Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

willthinkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmmm
BASE MSRP PRICES

If dealers were to drop ADM what would you say would be a FAIR MSRP price? Use the POLL

MSRP prices Below

2015 GT350 49,995 | GT350R 63,495
2016 GT350 49,995 | GT350R 63,495
2017 GT350 56,495 | GT350R 63,995
2018 GT350 57,145 | GT350R 64,645​

visit my inventory tool : http://www.mystang.life
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
MSRP is, by it's definition, the suggested fair price. We know this isn't how it always works. This poll doesn't really work, either. :( (meaning, everyone wants to just pay less... people who don't own them yet, will post less and people who do own them will post higher, to support their purchase).

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
The least amount practical.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't pay for one, since I already have mine. The general population of people out there who are considering a GT350/R fall into gradations of income and relative desire for the vehicle. Those with the most money and/or desire have already purchased a GT350/R. The early ones paid more or had to work harder for a good deal, but they've owned the vehicle for a couple years now (and some have moved on). The people left after 3+ model years of GT350/R that haven't bought one don't want the car as much or don't have as much money or the initial timing of the release of the car didn't work for them - basically through some combination of factors they haven't been willing to pay as much for the GT350/R or work so hard to find/buy one.

The prices that GT350s sell for is like any other item for sale - a combination of demand and availability. After thousands of cars have been sold for several years, their value has gone down compared to the value when there were very few available. In November of 2015 when I got mine very few people had them yet and I feel very lucky to have had the time with mine. 22,000 miles plus and I love it.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
When the prices of the R reaches 70k or even close to it, it makes choosing simple, other.

There are quite a few 70k cars that catch my eye. Even new 100k cars are being sold for around 70k with low miles (i know, i know comparing new to used, but realistically when you have a certain budget you want to look at and research all the choices). Tough choice when an R is priced that high. My choice would be to pay MSRP.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have purchased 2. first one a 16 TP for MSRP. Second a used 16 R with 1400 miles for MSRP. I will be honest though. The R model easily commands a higher price hence the dealer mark ups over MSRP. IF I were to put a dollar value on how much the I thought the R is worth new, I'd say 80k. And that is coming from someone who detests ADM's. I consider myself lucky since I am probably in the minority of those that payed MSRP new or used. I do believe and agree with Jonny Liebermans assessment in the R vs ZL1 1LE head to head, "I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that you’re going to have a difficult time picking up a GT350R for the sticker price. Two years after it first went on sale, the ultimate Mustang is still selling for $25,000 or thereabouts over sticker. I’ll never forget the first time I drove an R because although I was conscious of the greedy dealer markup, after one corner, “totally worth it” went through my head."

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
As you’re intimately familiar with both, I’m curious if you can explain, more specifically, what makes the R so much better than a track pack, beyond exclusivity. Obviously it’s the wheels and tires to a certain extent, but when a track pack is fitted with 21lb forged wheels and Cup2s, what is makes it $20k better?

I know the tangible differences between the two, so my question is really asking what makes the R feel 20k better?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
$3500 - 4200 Under MSRP, nothing more.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As you’re intimately familiar with both, I’m curious if you can explain, more specifically, what makes the R so much better than a track pack, beyond exclusivity. Obviously it’s the wheels and tires to a certain extent, but when a track pack is fitted with 21lb forged wheels and Cup2s, what is makes it $20k better?

I know the tangible differences between the two, so my question is really asking what makes the R feel 20k better?
Let's not start this crap AGAIN. Use a search and add to one of the many relative threads, please.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Been here a long time and never got an answer, thank ya very much. Was actually pondering a trade up and trying to justify it in my head. All you hear about is the R’s magic dust, but the rational side of me ain’t drinkin the Kool Aid. It’s a track car for me so performance is very meaningful.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Been here a long time and never got an answer, thank ya very much. Was actually pondering a trade up and trying to justify it in my head. All you hear about is the R’s magic dust, but the rational side of me ain’t drinkin the Kool Aid. It’s a track car for me so performance is very meaningful.
Just seems like you already knew all the answers to these questions:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1947792&postcount=22
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2072577&postcount=26

Seemed excited, too: :)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1948403&postcount=34

Just saying this thread isn't about that and it's been debated quite a bit. The people with Rs (raises hand) will tell you that it's special so very different so they feel better about paying more...all that. The guys without them will tell you that it's only the sticky tires that makes the difference so they feel better about paying less.

Of course there's a truth in there somewhere in the static. In the end, we all have great cars..

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Just seems like you already knew all the answers to these questions:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1947792&postcount=22
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2072577&postcount=26

Seemed excited, too: :)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1948403&postcount=34

Just saying this thread isn't about that and it's been debated quite a bit. The people with Rs (raises hand) will tell you that it's special so very different so they feel better about paying more...all that. The guys without them will tell you that it's only the sticky tires that makes the difference so they feel better about paying less.

Of course there's a truth in there somewhere in the static. In the end, we all have great cars..
Yep, all my opinions, but I haven’t owned both. Just looking for something more than vague innuendo to support how much better it is and find a bit more truth in the static. Zitro has tracked both cars, so he can speak specifically about how they’re different. And he basically said above that his assessment is the difference is worth about $20k.

My local dealer just got an R and I have a good relationship with them. Even if I score a great deal with them there’s still a big gap. In my household $20k is a big deal so I am forced to make informed decisions. This forum is a great source of information.

But you’re right, this thread is not about this topic and I should have PM’d Zitro. However, I know I’m not the only one who would like to hear HOW the R is so much better so I asked. Flame on. :cheers::threadjacked:

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Yep, all my opinions, but I haven’t owned both. Just looking for something more than vague innuendo to support how much better it is and find a bit more truth in the static. Zitro has tracked both cars, so he can speak specifically about how they’re different. And he basically said above that his assessment is the difference is worth about $20k.

My local dealer just got an R and I have a good relationship with them. Even if I score a great deal with them there’s still a big gap. In my household $20k is a big deal so I am forced to make informed decisions. This forum is a great source of information.

But you’re right, this thread is not about this topic and I should have PM’d Zitro. However, I know I’m not the only one who would like to hear HOW the R is so much better so I asked. Flame on. :cheers::threadjacked:
As a recent owner of a 17 Gt 350 with 13000 daily driven miles and now the proud owner of a 18 R that I have only had for 2 weeks and 400 miles I am very satisfied with my decision.

The sum of all the hotrod parts it would take to make a non R a R is not cost effective for anyone especialy if you are trying to maximize your budget. If you can get both cars at MSRP the difference between the two is less than you could buy parts for to make the non R a R chaser.

I was going to do that but finaly got a MSRP deal and it was a no brainer.
Also the depriciation on the non R will be greater and then if you spend money on wheels etc you will loose even more money even if you sell the items to recover some of your money it will probably be 50 cents on the dollar.

And regardless of placebo etc driving a R is totally different than a non R! The R is just at another level. The non Rs are great and very capable automobiles and will shame most vehicles on the road in handling and confidence. The R will just do it better and is just planted in corners and you can feel the difference in weight everywere stopping turn in etc it just does things with much more authority!

Back to the topic I think we all want MSRP or less but reality is with limited production and rarity most dealers will have 10 K ADM or more.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: CSL