Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

NEO Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
NEO
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The marketing manager for Ford Performance recently made the statement, "Venom Kills Demons". This statement was found in a video uploaded by Jerry Heasley on YouTube.

I think this is a bold statement and is worthy of discussion.
What do you guys think?

My examination of the comments made:[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1XMonPZTa4A[/MEDIA]"]

Jerry Heasley video:[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]TwJCdSNuRzo[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Well... he is the MARKETING Manager, of course he will say that even if it’s not true (that’s what he’s paid for) so I call BS. The GT500 is NOT going against the Demon, since it’s a Hellcat/ZL1 killer. It won’t be as fast as the Demon running straight line, however it will run circles around it.

If someone like Dave Pericak (or whoever is in it’s position right now), or a “Engineering manager” were the one who said that, well.... that would be legit for me. Also... MAYBE Jim mean around corners but I don’t think so.

There is an old adage in Spanish that says “Nadie vende pan frío” which you can literally translate it as “No one sells cold bread” meaning that no one speaks bad about the product they sell, specially if their work consist in saying wonders about it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well... he is the MARKETING Manager, of course he will say that even if it’s not true (that’s what he’s paid for) so I call BS. The GT500 is NOT going against the Demon, since it’s a Hellcat/ZL1 killer. It won’t be as fast as the Demon running straight line, however it will run circles around it.

If someone like Dave Pericak (or whoever is in it’s position right now), or a “Engineering manager” were the one who said that, well.... that would be legit for me. Also... MAYBE Jim mean around corners but I don’t think so.

There is an old adage in Spanish that says “Nadie vende pan frío” which you can literally translate it as “No one sells cold bread” meaning that no one speaks bad about the product they sell, specially if their work consist in saying wonders about it.
The 500 may just whoop the demon in a straight line.

Perhaps not with the crate assembly package that a demon owner can add. But with the car as delivered? Yeah. I think so.

And there are more than one way to kill it the track for example.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Mighty Bold claim made by Jim. I had a one on one with Jim early in the GT350 days and can tell you he is true to his word. Not going into specifics here as the details are in the 350 Forum. Needles to say is I take Jim at his word.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
So, is Jim claiming that the GT500 will be faster than the Demon WITHOUT Drag Radials and WITHOUT Transbrake?

Hahahaha I know as a fact that the GT500 will be a beast, but it definitely WON’T outperform the Demon at the quarter of mile

I’m with you on this one Nameless.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My impressions of the video are that the 500 will be more than what we think so far. All we have at this point is bits and pieces of limited insider information and a teaser video. Now this video pops up and I see a lot of excitement. Of course it is a gathering of biased associates, but nonetheless, I see true excitement and I believe there is more to this. We need more information. NEO, I don't think there is anything solid here that you can make a video about except to maybe comment on it and let people make up thier own minds. So far, every YouTube video on the 500 has been based upon speculation. Although people may want to watch it, if it winds up being wrong, some credibility is lost. The only thing that we have that is official is a teaser video and the above vague video. However I do think that it is promising.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I agree with Tom here. There is more to it than even people with limited inside information have that MAY or MAY NOT be correct.
Im gonna call BS to a couple things if Jim's (or the PR fella) statements are true. BS to 720HP...it aint happening with that. In fact if this car is 4100lbs its going to need high 700's to run low 10's. A track car that could run with a demon would be crazy. If Jim is correct , its most likely from a roll haha, which is still impressive and would need high 700's. Remember what dodge did with the hellcat? touted 600 +HP and came with 707.

Maybe Jim was just excited and first thing that came to his mind was Demon instead of ZL1. I would think he would go online and say 'sorry guys, I was thinking ZL1 but accidentally said Demon' sorry about that, my bad.'

Notably he said PR told him that 'Venom Kills Demons', so its not really in his words, am I hearing that right?

I do like your vids NEO, nothing wrong with speculation. Keep up the nice work. I've seen how you've gained quite the subscriptions in the last 6 months.
I hope you get the car your after, and after all your exposure, ford may have your back for an MSRP deal haha!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NEO Auto

NEO Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
NEO
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I agree with Tom here. There is more to it than even people with limited inside information have that MAY or MAY NOT be correct.
Im gonna call BS to a couple things if Jim's (or the PR fella) statements are true. BS to 720HP...it aint happening with that. In fact if this car is 4100lbs its going to need high 700's to run low 10's. A track car that could run with a demon would be crazy. If Jim is correct , its most likely from a roll haha, which is still impressive and would need high 700's. Remember what dodge did with the hellcat? touted 600 +HP and came with 707.

Maybe Jim was just excited and first thing that came to his mind was Demon instead of ZL1. I would think he would go online and say 'sorry guys, I was thinking ZL1 but accidentally said Demon' sorry about that, my bad.' From what it seems tho, is that he is taking what his PR guy is telling him to heart. But he notable said PR told him that 'Venom Kills Demons', so its not really in his words, am I hearing that right?

I do like your vids NEO, nothing wrong with speculation. Keep up the nice work. I've seen how you've gained quite the subscriptions in the last 6 months.
I hope you get the car your after, and after all your exposure, ford may have your back for an MSRP deal haha!
Thanks machsmith. I sure hope that Jim meant, "Venom kills Demons" and not "Venom kills ZL1s". When do you guys think the GT500 will be revealed?

I have a feeling we might see it at the New York Auto Show.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If any of you guys think Dodge is just going to sit around and leave the Hellcat/Demon untouched for the next 2 years and let Ford get ahead you are crazy...... Dodge already has things in the works for the 19 Hellcat and Demon that will keep it ahead. That is the problem when you are 4 years behind playing catchup(2 years for the Demon). Hopefully its closer to 800 than 700 or they offer some sort of race gas tune from the factory to get that extra bump.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Well to point out they may be talking about pump gas. The Demon makes like 724 on pump. Whipple 3gen on a 5.0 will make 775whp. I would not be amazed if the GT500 weighs less than the Demon and dynos at same or similar pump gas numbers. Or could easily be modded to do so. Even if it runs just a 10th or 2 less than a Demon I'm sure it will easily destroy it on a road course.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Well to point out they may be talking about pump gas. The Demon makes like 724 on pump. Whipple 3gen on a 5.0 will make 775whp. I would not be amazed if the GT500 weighs less than the Demon and dynos at same or similar pump gas numbers. Or could easily be modded to do so. Even if it runs just a 10th or 2 less than a Demon I'm sure it will easily destroy it on a road course.
except nobody is taking a Demon on a road course lol. Demon is a drag strip car, full stop. The Hellcats are getting trickle down parts from the Demon so they will be making closer to 800 in 19, with the widebody and dynamics package don't be surprised if the Hellcat puts up a fight. At the end of the day the GT500 will be impressive, but at what cost? You think ADM's are bad on the GT350R.......:paddle:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The guys that actually set the targets for the GT500 don't care about the Demon. It only does one (performance) thing well. It's more, "Good on Dodge for going and doing it, it takes some balls. We have other and bigger things in mind"

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
except nobody is taking a Demon on a road course lol. Demon is a drag strip car, full stop. The Hellcats are getting trickle down parts from the Demon so they will be making closer to 800 in 19, with the widebody and dynamics package don't be surprised if the Hellcat puts up a fight. At the end of the day the GT500 will be impressive, but at what cost? You think ADM's are bad on the GT350R.......:paddle:
Yes but they may be saying that it's a "better over all car" than the Demon.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
'in spades'

Neo, I think we see it 6 months before order banks open, so around april/May.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Just saw a Utube video of a Demon on the dyno. It made 776 rwhp with race pcm and good gas.
Sponsored