Sponsored

Any luck homologating Magnaflow Street Street Cat-Back Exhaust (Ecoboost) in Europe?

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I should make my exhaust legal, but I'm finding it difficult.

Magnaflow didn't bother to homologate it in Europe (CE mark). However a third party could ask for that homologation. Apparently Steeda.co.uk that sells them didn't bother also.

Anyone knows if somebody did it? Thanks.
Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
As far as I know, they did not.
In fact there is only one aftermarket that can be fitted. Here in Belgium if you go to control without CE, you can come back!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Which one Voodoo? And does this one actually make the EB sound good?
After almost 3 years I haven't heard a single exhaust that I actually really liked the sound of it... they all just seem to make "annoy the crap out of your neighbors sounds" to me:doh:

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Which one Voodoo? And does this one actually make the EB sound good?
After almost 3 years I haven't heard a single exhaust that I actually really liked the sound of it... they all just seem to make "annoy the crap out of your neighbors sounds" to me:doh:

I think that only the Ford Racing by Borla is allowed. At least it was like that in the past. Not sure if someone has one and can tell us if it is worth the investment?
If there are other that are TĂśV CE approved, let us know.

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Magnaflow Street Street Cat-Back Exhaust does wonders for Ecoboost sound. Not raspy or excessively loud.

Here's mine shortly after it was installed.

[ame]

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Magnaflow Street Street Cat-Back Exhaust does wonders for Ecoboost sound. Not raspy or excessively loud.
Sound is great but the question was one that is allowed. this one is not and will not pass control in most European countries.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I have the stock exhaust tied to a wall in my garage, and will swap the Magnaflow before the 4-year control.
(even if I bet that it will pass the control.. no one here knows anything about this car)

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
I have the stock exhaust tied to a wall in my garage, and will swap the Magnaflow before the 4-year control.
(even if I bet that it will pass the control.. no one here knows anything about this car)
That is indeed best solution IF you can switch it yourself. Unfortunately I cannot and to change it at that moment in a garage is for me too much. That is why I rather take one that is TĂĽV certified. Shame I could not be at Lux4 this year to hear differences.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'll do the swap in a friend's garage, the first time he asked me only 20 eur IIRC :)
it's not too much work once you lift the car.. the hardest part is to carry the stock exhaust to the garage! I used my parent's motorhome B)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Whether or not a certain tuning product is allowed differs very much from country to country. Germany is extremely strict, so is Belgium and for example in the Netherlands you can install whatever you want and nobody cares. With exhausts all that matters is the amount of noise they make. There is a certain maximum allowed db level.

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Whether or not a certain tuning product is allowed differs very much from country to country. Germany is extremely strict, so is Belgium and for example in the Netherlands you can install whatever you want and nobody cares. With exhausts all that matters is the amount of noise they make. There is a certain maximum allowed db level.

Yes and no ... what you say is correct but if you visit one of those countries, you have to be able to show that your exhaust is TĂśV allowed ... but this is only if they control but then again risk is limited ;)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
They don't measure sound pressure levels in Belgium, I'm sure of that.

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
They don't measure sound pressure levels in Belgium, I'm sure of that.
Correct, they only check if there is no pollution above a certain level and they should check if the CE label is on it. That is it.
If you are lucky they might not even look at CE one.

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost

This is what I'm betting here too. We have periodic vehicle inspections - at 4 years, then 6 years, then every year, and if they detect something that's not written on car's documents, it fails and we can't drive the car anymore until the "fault" is corrected.

Just for piece of mind, I would like to legalize the exhaust on car papers, but without a CE certificate, it's a no go.
Sponsored