Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Exactly. I bet when you go to car meets people flock around that thing to check out your Mattel interior and sick ass LS3 under the hood. You're like a regular ol' Vin Diesel. Legend in your own mind.
I like seeing Vettes at car meets....they always have the coolest airbrushed panels under their hoods.
Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Exactly. [MENTION=24248]Syphon23[/MENTION] doesn't own shit. We get it, you're a GM fanboi for a car you don't own or plan to own. Hell when did owning a 08 Corvette become the holy grail of performance. I bet when you go to car meets people flock around that thing to check out your Mattel interior and sick ass LS3 under the hood. You're like a regular ol' Vin Diesel. Legend in your own mind.
I had always loved the Corvette. I was looking for best bang for my buck for my budget and It just happened to be the C6 LS3. And you guys are always bring up my car, not me.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Hang your hats on sales all you want. Doesnt make the GT PP1 any faster around the track.

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Only one model of Camaro, the ZL1 1LE, is quicker than a 2018 Mustang GT with an auto transmission. Period.

And I'm okay with that. I don't hate Camaros or Dodges. It's all good.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Only one model of Camaro, the ZL1 1LE, is quicker than a 2018 Mustang GT with an auto transmission. Period.
Ok you guys are delusional. I cant anymore...:bolt:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
To troll. All you have to do is go on C6G and look at what they say it’s the same accounts and everything :lol:

Most don’t understand the sarcastic remarks I make on here in relation to the lack of enforcement of the Camaro trolls. Seriously there are so many people here trolling and going around lol’ing that they are trolling,
Been saying that for a wile

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
You're right, none of us do. Only you.
Right!

I had always loved the Corvette ... you guys are always bring up my car, not me.
That's because you're trolling, get it?

Hang your hats on sales all you want. Doesnt make the GT PP1 any faster around the track.
Finally, you comprehend that it wasn't the PP2. Next, we'd appreciate it if you'd recognize no '03-'09 Camaro ever beat a Mustang during those years. Because Chevy dropped that line of cars "like a rock" ...

Ok you guys are delusional. I cant anymore...:bolt:

Announcement: The Irrational Chebby Troll Has Left The Building

(say hi to Elvis for us, would you?)

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Hang your hat on track times all you want but the Mustang is still the more popular car ;)

Not everyone cars very much about a few seconds at the track. I'm perfectly happy to admit the Mustang may be slower (it DEFINITELY would be with me driving anyway)...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hang your hat on track times all you want but the Mustang is still the more popular car ;)

Not everyone cars very much about a few seconds at the track. I'm perfectly happy to admit the Mustang may be slower (it DEFINITELY would be with me driving anyway)...
I'm with you I didn't buy my car to race I bought it because it looks damn good. Track times don't mean anything to me or 99% of the people who buy a Mustang.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think most people agree that the Mustang has:

1. A nicer interior
2. More usable internal space
3. A more usable trunk
4. Better visibility

And the Camaro has:

1. A little better performance at the limit, stock

Out of those two lists, which do the vast majority of people use more often? How often do people push their car to the limits vs., say, looking out the window to see a traffic light?

And I've said this before, but I'm sure Camaro owners could get a little more performance if they removed the stereo, A/C, passenger seat, etc., but they don't and that's because some conveniences are worth the slight performance hit. The conveniences of the Mustang are worth the slight performance hit vs. the Camaro for many people.

Sponsored

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I agree with much of the list, although I think you have exaggerated the importance of some of the items. But my main question is given how superior you believe the SS 1LE to be, do you plan on getting one? If not, why?

-T
My short list is: Camaro SS 1LE (1SS or 2SS), Mustang GT PP2, Corvette Grand Sport 2LT

My last 2 track cars were 2012 Mustang GT Brembo Brake Package + mods, and 2015 C7 Corvette Z51 - stock except for alignment pads and tires.

Buying a Grand Sport will feel like basically owning the same car I just sold (from the interior) with just a bit come grip. The 1LE has everything, except I don't like the interior/looks that much. The Mustang GT I like the looks/interior a lot, but it's disappointing that even on PP2 Ford left so much of the needed track HW out.

In the end, I'd say I'm leaning towards 1LE. When I see the discounts available from KOONS on it, it makes it very appealing.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I believe most people that buy road course capable cars. Will never push the car to the times that a magazine will post.
The magazines are not pushing it as much as you think. If you look at the Car and Driver Lightning Lap, it is a bunch of editors driving the cars in shorts and open face helmets - which is not even allowed in the track days that I instruct at. The times that they are posting are a middle of the pack intermediate-advanced track day pace.

Randy obviously is talented, but even he is posting times in an open face helmet in a car full of cameras, that he drives for a few minutes prior to the hot lap. He is not at a race pace. So his times can be matched by an owner who is an advanced HPDE driver with racing experience that is super familiar with the car.

So, personally, I think my times would be better than the Car and Driver times, and probably no more than a sec or two behind Randy's time in the tracks that I know in my car that I have dialed in to my tastes.

I may be wrong, but that is what I think.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Agreed. The general public cares about price and driveability.
1LE and PP2 are not intended for the "general public". Why can't people get that in here?

These packages are there for the people who intend to take those cars to track day events.

The PP2 is even dangerous (e.g. cold rainy day) to the general public.

The biggest buyers of Camaros and Mustangs are Avis and Hertz. Do you think you will see 1LEs and PP2s there on a regular basis?
Sponsored