Sponsored

FORScan Codes - S550 Mustangs

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Here is one I've been looking for..

"I installed a set of switchback LED turn signals recently, love the new lights, quickly got tired of the hyper-flashing indicator in the car. Santa brought me an OBDLink MX and I got Forscan installed and licensed. Today I tried my hand with Forscan and got the hyper-flashing turn signal indicator turned off.

727-27-01
Before: x1xx xxxx xxxx
After: x0xx xxxx xxxx

I found the info here: S550 Guru - Disable signal hyperflashing and can confirm it turns off hyper-flashing on my 2017 GT premium. Someone else posted this link earlier but I couldn't find the post to thank them.

Forscan is an interesting tool, I plan on playing with it some more in the future. To all the pioneers who blazed the trail, a big hat tip....
__________________"
Plagiarized and Courtesy of catchthecarp

Where are all the quality European header and exhaust options for the s550? I've been waiting for some of the more well known to make those products.
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Where are all the quality European header and exhaust options for the s550? I've been waiting for some of the more well known to make those products.
Wrong section, this would be better posted in the Euro or V8 section. This thread is for Asbuilt data

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to be able to display Engine Oil Temp instead of that Low/Normal/High Gauge and word display. It's measuring it, so it can surely be displayed.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Would love to be able to display Engine Oil Temp instead of that Low/Normal/High Gauge and word display. It's measuring it, so it can surely be displayed.
Second this.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
You can get it, I have it on a Forscan dash on my phone, but I am told it is a "calculated value", that there is no actual oil temp sensor.

Hardcore would add a remote filter/cooler and a sensor in the block off plate, but that's a lot more complex than necessary for most people I think.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
You can get it, I have it on a Forscan dash on my phone, but I am told it is a "calculated value", that there is no actual oil temp sensor.

Hardcore would add a remote filter/cooler and a sensor in the block off plate, but that's a lot more complex than necessary for most people I think.
What's the formula (if there is one) for this calculated value? I'd like to try it in the torque app.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm actually hoping someone could find a way to display the current gear you are in on the digital dash for manual transmissions. The automatic trans has that ability when you turn off the numeric RPM, but on a manual it just shows a blank space if you turn that off. Also, can someone shine some light how you're decoding the codes in the ab file? Or is the only way to just test them one by one...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

That's mildly alarming.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3

"I installed a set of switchback LED turn signals recently, love the new lights, quickly got tired of the hyper-flashing indicator in the car. Santa brought me an OBDLink MX and I got Forscan installed and licensed. Today I tried my hand with Forscan and got the hyper-flashing turn signal indicator turned off.

727-27-01

I found the info here: S550 Guru - Disable signal hyperflashing and can confirm it turns off hyper-flashing on my 2017 GT premium. Someone else posted this link earlier but I couldn't find the post to thank them.

Forscan is an interesting tool, I plan on playing with it some more in the future. To all the pioneers who blazed the trail, a big hat tip....
__________________"
Thanks, I’ll add it to the spreadsheet.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
What's the formula (if there is one) for this calculated value? I'd like to try it in the torque app.
I understand it is based on cylinder head temp, load and coolant temperature. I'm not sure if Torque can see it or not, for sure it can't see the diff temp because it's not on the OBDII its on CANBUS where Torque can't get it. At least last time I looked at Torque it couldn't see it. FORSCAN can get it no matter if it's on OBDII or CANBUS.

I can't remember if the oil temp value is on OBDII or CANBUS and the car's in storage right now so I can't check that. It's probably on the interwebs somewhere if I get a minute I'll see what I can find.

You won't get much of this data with a cheapie OBDII reader, for sure just the OBDII and even then some of the cheapies don't get all that. You need the OBDLINK MX or equivalent. Don't ask me how I know.:p

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

727-27-01

__________________"
I think you miss-typed the numbers in the block address. The correct block to disable hyperflash is:

726-27-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx 1=hyperflash, 0=no hyperflash

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Spreadsheet updated to include the following:

Added an Unconfirmed Tab - if anyone has verified a listed code, please let me know
Auto-Relock - If you unlock using a remote, car relocks after 45 seconds if no door opened
Line-Lock Disable/Enable - GTs only
MyColor Door Sills - Convertibles only
Sync 3 button colors - allows you to change color of buttons at bottom of screen
Turn Signal Hyper-Flash - Disable/Enable (great for those who have LED turn signals)
MFT Navigation Enable/Disable - plus I added a Tab for step-by-step installation instructions (taken from F-150 Forum)
Navigation in Motion - allows you to type in address while moving faster than 3mph
Vehicle Chimes Sound Location - where vehicle chimes are heard from
Cross-Traffic Alert Option in Instrument Cluster (need hardware)
Blindspot Option in Instrument Cluster (need hardware)
Spare Tire Mobility Kit Enable/Disable in Instrument Cluster
Updated Speedometer Correction to include link to calculator

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Spreadsheet updated to include the following:
Spare Tire Mobility Kit Enable/Disable in Instrument Cluster
Thanks, for this I will disable this the next chance I get. I actually put the tire mobility kit in the trash after I tried to inflate the tires with it at the drag strip and it just let air out. The plastic fitting that screws on to the valve stem wouldn't seal!:frusty:

I know the FRPP GT theme and splash screen from the f-150 sheet work as well on the sync 3 system. I am running it in my car. I prefer the look better than the standard sync 3 theme.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Don't forget - the code for turning off that STUPID panic button.....SOOOOOO happy to be able to make that go away.....
Sponsored