Shelby GT350/350R Shifter Buzz Rattle Repair Solution PLEASE READ

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good points. I agree that the crunchy/grind shifts are more pronounced when cold and does subside considerably when warm/hot.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Like 90% of those on this forum I've owned most of the modern Mustangs: '06 GT, '09 GT500, '13 Boss, '16 GT350. IMO the 350 is the only one that hasn't "needed" an aftermarket shifter. I drove a friend's 350 with MGW. The modest reduction in throw was essentially equal to the increase in effort; simple leverage. As far as I'm concerned six of one, half a dozen of the other. My stock shifter is starting to buzz. The dealer already replaced the shifter once so I'll probably do this free mod. I'll also add that the shifter in my son's '17 GT is as good as my Shelby's considering it is connected to an MT82.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That’s a good explanation about the throw vs effort. I also agree that it’s not “required” but I’d say..if you’re itching to turn some wrenches, this is a solid mod that can be done at home and you can feel the difference.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That’s a good explanation about the throw vs effort. I also agree that it’s not “required” but I’d say..if you’re itching to turn some wrenches, this is a solid mod that can be done at home and you can feel the difference.
I suppose some guys can do this at home though it requires lowering the transmission. That isn't something I want to do lying on my back.
Sponsored