Sponsored

Rev match like the new Bullit?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The right pedals make it possible. SRP with the wide option.
I have their pedals as well and IMO they are great.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That's offensive to us heel/toers. Real heeltoers can twist that ankle, threshold brake and blip the throttle all at once. Stuff's too damn easy these days.
I don't get twisting the ankle, it's not necessary. You brake with the ball of your foot, and blip the throttle with the right side of your foot. It's really easy.

"Heel and toe" is something that youtubiots have taken literally, when it never meant to actually use your heel and toe, cranking your ankle/foot around.

You do this;
maxresdefault.jpg

NOT this;
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV2EDK4EgP52vgFKpL2rn6vlWgW_CTVWyfLZ2CM-tx1yIx_vrUGQ.jpg

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I couldn't help but notice that the new Bullit has rev matching. Is there any way at all that a manual S550 non-Bullit can have that programmed into it? Specifically the 2015-2017 model.

If so, I'd be all over it.

It's been discussed here a lot over the past months, but it's more than simple programming. There has to be additional sensors within the transmission housing so that the engine knows the selected gear and can hold RPM accordingly.

FYI - not just a Bullitt feature - it'll be standard on all 2019 6MTs.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't get twisting the ankle, it's not necessary. You brake with the ball of your foot, and blip the throttle with the right side of your foot. It's really easy.

"Heel and toe" is something that youtubiots have taken literally, when it never meant to actually use your heel and toe, cranking your ankle/foot around.

You do this;
maxresdefault.jpg

NOT this;
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV2EDK4EgP52vgFKpL2rn6vlWgW_CTVWyfLZ2CM-tx1yIx_vrUGQ.jpg
The instructors at Ford Racing School encouraged the second method. I find it easier to do it the way you say, though.

Just telling you it's not so cut and dried. :cheers:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The instructors at Ford Racing School encouraged the second method. I find it easier to do it the way you say, though.

Just telling you it's not so cut and dried. :cheers:
I find it odd that people would actually twist their foot & ankle in such a contorted manner. Looks painful.

I am very surprised FRS teaches it that way.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I find it odd that people would actually twist their foot & ankle in such a contorted manner. Looks painful.

I am very surprised FRS teaches it that way.
Have you driven on track a lot?

I find when I'm deep in the brake pedal, my foot position is below where the gas is. So I need to lift my heel and pivot at the ball of my foot to heel/toe.

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
Just speculation here:

As someone who works in software development, if auto rev matching is all controlled from a computer, it could be a transferable to other devices assuming the computer is of the same specs as the 15-18's as it is on the 19's. If its a whole new unit them probably not. Additionally if auto rev matching takes a different type of throttle body or any other hardware that isnt present in the early mustangs then I highly doubt it would be transferable to a earlier gen mustang. Until tuners get their hands on the 19's I don't think there's a way to tell at this point.

OP
OP
scrubber3

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
This thread isn't about how anyone does heel toe. .I personally don't care.. It's about auto rev match and how it can be integrated into the existing platform. I can heel toe all day long. Been doing it since 1991. Thanks for the heel toe input. I mean it. Really.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Just speculation here:

As someone who works in software development, if auto rev matching is all controlled from a computer, it could be a transferable to other devices assuming the computer is of the same specs as the 15-18's as it is on the 19's. If its a whole new unit them probably not. Additionally if auto rev matching takes a different type of throttle body or any other hardware that isnt present in the early mustangs then I highly doubt it would be transferable to a earlier gen mustang. Until tuners get their hands on the 19's I don't think there's a way to tell at this point.
This has been discussed a lot before. The consensus was that pre-19 there is no direct read output that provides current gear selection, and to do auto rev-match you need to have a sensor(s) either somewhere in the shifter or transmission. I think the ECU has all the other information it needs except what gear you are in. First person with a 19 MT6 please tear it apart and see what is different.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
like Nexus said, the 6m cars have had it since 15...
Sure if by rev match you mean downshift and dump the clutch and the revs will climb "automatically" :)

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Couldn't the gear be inferred from engine speed and road speed? Anyway, seems like rev matching could be computed from engine speed, road speed, clutch position, brake pedal position, and maybe wheel slip. Does anyone know for sure if the Camaro uses a gear position sensor for this feature?
Sponsored