OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Another superb video from the victory at Sebring. We are buried in this one too!:)

[ame]

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Another superb video from the victory at Sebring. We are buried in this one too!:)

No shortage of awesomesauce in that clip:first:

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The race at Sebring for those so inclined...

[ame]

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Kyle and Nate just did something absolutely fantastic!

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Mustang GT4 P1 & P2, Awesome! :clap2:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I believe not, but I was. I watched a few minutes of the race itself from the hill that looks at T1 and then the podium presentations from pit row while I waited for the start of the Porsche GT3 race.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was the only race we weren't going to make. It was killing me to not be there and even more so considering how it played out.

Guys, you have to watch this race in its entirety either in a few days on FS1 or when IMSA finally puts it up on their site. Nate ran just over an hour on the first leg and moved up a few spots before handing off to Kyle Marcelli. Then it got crazy. Early on in the race, Chase Briscoe (in one of the Multimatic cars) took out the second place McLaren. Might have worked in NASCAR but not in this series. Here is the moment caught from my phone while filming my laptop screen - about as high tech as it gets.:) The McLaren team was pissed to say the least.

[ame]

Remember, the Ford/Multimatic effort is supposed to be one of young NASCAR drivers gaining experience from another series and not a banzai, take no prisoners show. So later in the race when Marcelli was making a move towards the front, he had the same Multimatic car in front of him but it now had Scott Maxwell behind the wheel. I wondered if they were going to make passing as difficult as possible for Marcelli. I learned today from one of Dean's crew that Dean was on his way to talk to the Multimatic Team about this and they were good about it. Marcelli ended up passing the 15 car without issue - great sportsmanship. Especially considering that they could have held Kyle up and it may have made a difference at the end. Then again, maybe they didn't think he could cut through everyone like he did.

Regarding why the car "sputtered" at the end...dunno. Dean has yet to have his guys tear into it but I hope to find out what the heck happened. My good friend Tom handles fueling and told me that he pumped out just over one gallon of gas when packing the car up (car uses a 21 gallon tank which means Kyle burned up ~20 gallons in just under an hour). Regarding setup, apparently Dean was at the same track about two weeks ago and got some data on settings. Unlike all the changes that were made for the Sebring race, this one was setup fairly close out of the box. The way it was put to me was that the car was setup to be there at the end versus killing it early on at the expense of the tires later. I was shocked that Kyle could continue to be so fast while the lead car seemed to be trying hard to go easy on the tires (until Kyle was right on his ass anyway).

Something else - not only was Kyle on of the winning drivers in the GS class but he also drove to victory in the GTD Daytona category (Lexus RC F). What a weekend for him, eh?

http://racer.com/2018/05/06/lexus-3gt-celebrate-breakthrough-win-at-mid-ohio/

Hopefully the GT4 Mustangs don't get hit with the BOP hammer between now and the next race. I'll be there (Watkins Glen) and already can't wait.

Sponsored

Trevor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 1993 Mustang LX, 2018 Audi S4
This was the only race we weren't going to make. It was killing me to not be there and even more so considering how it played out.

Guys, you have to watch this race in its entirety either in a few days on FS1 or when IMSA finally puts it up on their site. Nate ran just over an hour on the first leg and moved up a few spots before handing off to Kyle Marcelli. Then it got crazy. Early on in the race, Chase Briscoe (in one of the Multimatic cars) took out the second place McLaren. Might have worked in NASCAR but not in this series. Here is the moment caught from my phone while filming my laptop screen - about as high tech as it gets.:) The McLaren team was pissed to say the least.

Remember, the Ford/Multimatic effort is supposed to be one of young NASCAR drivers gaining experience from another series and not a banzai, take no prisoners show. So later in the race when Marcelli was making a move towards the front, he had the same Multimatic car in front of him but it now had Scott Maxwell behind the wheel. I wondered if they were going to make passing as difficult as possible for Marcelli. I learned today from one of Dean's crew that Dean was on his way to talk to the Multimatic Team about this and they were good about it. Marcelli ended up passing the 15 car without issue - great sportsmanship. Especially considering that they could have held Kyle up and it may have made a difference at the end. Then again, maybe they didn't think he could cut through everyone like he did.

Regarding why the car "sputtered" at the end...dunno. Dean has yet to have his guys tear into it but I hope to find out what the heck happened. My good friend Tom handles fueling and told me that he pumped out just over one gallon of gas when packing the car up (car uses a 21 gallon tank which means Kyle burned up ~20 gallons in just under an hour). Regarding setup, apparently Dean was at the same track about two weeks ago and got some data on settings. Unlike all the changes that were made for the Sebring race, this one was setup fairly close out of the box. The way it was put to me was that the car was setup to be there at the end versus killing it early on at the expense of the tires later. I was shocked that Kyle could continue to be so fast while the lead car seemed to be trying hard to go easy on the tires (until Kyle was right on his ass anyway).

Something else - not only was Kyle on of the winning drivers in the GS class but he also drove to victory in the GTD Daytona category (Lexus RC F). What a weekend for him, eh?

http://racer.com/2018/05/06/lexus-3gt-celebrate-breakthrough-win-at-mid-ohio/

Hopefully the GT4 Mustangs don't get hit with the BOP hammer between now and the next race. I'll be there (Watkins Glen) and already can't wait.
Hey Epiphany, I'm a huge fan of Dean's team and, well, all the GT4 Mustangs. I've been wondering this small detail for a little while. What's the squirrel decal on the corners of the front fascia for?

RogerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Max and Nate make a great young guns team. Been following Nate since his career began. His father and mother and I have been friends for quite some time. Very nice people.