Sweet Mother of All That is Holy

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Thanks. To go super wide outback and limit understeer, I went with the improved compound of the MPS4 up front (285/35/19).
They look awsome!

What camber did you end up going with?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ohthatguy

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
They look awsome!

What camber did you end up going with?

Thanks. No camber adjustments. I'm at stock ride height with these bolted right on. Because the tires are shorter diameter, there is awful wheel well gap so I'm going to try Eibach Pros or FRPP X springs and get an alignment done then. I'm looking for the least amount of drop and best ride quality.

OP
OP
Ohthatguy

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2rwtk53.jpg

2vj3e5i.jpg

11tu7t3.jpg

5179dh.jpg

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Thanks. No camber adjustments. I'm at stock ride height with these bolted right on. Because the tires are shorter diameter, there is awful wheel well gap so I'm going to try Eibach Pros or FRPP X springs and get an alignment done then. I'm looking for the least amount of drop and best ride quality.
Surprised about that. They don’t look to have any poke at all at stock camber.

Right about needing a drop

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Man for some reason I cant see any pics. So you decided against the 345 after all?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ohthatguy

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man for some reason I cant see any pics. So you decided against the 345 after all?
I did a ton of research and found some comparisons that showed that the 325 Michelins were wider than the 345 Nittos and 345 yokohamas. And when I had the 325s mounted up on an 11.5" wide rear wheel with a 56 offset, they took up every bit of clearance on the suspension side leaving a little more than a credit card's thickness of clearance. So nothing wider than these tires could fit without rubbing or mods within the wheelwell.

And I'm at stock height. In around 10 days I'm going to do the smallest possible drop with FRPP X springs and see if it still clears.

If I got a chance to do this again, I'd get the same MRR wheels but in a 20" and select tire options that had diameters between 27" and 28". The wheel well gap is too huge and the aesthetics, even with a drop, won't be as perfect as a taller wheel and tire would have provided. The two best parts of the project are the beefiness that massively improves the stance, transforming the visual appeal of the car and the style, color and quality of the MRR M600 wheels.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BMR SP080 FTW.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I did a ton of research and found some comparisons that showed that the 325 Michelins were wider than the 345 Nittos and 345 yokohamas. And when I had the 325s mounted up on an 11.5" wide rear wheel with a 56 offset, they took up every bit of clearance on the suspension side leaving a little more than a credit card's thickness of clearance. So nothing wider than these tires could fit without rubbing or mods within the wheelwell.

And I'm at stock height. In around 10 days I'm going to do the smallest possible drop with FRPP X springs and see if it still clears.

If I got a chance to do this again, I'd get the same MRR wheels but in a 20" and select tire options that had diameters between 27" and 28". The wheel well gap is too huge and the aesthetics, even with a drop, won't be as perfect as a taller wheel and tire would have provided. The two best parts of the project are the beefiness that massively improves the stance, transforming the visual appeal of the car and the style, color and quality of the MRR M600 wheels.
By dropping the car you’ll find the angle of the shocks change and should actually give you some more clearance on that side (hence how 345s seems possible).

Also, when you wear out the MPSSs, try going with MPS4s. They sit a little higher then the MPSSs and so will help fit the wheel well more (very slightly).

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Uhhh. Danger Will Robinson.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]OWwOJlOI1nU[/MEDIA]"]
Slowly work up to max lateral in an empty parking lot.
Would not go diving into your favorite clover leaf or on ramp at 120 just yet.
If you have rub at high lateral its like braking force being added at max lateral.
This can cause a spin very unexpectedly. Nevermind the risk of cutting the tire down.
Needed 3-4mm clearance off front struts for track work. The tire carcass is designed to allow some compliance.
Keep in mind, a slow leak from a minor nail can become a cut down if there is no room for carcass to move around substantially as it drops below 25 psi.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Michelin tires are considered oversized which means they sit square and true, well the MPS4S does, the 305 MPSS for instance is wide also but the sidewall is a tad different it has a cupped curve to it unlike other brands.

Never the less car looks fresh and congrats.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Michelin tires are considered oversized which means they sit square and true, well the MPS4S does, the 305 MPSS for instance is wide also but the sidewall is a tad different it has a cupped curve to it unlike other brands.

Never the less car looks fresh and congrats.
Paul based on the above, would MPS4s have more room then the MPSSs or less?

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I've been super happy with my 285/325 Michelin PS4S combo on MRR M600s too. Hurry up and lower that '18 though... She's a little "monster truck".

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
[MENTION=21782]Eisman[/MENTION], are you also on 11.5” in the rears and do you have any pics you can share?

Cheers

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
@Eisman , are you also on 11.5” in the rears and do you have any pics you can share?

Cheers
I'm using the 11" rears on mine. No rubbing, I was able to dial in the fitment easily with camber advice from [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION]. I can post up some pics later on (I'm on a work computer ATM).
Sponsored