Sponsored

Starting 18 gt in track mode (active exhaust)?

fljax904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
New 18 owner here, picked up my orange fury PP A10 a few days ago, loving the car so far however one thing id like to figure out is if i can start the car with active exhaust in track mode already or is this something you have to manually do every time you start the car? Thanks in advance.
20180721_090818.jpg
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Nope. The only override is quiet mode. I recommend turning on My Mode, and setting track exhaust in My Mode. That way, at least it's only a toggle up on the mode switch.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
The only way you can do that is if you have the 401a with digital dash. Then you can set your defaults with “my mode”. Really sucks you can’t do that with the 400a standard dash. But that’s something my sales guy didn’t tell me about.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
The only way you can do that is if you have the 401a with digital dash. Then you can set your defaults with “my mode”. Really sucks you can’t do that with the 400a standard dash. But that’s something my sales guy didn’t tell me about.
No, even with the 401a you cannot start in track mode.
On my 19, I have noticed that, while the car won’t start via the push button in anything other than quiet/normal, if the exhaust setting prior to turning off the car was sport/track, when using the remote start it does seem to be louder until I actually press the push button in the cabin. Could be in my head, though. :p

Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You cant turn the car on to AC only and select a mode, then start the car and it should be to whatever you set it. It still has to be done every time though. I think some people have forced the valves always open..... but then what the point of having active exhaust?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Does not matter what package you have (400A 401A etc), the car will always start in Normal exhaust mode or Quiet mode if you are using the feature to establish the time for Quiet mode.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Yeah I mean you can power on without starting the engine (push START button without pressing brake) and then you can change to Track mode before you start it. I've done this a couple times and it sounds epic, but unfortunately there is no way to default the exhaust to Sport or Track upon startup.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cant turn the car on to AC only and select a mode, then start the car and it should be to whatever you set it.
Just tried this before heading to the gym, can confirm it does not work. Went into accessory mode by pressing the start button without my foot on the brake, went into the exhaust setting, switched to track mode, then put my foot on the break to turn the car on, sounded like normal mode, checked the settings and it did indeed go back into normal upon starting the engine.

OP
OP

fljax904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
Thanks for the replies guys, car is a 401a car however as said before it does not seem to matter, default mode is normal. Looking at another thread it seems active exhaust modes are also tied to driving modes, one owner had wires shorted out and melted from his aftermarket x pipe and with active exhaust disabled it actually disabled track, drag and sport modes as well for driving settings. Makes sense that ford does not want anyone starting in track mode or drag mode right off the bat.

One other thing though i tried setting a "my mode" and next time i got in the car and pressed the pony button then my mode it did not right away enter track mode for the exhaust, i am still manually entering it, unless i am doing this wrong?

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The only exception to this is if the car is only shut off for a short period of time. If you have exhaust in say Sport mode, it will restart in Sport mode. I haven't determined exactly how long it will do this, but it may have something to do with retained power.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only exception to this is if the car is only shut off for a short period of time. If you have exhaust in say Sport mode, it will restart in Sport mode. I haven't determined exactly how long it will do this, but it may have something to do with retained power.
The time is 20 seconds. It’ll also allow you to restart the engine without the key fob in this timeframe - it’s mentioned in the owner’s manual.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Just tried this before heading to the gym, can confirm it does not work. Went into accessory mode by pressing the start button without my foot on the brake, went into the exhaust setting, switched to track mode, then put my foot on the break to turn the car on, sounded like normal mode, checked the settings and it did indeed go back into normal upon starting the engine.
That's weird because I did this with my car and it was the meanest, loudest startup I've ever heard on a stock vehicle. Maybe this is a difference between the 2018s and 2019s?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's weird because I did this with my car and it was the meanest, loudest startup I've ever heard on a stock vehicle. Maybe this is a difference between the 2018s and 2019s?
Did you check your exhaust setting after? It remained in track mode?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Did you check your exhaust setting after? It remained in track mode?
The car actually did revert back to normal mode but only after driving away. On startup it was definitely louder. Also, in track mode you can feel the exhaust vibrations more from inside and this is what I felt when I started in track mode. I'm going to try it again next cold start.
Sponsored