Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I've been saying DCT for some time now as that's what the most recent and active mules that were looked at were so equipped.

I was told that in testing, heat was definitely creating some "challenges." The bellypan may have some changes to it (in comparison to the one the GT350 used) to provide additional or more managed airflow.
THis would make sense and likely be the reason for the injured prototype that [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] posted a little while back that sounded as though a clutch didn’t engage, or a torque converter slipped.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm not doubting you...I don't know any better... Was there new info that confirmed this, that I missed?
I'm just going off of the pics that Epiphany showed it not matching up with 10 speed auto or manual. so, could be something else I suppose, other than DCT. either way some form of auto should be available, which shouldn't vary much in terms of shifting quickness. weight is my concern.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
This chart could be referring to something other than the number of gears. If it is a gearbox then the spacing between gears is too equi-spaced and doesn't reflect the 10R80's actual ratios.

GT500-Top-Speed.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This chart could be referring to something other than the number of gears. If it is a gearbox then the spacing between gears is too equi-spaced and doesn't reflect the 10R80's actual ratios.

GT500-Top-Speed.png
It has nothing to do with the transmission.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Yeah I figured but the article indicated it did.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
could this transmission be a DCT other than the 7DCL750?
I hope so..... at least a beefed up version of that gearbox (Hell, the GT's 7DCL750 can withstand up to 750Nm of torque which is barely 553lb-ft of torque and that's making me have a hard time of keeping my hopes up :shrug: )

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I know it has to be a beefed up version, if its going to have more torque than that, which it should.
I was thinking in the 680T range. Thats one hell of a 'beef up', and on another forum one of the guys in the know said that the 7DCL750 won't be in any other ford vehicle, other than the GT, so that leads me to believe IF it is a DCT transmission, its gonna be a totally renamed version, maybe 7DCL1000 ;)
Does anyone know of any Getrag DCT's that can handle 700T?

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I hope so..... at least a beefed up version of that gearbox (Hell, the GT's 7DCL750 can withstand up to 750Nm of torque which is barely 553lb-ft of torque and that's making me have a hard time of keeping my hopes up :shrug: )
Those ratings are based on a vehicle with higher gross weight than this Mustang will have. Usually based on a 10k lb GVWR. So in a car that weighs 3100 or 3900 lbs, its plenty.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Those ratings are based on a vehicle with higher gross weight than this Mustang will have. Usually based on a 10k lb GVWR. So in a car that weighs 3100 or 3900 lbs, its plenty.
A fella that knows what the 2019 GT500 is, mentioned that the Ford GT transmission wont be in any other Ford car. So, what could be the other possible DCT to handle, say 700T?

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
A fella that knows what the 2019 GT500 is, mentioned that the Ford GT transmission wont be in any other Ford car. So, what could be the other possible DCT to handle, say 700T?
The GT uses a 7DCL750, so a 7DCL700 would mean the 750 is still only used in the GT. And again, a rating of 700 Nm on a 10k GVWR vehicle translates to a lot more on a 4k GVWR Mustang.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like a 700 would work then, but why would the GT use a 750 and not a 700? I'll do some googling and see what the differences are with the 700 vs 750, may only be torque rating? If this GT500 is in fact going to be a track car, I'd think it would want something thats going to take abuse and keep on coming back for more, especially with a significant torque increase over the GT. Maybe the GT500 won't be for the track. Hmmm Its confusing, but maybe I'll just sit back and wait for the unveiling ;)

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Sounds like a 700 would work then, but why would the GT use a 750 and not a 700? I'll do some googling and see what the differences are with the 700 vs 750, may only be torque rating? If this GT500 is in fact going to be a track car, I'd think it would want something thats going to take abuse and keep on coming back for more, especially with a significant torque increase over the GT. Maybe the GT500 won't be for the track. Hmmm Its confusing, but maybe I'll just sit back and wait for the unveiling ;)
The 750 is their transaxle offering. The 700 is their longitudinal rear wheel drive trans.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks like the 7DCI700 weight is around 180 lbs. Not extremely terrible, considering the tr3160 is 121 lbs. Only a 60 lb gain there!!! I'm not liking the extra 150+ lbs of supercharger and coolers. Hopefully CF is used in more than a few locations.
I was wondering why the vid, at post 1, the car was rolling back before taking off, thinking it was a manual, but realize that DCT's do the same thing unless there is auto braking applied after brake is let off. This may not have been added yet, or that was a manual car.
Sponsored

Last edited: