Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
See edit ^^^
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
IMO yes. The car would understeer. If you're not tracking it, then it'd be fine and would ride quite nice, though.

Edit: wait, you have a GT350? If so, you need the left and right rear springs, not just two of the lefts. Right side is FR3Z-5560-W (or FR3Z-5560-P). SP088 would not work, but talk with Kelly [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] about his Magneride springs. Even if you don't have Magneride they'd be excellent. Give him a call.
Sorry, this would be for a 2018 GT. I have to update my sig.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Gotcha. In that case the SP088 would work very well.
Awesome thanks.. I read you’ve also owned the steeda fixed, are those better for the street as far as absorbing bumps on the road meaning more cushy than the FP tracks or would you say the other way around?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks.. I read you’ve also owned the steeda fixed, are those better for the street as far as absorbing bumps on the road meaning more cushy than the FP tracks or would you say the other way around?
In my experience, the FP are more comfortable, but that's with my SP085 springs. The SP088 would do fine with the Steeda fixed. Just know that you won't really be able to go much higher on spring rate with those shocks; not enough rebound damping.

Sponsored

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
I was looking at ordering the Ford performance kit M-5700-N, but after reading all 35 pages I have come to the conclusion that it would be pointless because the springs would not fit. Guess I will be calling the dealer for gt350 springs.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I was looking at ordering the Ford performance kit M-5700-N, but after reading all 35 pages I have come to the conclusion that it would be pointless because the springs would not fit. Guess I will be calling the dealer for gt350 springs.
You can probably get them from Tasca Parts cheaper.

keeph8n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
@BmacIL hate to bug you, but want to order this stuff next week.

Car is a 18 GT PP1. Daily with light to medium track duty(HPDE and some club days).

350R Front Springs FR3Z-5310-M x2
350R Rear Springs FREZ-5560-X x2

Debating between GT350 Front Struts or Track Pack Struts up front and either TP Shocks, PP Shocks, or Vikings out back.

Thoughts?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

Car is a 18 GT PP1. Daily with light to medium track duty(HPDE and some club days).

Debating between GT350 Front Struts or Track Pack Struts up front and either TP Shocks, PP Shocks, or Vikings out back.

Thoughts?
I run Koni Adjustables and they work great with the 350R springs. The Ford Performance Track Shocks are supposed to work great too.. I don't think the PP shocks would not be a good match for the 350R spring rates.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Thoughts?
For that wide of a range of uses, quality adjustables have a lot going for them. It's nice to be able to firm the dampers up for the track time and dial them back for the drive home (and all that street time before the next track outing). At some point, I'm sure that there'd be value in dialing them back some for a wet track day.

Norm

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Thoughts?
If you decide on picking up rear TP shocks I’ll consider selling mine. Less than 1000 miles on them.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
For that wide of a range of uses, quality adjustables have a lot going for them. It's nice to be able to firm the dampers up for the track time and dial them back for the drive home (and all that street time before the next track outing). At some point, I'm sure that there'd be value in dialing them back some for a wet track day.

Norm
I'm curious about something. I have always been told that if it works on the street, it works for the track. Granted, most folks go soft on the street for road imperfections; however, wouldn't a stiff track setting unsettle the car if it encountered an imperfection on the track? Just curious because I'd like to know if I should be adjusting for the track in the future or leave it be.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thoughts?
No problem man! I like to help :)

I would do Ford Performance Track Handling dampers all around. Koni yellows would be my second choice. They are sharper handling than the FP Track dampers by a little bit, but also noticeably more harsh/crashy. That's not to say that the Konis are a particularly harsh damper with these springs, but that the FP dampers ride excellent with these spring rates. For a weekend & track car: Koni. For a daily that sees occasional track: FP dampers.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm curious about something. I have always been told that if it works on the street, it works for the track. Granted, most folks go soft on the street for road imperfections; however, wouldn't a stiff track setting unsettle the car if it encountered an imperfection on the track? Just curious because I'd like to know if I should be adjusting for the track in the future or leave it be.
Can't say as I agree with what you've been told, as the ride/handling mix for the track differs too greatly from that for the street. Crudely, best damper performance wants about two or three times as much damping as best ride performance does.

The low regions on both of those curves are the regions corresponding to "best". I suspect that most OE damper settings fall somewhere in between the points for best ride and best performance.
full.jpg

Track pavement tends to be in much better condition than that of those "normal" streets that you'd dial the damping back for, and anybody who insists on rolling across the worst of every apex and exit curbing is just begging for all sorts of trouble, with poor ride quality for the driver being the least bad of the bunch. Plus, on the street it's likely that whatever amount of damping that you'd be able to live with (or possibly even prefer) will be way too firm for other passengers (wives / GF's in particular). Sure, there are some tracks that are bumpier than others, and you'd most likely dial back the damping for them from your "smooth track" settings.

Norm
Sponsored