Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I would revise your history and say the "1st Gen" is really 4 very distinct cars

1964-1966
1967-1968 redesigned to fit the big block
1969-1970 car got bigger again
1971-1973 even larger

Those cars don't have a simple face lift IMO. Yes they have some common parts, but I don't think they can be lumped together as one design.
Agree, very distinct car but same generation either way.
Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
We should rename this forum Mustang9G then :shrug::headbonk::D
Yes we should : )
I could go with the 65 to 68 being one generation but
65 mustang was 181.6 inches long 68.2 inches wide and 2445lbs

By 73 car was 189.5 inches long 74.1 inches wide and 3560lbs

I don't understand how those 2 could be the same anything

Since the 94 to 04 was on an updated fox platform why not combine the 3rd and 4th gen as well?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes we should : )
I could go with the 65 to 68 being one generation but
65 mustang was 181.6 inches long 68.2 inches wide and 2445lbs

By 73 car was 189.5 inches long 74.1 inches wide and 3560lbs

I don't understand how those 2 could be the same anything

Since the 94 to 04 was on an updated fox platform why not combine the 3rd and 4th gen as well?
That's the funny thing about the modern automotive world... the only reason the first gen was all one gen was because it shared a similar subframe design. Nowadays, we had the Fox platform which was active from 79-04, but was split into 2 generations, and the current platform, which has also been split into 2 generations. Really, we should be Mustang4G

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just to throw another rumor out there.....this is from someone that works on construction/development at FRAP......

The plant is due to be reconfigured during the switch over from S550-S650 to resolve some of the current bottlenecks. Here's his quote as I received it :)

"I just get things from the construction/development side of the equation. From the early plans will be re configuring the plant when they do the switch to fix some of the bottle necks, the plant is kinda weirdly laid out. It will be much early than MY2023, based on where engineering plans are I'd guess MY2021 but and things at Ford have been very fluid over the past 6 months, you can have plans scrapped and then brought back in 2 weeks later"

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Just to throw another rumor out there.....this is from someone that works on construction/development at FRAP......

The plant is due to be reconfigured during the switch over from S550-S650 to resolve some of the current bottlenecks. Here's his quote as I received it :)

"I just get things from the construction/development side of the equation. From the early plans will be re configuring the plant when they do the switch to fix some of the bottle necks, the plant is kinda weirdly laid out. It will be much early than MY2023, based on where engineering plans are I'd guess MY2021 but and things at Ford have been very fluid over the past 6 months, you can have plans scrapped and then brought back in 2 weeks later"
Construction plans, yes.... Program plans, nope.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Another day, another rumor :)

And today's rumor....... :D

http://fordauthority.com/2018/06/so...for-2021-based-on-the-explorers-cd6-platform/

"The all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang is on the way for the 2021 model year, and it will be based on the same shiny new CD6 platform that’s slated to underpin the 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator crossovers, according to sources familiar with The Blue Oval’s future product plans."

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
And today's rumor....... :D

http://fordauthority.com/2018/06/so...for-2021-based-on-the-explorers-cd6-platform/

"The all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang is on the way for the 2021 model year, and it will be based on the same shiny new CD6 platform that’s slated to underpin the 2020 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator crossovers, according to sources familiar with The Blue Oval’s future product plans."
Already cancelled, outdated “news”.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the next gen explorer was slated to be body on frame... I know that they won't be sharing a platform anymore, but if they still were, how would that have worked? Body on frame mustang?:barf:

Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
All this talk of the next gen model year pushing out makes me want to order a 2019 even more. My last Mustang was a 2014 and I planned on waiting until the post-S550 car to get another one, assuming it would have been 2020 or 2021. I just need to get one now, enjoy it, and not worry about what might be next. The autobahns are not much fun in a 134hp hybrid...

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
All this talk of the next gen model year pushing out makes me want to order a 2019 even more. My last Mustang was a 2014 and I planned on waiting until the post-S550 car to get another one, assuming it would have been 2020 or 2021. I just need to get one now, enjoy it, and not worry about what might be next. The autobahns are not much fun in a 134hp hybrid...
Do it! Do it!

I thought the next gen explorer was slated to be body on frame... I know that they won't be sharing a platform anymore, but if they still were, how would that have worked? Body on frame mustang?:barf:
Nope, nobody said it would be such thing (body on frame). The only thing we've heard about the next gen explorer is that it will be RWD based (again) and that it will be built under the new CD6 "Modular platform".

btw, have you seen the new Explorer just yet? There are already pictures on it's "Police Interceptor" trim.

2019-ford-explorer-police-interceptor-02-1528831044.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well I think the real answer is going to come when we start seeing mules out testing... That usually happens about 1-2 years before launch. So an MY21 S650 should debut mid 2020. As such it should have mules hitting the streets pretty soon if it is a MY21 car.

Eagle-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Already cancelled, outdated “news”.

How is it outdated news? Everything up to this point has the mustang being based off cd6 and being introduced by MY'21, although i do reserve the right to say that something could happen where it can be pushed back by one model year('22).

Ford's persistence that they will sell a hybrid mustang by CY'20, the employee's linkedin profile and a couple of well informed people over at BON all point to the same info. I seriously doubt that your source is bigger than the tidal wave of information that's been put out. Like anything else, its wait and see.

Eagle-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well I think the real answer is going to come when we start seeing mules out testing... That usually happens about 1-2 years before launch. So an MY21 S650 should debut mid 2020. As such it should have mules hitting the streets pretty soon if it is a MY21 car.
Yea pretty much. Being that most likely it will be a MY'21 we should start seeing test mules by early next year in time for cold weather testing, then follow that up in the summer for hot weather. Enough time for the engineers to gather all the data they need to meet the MY'21 goal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.