Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If there was a GT350 and GT350R, who thinks that there will be a GT500R?
I think if we see a GT500R it will be drag strip focused.
I think it'll be a GT500KR if anything, and if they do that, I feel like the "base" GT500 would be the street/strip monster, and the KR would have additional aero (that massive wing we've seen on prototypes), DCT, CC brakes, weight reduction, CF wheels, and some other goodies. Maybe DSSV dampers? that would be awesome
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think it'll be a GT500KR if anything, and if they do that, I feel like the "base" GT500 would be the street/strip monster, and the KR would have additional aero (that massive wing we've seen on prototypes), DCT, CC brakes, weight reduction, CF wheels, and some other goodies. Maybe DSSV dampers? that would be awesome
yep, that one will be the hard one to get and more $

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
yep, that one will be the hard one to get and more $
If any mustang were to top $100k MSRP, I could see a fully loaded GT500KR being it. All those parts I mentioned don't come cheap! Hell, think about the cost of a GT350R plus a more extreme aero kit, supercharger with all the necessary cooling, DCT, CC brakes, factory cage, digital cluster (And staying hopeful for that Ford GT steering wheel) and even greater use of CF (hood, fenders, doors, trunk, roof?)... yeah, that could easily be a $100k mustang, and people would pay it, too

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No kiddin, I guess the juicy tid bits were the ‘holiday’ gifts.
Oh well... like you say Tony, hopefully this month, though some are saying Chicago show which is next month.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
No kiddin, I guess the juicy tid bits were the ‘holiday’ gifts.
Oh well... like you say Tony, hopefully this month, though some are saying Chicago show which is next month.
I hope it is this month, but so hard to tell. Other manufacturers tend to have much more finished models captured close to release. Only wearing very light camouflage. I just feel like we haven't seen anything like that yet. Ford is pretty dang good about keeping things under wraps.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would have expected to see more by now.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I think it would be safe to bet that there will be a zl1- 1le competitor from ford. It may or may not be called a GT500, but there is a good chance it will start with GT500 x or xx?
I would hope that the standard flavor GT500 would be within a few hundredths/tenths of the 1LE and the ultra-performance GT500 (R, KR?) would definitively douse the 1LE with kerosene and light it a-fire.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ford has just worked hard to shield this car until they see fit to let the public in on it. Just proves that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So what do you guys think of the DCT ? Sounds like this is what we’re getting for sure, which kinda makes me think we get a auto 10 speed as standard with a DCT7 as option. Just sayin.. oh and yeah, I’d love that ford GT wheel with the flat top and bottom. See over the gauge cluster, but the HUD will be nice

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've been saying DCT for some time now as that's what the most recent and active mules that were looked at were so equipped.

I was told that in testing, heat was definitely creating some "challenges." The bellypan may have some changes to it (in comparison to the one the GT350 used) to provide additional or more managed airflow.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So what do you guys think of the DCT ? Sounds like this is what we’re getting for sure,
I'm not doubting you...I don't know any better... Was there new info that confirmed this, that I missed?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So what do you guys think of the DCT ? Sounds like this is what we’re getting for sure, which kinda makes me think we get a auto 10 speed as standard with a DCT7 as option. Just sayin.. oh and yeah, I’d love that ford GT wheel with the flat top and bottom. See over the gauge cluster, but the HUD will be nice
I think the DCT will be great for magazine times and bragging rights. The car will be a lot less exciting to me with a DCT though. I've driven some high end cars with DCTs and I wouldn't keep one of them if it was given to me.

I would assume the car will get a cool steering wheel and cluster. I agree the GT dash is awesome looking.

My main wants for the car are:
1. Unique and cool exterior treatment.
2. Hooks up and is seriously fast both in a straight line and around corners.

Based on the leaked info of blown 5.2 as the engine I'm a little underwhelmed and probably won't buy the car - even used years from now if I can't afford it new. I really wish Ford had come up with a more exciting powerplant for their big dog Mustang. Maybe something else related to the car's design will make up for it. I don't know.
Sponsored