Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I installed mine and had no troubles whatsoever. I used the video that Bill did for CJ Pony. It's a great video and I love following a video so you don't have to try to figure out what someone tried to convey in writing. The video completely skipped the front 2 screws out of the 6 but did mention they need to be removed. I thought that was one are that could use improvement was point out those 6 screws but it was easy enough to figure out by just looking at them.

If you call it a problem, I did have the issue with the circuit board being too long and the fact that it went too far into the light socket and was pressing the switch to the euro position when I wanted the US selection. It barely moves the switch but when powered it was doing the fast sequence. Plus the fact that when in the light socket, I had difficulty seating the socket. I elected to just stuff the circuit board into the housing already switched to the US setting as I will never change it. Then just installed the empty socket.

It took me longer than the expected time but it ALWAYS does. I take my time and go slow and carefully. Plus I enjoy the process. I absolutely LOVE these lights! the consistency between marker and the blinker now is how it should have come from Ford! JUST AMAZING!
Sponsored

Charly159

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016
I’m looking forward to the EU mustang version.
An idea on the progress for this version?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I’m looking forward to the EU mustang version.
An idea on the progress for this version?
We are still working on it, no progress to report. Don't worry, we will post updates when they are available.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Excellent!

Have you taken any pictures yet!

Thank you for your support

Nick C.
Finally got around to taking some pictures. Once I figure out how to attach a gif I took a short video of the various modes, but by now everyone should be familiar with the operation. I'm really liking the look and overall function of these - big upgrade!
IMG_4170.jpg

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
These look great so far.. Color temperature look to match the factory lighting on the front pretty well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Finally got around to taking some pictures. Once I figure out how to attach a gif I took a short video of the various modes, but by now everyone should be familiar with the operation. I'm really liking the look and overall function of these - big upgrade!
Awesome, looking forward to seeing that GIF or any more pics!

These look great so far.. Color temperature look to match the factory lighting on the front pretty well?
Matches the headlights extremely well, DRL is a hard match because of the purplish tint but they're extremely close. These are a nice pure LED white, no blue or anything. Thanks!

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
I installed a smoked set today. They look killer. Really great quality and looks. I did have to shave down one side of the socket to get the circuit to not switch from US to EUR but no big deal. After about an hour of being installed, the passenger side stopped working while the car was off. I imagine this may be something with the system needing to rescan until it’s happy or I will need a replacement. I will drive for another day and hopefully it will fix itself. It is also hyper flashing with the turn signal. Driver side is perfectly normal. I’m still really happy with the product because it looks great and I know DD customer service is top knotch.

Last edited:

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Man, if I get hyper flashing or galloping I won't be quite as understanding as you.. Hope they get you taken care of..

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Man, if I get hyper flashing or galloping I won't be quite as understanding as you.. Hope they get you taken care of..
Yea l hear ya. Based on everyone else on here it will fix itself in a day or I will need a replacement.

Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
So upset... I'm at a body shop ready for this install and we realize they sent me the WRONG lights.

They sent side markers instead.

:mad:
E9F1E490-169A-45EF-AEC0-0623F51B5D87.jpeg

Last edited:

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Can you comment on if the smoked lenses are brighter or just as bright as the OE units?

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
^ This. I would also love to see a picture of the smoked lens on with the headlights on at night. I usually go clear, but smoked looks so damn good with the black fog light bezel. Want to see how the output stacks up
Sponsored