Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Nothing wrong with it, and that's probably the best "notch" I've seen so far.

I just don't like the notched look in general -- I like the engine cover as it is, so I'd rather mess with the hose than notch the cover.
Honestly, the only thing that makes it look off is it's lack of symmetry. Adding a notch to the other side would likely make it look more natural.
Sponsored

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Yep, I have it. The dealership was able to install it without having to cut the cover.
I thought the oil separator issue was a result of clearance with the new throttle body? Let me know if that’s not the case as I was getting ready to sell my FRPP oil separator when I install the PP 2.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I thought the oil separator issue was a result of clearance with the new throttle body? Let me know if that’s not the case as I was getting ready to sell my FRPP oil separator when I install the PP 2.
My passenger side FRPP oil separator fits with the PP2. Snug but it fits.

Sponsored

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Good to know I’ll be able to keep it when I do the PP2 install. Thanks [MENTION=24980]Rambl3r[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18744]fewt[/MENTION]
Did the clips fit in as well too? Or just hanging

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
What's wrong with doing this?

I just didn't push the two front pins on the cover all the way in. The back two are all the way in but leaving the front two pins out gives the cover plenty of room to clear all the hoses. The cover isn't going anywhere and if you are showing the engine bay off it takes two seconds to push the front of the cover all the way down if you don't like it being an inch or so higher than the back. In fact you got to get really low to tell there is any difference.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just got my PP2 and FP oil seperator. Any conerns with letting my dealer do the Pp2 install? I read that an account need to be created online, would I need access to it later on? Also how would I go back to stock if I ever need to?

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Question about knock. What's normal?

Yes, I know, old subject but I just had PP3 installed a couple of months ago so have the new calibration. I'm in a 91 octane state. The manual for the GT says "Do not be concerned if your engine sometimes knocks lightly", and the folks at FP told me not to worry. But when I get into the gas a bit from a stop, window open and next to a minivan or truck or wall so can hear the engine, I hear a few rattles then it quiets down and accelerates. It's most obvious in conditions where I'm asking for it (hot day, a/c on, higher IAT). I don't hear anything at higher revs and WOT. I think it's normal (Octane Adjust off) but want to know if other people hear the same thing on their FPPP-equipped GTs w/ 91 octane gas.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Question about knock. What's normal?

Yes, I know, old subject but I just had PP3 installed a couple of months ago so have the new calibration. I'm in a 91 octane state. The manual for the GT says "Do not be concerned if your engine sometimes knocks lightly", and the folks at FP told me not to worry. But when I get into the gas a bit from a stop, window open and next to a minivan or truck or wall so can hear the engine, I hear a few rattles then it quiets down and accelerates. It's most obvious in conditions where I'm asking for it (hot day, a/c on, higher IAT). I don't hear anything at higher revs and WOT. I think it's normal (Octane Adjust off) but want to know if other people hear the same thing on their FPPP-equipped GTs w/ 91 octane gas.
I get a little ping when I mash the pedal down... nothing too much, nothing too loud. Likely an emissions thing. Trying to run as lean as possible and takes a few seconds to figure out that you're leaving the butterfly open.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I get a little ping when I mash the pedal down... nothing too much, nothing too loud. Likely an emissions thing. Trying to run as lean as possible and takes a few seconds to figure out that you're leaving the butterfly open.
That sounds like mine, so good...it's probably normal. I think the reason we are mandated to use 91+ is that Ford is getting super-aggressive with the spark advance to get more power from the NA coyote. That's not the entire reason for the gains but I'm guessing that's a big one. It's a fair enough tradeoff...I'm happy to put in 91 in exchange for a tune from the factory that doesnt have to protect against 87 octane gas. I'm guessing that when we step on it at low rpm it tries an aggressive advance, senses some early ping, and dials it back just a bit.

I have a feeling that the extra advance is what gives PP2 such a torque advantage over stock and what keeps PP3 about = stock until higher rpms. I think without it PP3 would be considerably weaker than stock below 4K because it's short runners are only tuned for high rpm vs the original manifold.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
Just got my PP2 and FP oil seperator. Any conerns with letting my dealer do the Pp2 install? I read that an account need to be created online, would I need access to it later on? Also how would I go back to stock if I ever need to?
Bring a USB storage device and ask the dealer to load the PP2 and stock calibration files on it. That's what Ford Performance advised.

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ok, I got unlucky with this. The GT350 cold air intake came without the rubber seal on it. We noticed this at the dealer and they don't see a problem installing it without it for now until I get it the rubber seal from where I bought the kit. Do you guys see any concerns with this? I guess some hot air will leak-in in the meantime but everything else should be fine?
Sponsored