down, but the noise came back.
White plastic piece? The cylindrical piece? I do not see it :shrug:

blakbearddelite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB
I'll see if I can find the thread. It should pop up in a search of 'squeaky clutch pedal' or something similar.

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
Did OP end up figuring out where the noise was coming from and what was needed to remedy the creaking?

I also have the same creak and it's really annoying me, especially since I'm in stop-n-go traffic every morning and evening.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Did OP end up figuring out where the noise was coming from and what was needed to remedy the creaking?

I also have the same creak and it's really annoying me, especially since I'm in stop-n-go traffic every morning and evening.
Yup, I actually did. It most likely was cause by the pedal cracking and slowly failing. Look at my thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clutch-brake-pedal-assembly-removal.104338/

I think that creaking was one side of the pedal mounting area cracking. Almost a year later both sides cracked my pedal kinda "dangled". I removed the entire assembly and had it welded up.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
With my cars clutch pedal i used lithium grease in spray and pointed the spray towards the clutch spring now it stopped making the creaking noise hope it doesnt break as yours.

Last edited:

Joshad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 03 gt

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
On my now gone 05, after years of a squeaking clutch pedal and changing out the clutch master cylinder to no avail, I finally found the problem. Loosening off the bolts that hold the clutch assy to the firewall I pulled the assy about an inch away. Using a mirror I could see where the bottom right corner of the plastic pedal support had rubbed through the paint on the firewall. I placed two of my fingers between the pedal support and firewall and pressed the clutch pedal down. No Squeak. I then used Ford's Brake Silicone and Dielectric Grease to lube the firewall area where the rub marks were and the noise is now gone.

Hope this may help others with this issue.