Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Hey I’m in santee too. Maybe I need to get the PP2 and we see how it goes down? Hahah who did you have install and Dyno?
Be like Nike and just do it :cheers:

[MENTION=15983]re-rx7[/MENTION] what’s the link to the vids :headbang:
Sponsored

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey I’m in santee too. Maybe I need to get the PP2 and we see how it goes down? Hahah who did you have install and Dyno?
All my parts have been installed by CCC Motorsports, they are located by the Drive In movie theatre. Greg at CCC also dyno tuned it.

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Planning on getting PP2 next week, is it important to also to get an OIL separator?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Planning on getting PP2 next week, is it important to also to get an OIL separator?
I would most definitely advise getting one. Lots of good ones out there, but the JLT 3.0 seems to be the most widely used (I have one) and I can tell you that it is pure plug and plug. Literally takes 1 minute to install, looks OEM and works extremely well.

I empty mine roughly monthly, and it's at least a third of the way full every time. All that gunk would otherwise get sucked right back into the engine.

With the PP2 you will be happily revving the snot out of your engine and the separator will help keep things clean.

Might be related but might not be, but since I installed my PP2 and the separator, my mileage went up by roughly 1MPG. Not that mileage is a concern for most of us, but it was a very nice side benefit for me, since I have an 80-mile/day round trip commute to work. More power, better driveability and better mileage? It's a total win.

Sponsored

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I would most definitely advise getting one. Lots of good ones out there, but the JLT 3.0 seems to be the most widely used (I have one) and I can tell you that it is pure plug and plug. Literally takes 1 minute to install, looks OEM and works extremely well.

I empty mine roughly monthly, and it's at least a third of the way full every time. All that gunk would otherwise get sucked right back into the engine.

With the PP2 you will be happily revving the snot out of your engine and the separator will help keep things clean.

Might be related but might not be, but since I installed my PP2 and the separator, my mileage went up by roughly 1MPG. Not that mileage is a concern for most of us, but it was a very nice side benefit for me, since I have an 80-mile/day round trip commute to work. More power, better driveability and better mileage? It's a total win.
Thanks! Would I have to empty it every once in a while? I like using Ford performance parts and looks they have a separator as well, wondering if it will be just as good as JLT

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I installed the Ford Performance one last week. Install was simple and it looks completely OEM and as if it was installed at the factory. I like that.

r00tbeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Had PP3 put in a couple weeks ago. You apparently are forced to use lift and shift, because if you don't, the car will stutter. I've been driving a stick for 30 years so no chance i'm reprogramming my brain now. Went with a custom tune. PP3 dyno'd 430whp, got 441whp with tune AND im not stuck with lift n shift.

If i would have known this prior, i would have just bought the GT350 manifold and a JLT cold air and saved some money.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Had PP3 put in a couple weeks ago. You apparently are forced to use lift and shift, because if you don't, the car will stutter. I've been driving a stick for 30 years so no chance i'm reprogramming my brain now. Went with a custom tune. PP3 dyno'd 430whp, got 441whp with tune AND im not stuck with lift n shift.

If i would have known this prior, i would have just bought the GT350 manifold and a JLT cold air and saved some money.
11whp won’t make a difference in a race.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

Shifting normally works just fine. Still on the stock clutch assist spring?

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
There are no silly questions.....right? Why do you have to remove the sound tube when you install the PP2? Couldn't you drill a hole in the GT 350 intake and continue using it?

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP

This is what puts me on the fence with this. Some people say that there is no change in driving style but others say that you HAVE to do no lift shift.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
This is what puts me on the fence with this. Some people say that there is no change in driving style but others say that you HAVE to do no lift shift.
There is nothing -- NOTHING -- forcing you to use the no-lift-shift feature. I've only played around with it a couple of times -- It's a cool feature, but I don't use it.

LucaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the PP2 and you can still drive it hard without using the no lift shift, no biggie you just need to release the clutch all the way a bit quicker so that you can step back on gas.
Sponsored