Sponsored

Trying to add BLIS and Adaptive CC - BLIS is installed and ACC done

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
I actually have successfully installed both ACC and BLIS with CTA. If you guys have any questions I still have all my notes and would be happy to help! I've also added auto wipers and the OEM shaker sub if anyone is interested in those features as well.

I am not aware of anybody who has successfully done this. The F150 guys did it and you find all information here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/adaptive-cruise-control-added-373799/

The parts are a little different. The basic steps are:
1)
ACC module + ACC backet + bolts + nuts
2)
ACC module wiring
3)
New Cruise Control switch
4)
Maybe new ABS module
5)
Head-up display (and maybe defroster grill) and wiring
6)
Maybe a new lower bumper grill
7)
Programming

Basically that's it. I am waiting for the parts to arrive at my place and then I can start putting it all together. Since I am also adding PDC front+back and BLIS at the same time this could take a little while.
Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I actually have successfully installed both ACC and BLIS with CTA. If you guys have any questions I still have all my notes and would be happy to help! I've also added auto wipers and the OEM shaker sub if anyone is interested in those features as well.
I'll check the other thread for your ACC notes. I haven't seen anyone adding auto wipers before, how difficult is it?

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was the easiest and cheapest mod I've done, and easily one of the most rewarding. Since you have to replace the auto dimming mirror harness some of the wiring is done for you. The most difficult part was getting a new windshield.

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Thank you very much @hro0250. I adjusted the configuration as suggested by you and now ACC is working.

The only thing which is not, is the HUD. The self test says everything is ok. I am not sure, if I have to change another configuration value or if my HUD is broken. I got a used one and it was not that expensive (around $40).

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I could help. As for the HUD, it could be power, I don't remember where the mustang HUD gets power from the factory but I followed the f150's HUD diagram and tapped power at the inside ambient air temp sensor near the drivers airbag on the right side of the steering column

Sponsored

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
So with the help of @hro0250 I finished the ACC installation. ACC is working great and collision warning is working too.

On a very high level these are the steps:

1)
ACC module + ACC backet + ACC-pig-tail + nuts&bolts
FR3Z-9E731-C
FR3Z-14C022-A
WPT-1434
2x W705134-S442
2x W520822-S439
1x W714729-S440
Mounting the bracket required to adjust the air deflector a little.
IMAG2017_small.jpg

Also the sensor must be mounted in the correct position which is vertical. Be sure you do this when your car is on a level surface.
IMAG2034_small.jpg

2)
ACC module wiring
A ground connector is pretty close to the ACC sensor. The power connection was added to the correct fuse in the fuse panel box. And the 2 data lines where spliced in directly to the correct lines just above the sensor.
IMAG2025_small.jpg

3)
FR3Z-9C888-DA
To change the switch you need to remove the steering wheel air bag. So you better know what you are doing.
IMAG2094_small.jpg

4)
Head-up display (and maybe defroster grill), pig-tail and wiring
FR3Z-19G468-A
HR3Z-63044E82-AA
WPT-983
I did not buy a new defroster grill but did cut a hole into the one I had and glued the HUD sensor to that grill. The connector for the HUD was already there, but the power was not connected. I added the missing link in the BCM area (passenger footwell area). Maybe you need to add the pig-tail and wiring completely.
IMAG2003_small.jpg

5)
Lower Bumper Grill - Base Version
Since I got a base car there was no change required for me. Installing a base grill is no big issue apart from the looks.

6)
Programming
Programming can be done using FORScan with the extended license.

ABS
760-02-01 xxxx xxxx A0
760-02-02 xxxx 11

SCCM
724-03-01 30xx xxxx xx New steering wheel switch

BCM
726-13-01 xxxC 4xxx xxxx Adaptive Cruise Control + Collision mitigation by braking

IPC
720-01-01: xFxx-xxxx-xxxx Cruise Options in Advanced Settings
720-01-02: xxxx-5xxx Front Collision Warning

CCM (ACC module)
764-01-01 0413 0101
764-02-01..04: VIN (can be copied from ABS module)

7)
ACC Sensor Calibration
The sensor calibration can be started using FORScan. The calibration only works if you do not have any related DTCs.

