Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 M3, looking for a R...
Is it foolish of me to think I can acquire a GT350R at MSRP? I made the mistake of driving a GT350 for the first time yesterday, and now I want the R...
Sponsored

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
You will probably not find a new R for sticker. It took me two months and a lot of luck to find one at $1500 over sticker. I looked nationwide and finally found one at a small dealership that was willing to do business at that number for a 2017 R. Expect to pay $5K over, and maybe you might get lucky at $3K over if you use shop ford.com and autolist to look nationwide to find a dealership willing to deal near the end of the month. As always, be prepared to commit to purchase re: financing or cash in hand, put down a deposit, and either fly out to look at the car, or find a dealership that will allow you to buy the car sight unseen and have it shipped. They may be willing to do business at a lower number if you have a trade-in that they can make some money on.
I have a list of VINs at dealerships that may be willing to do business at those numbers, though some of them may be sold by now. PM me if interested.
Is it foolish of me to think I can acquire a GT350R at MSRP? I made the mistake of driving a GT350 for the first time yesterday, and now I want the R...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Really like your attitude towards one of our members!

It's his business what he wants to sell his car for therefore have a hard time understanding why you are so bent out of shape especially suggesting that this member is a rich snob.

BTW, it was not all that long ago that I sold a used R model to a Ford dealer for ~$80,000 therefore you best start believing that some dealers will pay above sticker for a used R model.

;)
The story behind this guy Harry is that he followed up on one of my GT350 leads which was advertised as MSRP or slightly below. I give him the contact to my dealership and instead of an MSRP(ish) deal, he was pushing for invoice. My dealership sent him packing. He recently piped in on a Bullitt allocation lead that I had and said some really crappy things about them.

So,

With all due respect, you are crazy. If you look, there was a lead for a Brand New R for 5k over. Why would someone buy a used one for over sticker, when there is going to be another run for 2019?
I was that guy who posted that lead. That was not a market value allocation. It was a courtesy extended to me to pass along to the community, just like the 350 allocation and just like the Bullitt allocation that you crapped so nicely on.

I am having an extremely hard time believing that a dealer is offering him above sticker. The reason I say this is because they're in the business of making money, and the usual thing they do is buy low and sell high. Let's say that they give him $70k, then they'd need to sell it for at least $75-80 to make a decent profit. This guy is just a rich snob trying to make a profit.

People aren't that stupid and people like him disgust me.
People like you disgust me. You sit on the sidelines, armchair quarterbacking all the various moves in the market and you have no skin in the game. You think that you are entitled or something...... Sheesh.

"Rich Snob"?.... I make a good living and work hard. As a result, I am able to purchase and enjoy some things. One of which are these types of cars. It is so difficult for me to listen to people like you. You have no skin in the game, but by default (a public forum) you feel that you can interject your opinion as if it has meaning. It has none.

You remind me of the guy sitting in the therapists chair in the geico commercial.....

[ame]

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
The story behind this guy Harry is that he followed up on one of my GT350 leads which was advertised as MSRP or slightly below. I give him the contact to my dealership and instead of an MSRP(ish) deal, he was pushing for invoice. My dealership sent him packing. He recently piped in on a Bullitt allocation lead that I had and said some really crappy things about them.

So,

I was that guy who posted that lead. That was not a market value allocation. It was a courtesy extended to me to pass along to the community, just like the 350 allocation and just like the Bullitt allocation that you crapped so nicely on.

People like you disgust me. You sit on the sidelines, armchair quarterbacking all the various moves in the market and you have no skin in the game. You think that you are entitled or something...... Sheesh.

"Rich Snob"?.... I make a good living and work hard. As a result, I am able to purchase and enjoy some things. One of which are these types of cars. It is so difficult for me to listen to people like you. You have no skin in the game, but by default (a public forum) you feel that you can interject your opinion as if it has meaning. It has none.

You remind me of the guy sitting in the therapists chair in the geico commercial.....

You sound extremely butthurt and should take a chill pill. I wasn't gonna take a shit on you, and still won't. That being said, it's EXTREMELY ironic you coming to a defense of someone ripping off a potential buyer of a used R considering you are on the record saying that you would never buy used cause you don't know how they treated the car. Plus with buying a new R with 5k markup is eons better than paying 10k over for a used one considering you get the full warranty, piece of mind that you do the break in correctly and get the free track attack.

