Sponsored

BE AWARE OF ANARCHY MOTIVE

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share my experience with Anarchy Motive and hope you consider this could happen to you.

I hope you guys can spread this to everyone who wants to order shift knob.

I've place the order with Anarchy Motive 1 year ago for my customized shift knob as it was b-day gift from my gf.

As eveyone was complimenting his work, I bite the bullet and was waiting for it.

I knew that this will take way more than 4 to 5 weeks from other threads and the difficulty of work.

For first few months, it was okay and he was responsible. I've asked him for update time to time and he responded.

Last February, I was getting out of patient as my gf kept asking for the knob and I was getting 0 updates, but, his excuses.

He suggested me that he would send one and will keep working on mine and exchange when completed. I declined and told him that i would wait.

On March, he sent me email saying that he cannot do what i requested and he could do something else. as I requested to be around the whole shift knob, after 7 months past, he asked to have engraving on top only. I accepted and we agreed on different drawing.

On March 27th, He finally sent me the AWB#LZ176306725US for shipping. but, the AWB only states that Label was created.

This still shows 'Label created' until today. He said that he opened investigation on this, however, when i contacted USPS, there was no open case, and they have no information available. but, he said he is still working on it with USPS.

On May, he said he is working on replacement unit as there was no update from USPS.

On July 16th, I requested for refund, but, he declined. reason why it was because he spent way too much time on it and willing to complete it.

so i gave him another 3 weeks.

this has been 1 full year since I ordered mine. I told him I will request refund from Paypal.

He refunded saying it is not worth it anymore.

I don't know why the amount is different, but, whatever.

I spent 1 year for nothing and lost $15.

My gf and all my friends were bashing me to give him plenty of time.

I do understand Derrick is running small business and not everything can be done properly.

As i really wanted to have his masterpiece, I had to wait for him.

but, apparently it was just waste of my time and effort to chase something that is not mine.

I don't know how his artwork is great because I was not able to get mine even after 1 year.

I do know there are hundreds of you guys willing to change the shift knob and Anarchy is one of your consideration.

I just wanted to share my story with you guys before you place the order.

and again, I hope my story will be spread out wide so that there won't be other guy 'like me'.

Thank you for reading.
Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
That really sucks.
I have a shift knob from Anarchy Motive and am pleased with the final product. I waited just about 5 months from the time I ordered until I received it. Before I ordered though, I already knew from a couple of forums that it was going to be a minimum of 3 months because he is busy and it’s just a side job for him, not his full-time day job. So waiting wasn’t a big deal especially since I ordered in the fall and my car is stored for 7 months of the year.
But that does sound like bad business and he probably should communicate better as to the wait times for people who don’t know how long it takes.
There are still a lot of other cool knobs out there. Hopefully you have a better experience elsewhere.

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That really sucks.
I have a shift knob from Anarchy Motive and am pleased with the final product. I waited just about 5 months from the time I ordered until I received it. Before I ordered though, I already knew from a couple of forums that it was going to be a minimum of 3 months because he is busy and it’s just a side job for him, not his full-time day job. So waiting wasn’t a big deal especially since I ordered in the fall and my car is stored for 7 months of the year.
But that does sound like bad business and he probably should communicate better as to the wait times for people who don’t know how long it takes.
There are still a lot of other cool knobs out there. Hopefully you have a better experience elsewhere.
Thank you.

Glad you have your knob. I doubt full year is not enough although he mentioned mine was the toughest one.

I will try other places with different engraving or just stick with w/e available in the market. I'm pretty much done with knob at this moment.

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 3 very custom knobs. Got them all as promised within 90 days.
You are very lucky. Maybe yours were priority and not mine.

in case someone question whether it is true story or not, I captured all.
Screenshot_20180807-150636_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180807-151215_Instagram.jpg
our conversation and saved.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Sponsored

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, shit company with BS responses and shit customer service. I've got a cahinof personal messages with empty promises. Their knob now sits in a bag on my toolbox. I removed it due to the crap ethics of the company/owner. Might even see how well it floats.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
FWIW, I bought a shift knob from Derrick and it's absolutely beautiful, a true hand-crafted work of art. I just wanted a clean, simple knob with only the shift pattern on it, but he matched the color to the Competition Orange of my car.

It did take about 6 months from order to receipt in my case, but I expected a long wait based on comments on this forum. It's not an excuse or defense, but I get the impression that Derrick makes these knobs on a very part-time basis, and has some other full-time job. The "company" is a company of just one person, Derrick. For the quality of the knob, the materials (solid steel), and the time it probably takes to make one, I doubt he's getting rich off of it. I can't imagine he's making more than a few bucks per shift knob, which may be one reason he's so slow in cranking them out.

Again FWIW, if I were in Derrick's shoes, I would give more forthright guidance as to how long it really will take for him to get around to making a knob. I would also think about whether it's worth doing at all, and consider the cost and price structure.

If you're lucky enough to have one of his knobs, I think it's the best out there. A more common plastic knob just doesn't have the same feel or finish as one of these 2 lb steel creations.
shifter1.jpg
IMG_6607.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, shit company with BS responses and shit customer service. I've got a cahinof personal messages with empty promises. Their knob now sits in a bag on my toolbox. I removed it due to the crap ethics of the company/owner. Might even see how well it floats.

You will be laughing if i tell you what he did to me today.
Sponsored