Hope this helps a bit. And I will gladly answer any questions (here or via PM).

Last edited:

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would just note that for me the wiring pigtail for the HUD was not under the defroster grille, which I decided to replace.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So with the help of @hro0250 I finished the ACC installation. ACC is working great and collision warning is working too.

On a very high level these are the steps:

1)
ACC module + ACC backet + ACC-pig-tail + nuts&bolts
FR3Z-9E731-C
FR3Z-14C022-A
WPT-1434
2x W705134-S442
2x W520822-S439
1x W714729-S440
Mounting the bracket required to adjust the air deflector a little. Also the sensor must be mounted in the correct position which is vertical. Be sure you do this when your car is on a level surface.

2)
ACC module wiring
A ground connector is pretty close to the ACC sensor. The power connection was added to the correct fuse in the fuse panel box. And the 2 data lines where spliced in directly to the correct lines just above the sensor.

3)
FR3Z-9C888-DA
To change the switch you need to remove the steering wheel air bag. So you better know what you are doing.

4)
Head-up display (and maybe defroster grill), pig-tail and wiring
FR3Z-19G468-A
HR3Z-63044E82-AA
WPT-983
I did not buy a new defroster grill but did cut a hole into the one I had and glued the HUD sensor to that grill. The connector for the HUD was already there, but the power was not connected. I added the missing link in the BCM area (passenger footwell area). Maybe you need to add the pig-tail and wiring completely.

5)
Lower Bumper Grill - Base Version
Since I got a base car there was no change required for me. Installing a base grill is no big issue apart from the looks.

6)
Programming
Programming can be done using FORScan with the extended license.

ABS
760-02-01 xxxx xxxx A0
760-02-02 xxxx 11

SCCM
724-03-01 30xx xxxx xx New steering wheel switch

BCM
726-13-01 xxxC 4xxx xxxx Adaptive Cruise Control + Collision mitigation by braking

IPC
720-01-01: xFxx-xxxx-xxxx Cruise Options in Advanced Settings
720-01-02: xxxx-5xxx Front Collision Warning

CCM (ACC module)
764-01-01 0413 0101
764-02-01..04: VIN (can be copied from ABS module)

7)
ACC Sensor Calibration
The sensor calibration can be started using FORScan. The calibration only works if you do not have any related DTCs.

Hope this helps a bit. And I will gladly answer any questions (here or via PM).
Can you post up pics of the modified areas and/or wiring you spliced into?

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post up pics of the modified areas and/or wiring you spliced into?
It's hard to get pics since its either behind the bumper or behind the dash but I wired the HS2 CAN and power for the ACC radar up front from connector C1046 (see attached) which goes to the PSCM located on the passengers side by the headlight, attached to the side of the battery junction box. Pin 22 (GN-OG) is HS2 positive, pin 23 (GY-BU) is HS2 negative, power is pin 24 (GN-VT).
HS2 CAN.png
PSCM.png

Sponsored

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I attached pics of where I got power from the PSCM under the hood and where I got it for the HUD via the in car temp sensor
ZaoduSbPR8qjKafECeFK+w.jpg
n5UNi1B8RW+5fGn95O%j1A.jpg
fullsizeoutput_86c.jpeg

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Where did you guys get your ACC radar/bracket? I'm having trouble sourcing one...

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh you all bought new parts. I just want used parts which are harder to find since not many mustangs were equipped with them and then half of them have front end damage anyways.

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Oh you all bought new parts. I just want used parts which are harder to find since not many mustangs were equipped with them and then half of them have front end damage anyways.
I couldn't find a used one for over 2 month, so I decided to get a new one. The price is a bit ridiculous.
Sponsored