And to my recollection, Gary yeoman's Ford (who is raping customers wallets by charging 5k for a bullitt) didn't tell me to get packing lol. Of course you're going to dramatize it since you can't take the heat of people criticizing you for offering a lead for 5k adm for a regular GT. I know you don't pay attention, but that guy has owned a Porsche 911 turbo s and a McLaren, so he is beyond a doubt a rich person.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You sound extremely butthurt and should take a chill pill. I wasn't gonna take a shit on you, and still won't. That being said, it's EXTREMELY ironic you coming to a defense of someone ripping off a potential buyer of a used R considering you are on the record saying that you would never buy used cause you don't know how they treated the car. Plus with buying a new R with 5k markup is eons better than paying 10k over for a used one considering you get the full warranty, piece of mind that you do the break in correctly and get the free track attack.

And to my recollection, Gary yeoman's Ford (who is raping customers wallets by charging 5k for a bullitt) didn't tell me to get packing lol. Of course you're going to dramatize it since you can't take the heat of people criticizing you for offering a lead for 5k adm for a regular GT. I know you don't pay attention, but that guy has owned a Porsche 911 turbo s and a McLaren, so he is beyond a doubt a rich person.
Since you have lots to say and have a lot of answers for many of us uninformed Mustang enthusiasts are you actually in the market for a GT350/GT350R/Bullitt or are you going to just sit back and continue to provide negative comments without actually pulling the trigger on one of these great cars?

:shrug:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Its a free market economy. Supply vs demand. Different markets yield different price points. If I could sell one of my R's at a huge premium, Id do it. Recall one of the R's was a trade up from a track pack at a great deal. Yes, I would prefer to buy new. So what does that have to do with anything?

Butthurt? No. Disbelief? Yes. I throw you a lead on MSRP maybe a little less and you are after invoice and no deal was made. As for the dump you took all over the Bullitt lead, I have screen shots if you like. Your unsubstantiated claim that the trim level of the Bullitt is as common as buying a GT is false. It is an allocated trim level (just like an R) and you can't just walk into a dealership and order one unless there is an allocation for it.

Butthurt is most likely describing you because maybe it is setting in that you are not going to get a 350 at invoice nor will you get a Bullitt at sub MSRP pricing (at least for now).

Enjoy the sidelines and armchair quarterbacking.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Newsflash

My dealership reached out to the Ford Rep and it was said that Bullitts are allocated and the numbers for MY2019 will be in the 700 to 800 range for the NATION.

With that kind of availability, do you really think that you are going to avoid a dealer markup? Back to supply and demand. You don't have to buy it. I admire your steadfast refusal to not pay any kind of markup. But to what end and why hang out here if you are never going to own one? :shrug:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

FWIW, the term that I think you're trying to use is 'peace of mind'...the idea that your decision, or option, will give you peace. I find it somewhat ironic, but not surprising, that you're referring to a 'piece' of mind...which would imply less than 100% of a mind.

You may also have it confused with 'piece of my mind'...as in, 'I'm going to give that guy a piece of my mind.' I'm simply a layman when it comes to the science of the brain but, if I were you, I wouldn't consider giving up any more pieces of that brain of yours. Someday, you may actually need to use it.

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Newsflash

My dealership reached out to the Ford Rep and it was said that Bullitts are allocated and the numbers for MY2019 will be in the 700 to 800 range for the NATION.

With that kind of availability, do you really think that you are going to avoid a dealer markup? Back to supply and demand. You don't have to buy it. I admire your steadfast refusal to not pay any kind of markup. But to what end and why hang out here if you are never going to own one? :shrug:
they will be in short supply.
and Tomster is a great dude.
I know both of these things to be true.

'Butthurt / chill pill'...that's LA kid stuff. I know about both of those things too, btw.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Used 2017 magnetic gt350r with 1700 miles. Had paint corrrection, ceramic coating, and clear bra added. Seller is willing to take 75,000. Fair deal?
Sponsored