Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a KR will have the DCT, CC brakes, carbon fiber wheels, additional aero, and stiffer suspension?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Brakes are two piece, steel rotor. CC rotors on a sub-$100k car is bananas. The biggest reason being cost and cost of maintenance. Also they're not exactly a good option for street use. Any CC setup that bests a steel rotor at the track will be horrendous on the street.

The transmission opinion from that site is just that.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Brakes are two piece, steel rotor. CC rotors on a sub-$100k car is bananas. The biggest reason being cost and cost of maintenance. Also they're not exactly a good option for street use. Any CC setup that bests a steel rotor at the track will be horrendous on the street.

The transmission opinion from that site is just that.
This. I think CC brakes are overrated unless you are specifically using them for race application. I dont see the need or additional cost for cars that see primarily street use. They sure are beautiful, but I agree, they wont be on a sub 100K car. If they do, Ford is pulling off some magic with Brembo on the cost.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I was referring to the 10spd.
I know you were. My point was that the 10 speed auto will be used in far greater use across a rather large spectrum, including across manufacturer lines. As such the cost comes down. DCT that would work in this case, not so much.

CC rotors on a sub-$100k car is bananas. The biggest reason being cost and cost of maintenance.
I couldn't agree more. The SHW rotors performed flawlessly on the GT350.

The only thing that gives me pause is the weight of an even larger steel rotor, two piece or not. Cost would get silly quickly but a CC rotor coupled with a CF wheel...oh man, would the MR performance be fantastic!

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I hope the new brakes that Porsche are marketing on the Cayenne get wider acceptance. No so much that I care about fancy no rust rotors, but rather CC sized brakes being an option on many trims.

One of the things I hate about driving cars other than the GT350 is the lack of power, linearity and feel with most braking systems. So if you can get a properly engineered "big brake kit" from the factory without the downsides of Carbon Ceramics.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Regarding the brakes...the pads (while mentioned as being ceramic) may not have a metallic wear indicator so the rotors don't get grooved/trashed which would make sense if the rotors were indeed CC.

Most cars I work on these days have plane Jane wear sensors for the brakes, definitely no metal scraping thingy anymore. I wouldn't take that as any indication of brake rotor design.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Any CC setup that bests a steel rotor at the track will be horrendous on the street.

I dunno man, the CC brakes on a 997 GT3 I drove around were pretty damn awesome and surprisingly quiet. Initial bite took some getting used to but within a few minutes I knew I wanted to own that car.

Regarding all this DCT mumbo jumbo, IF I were going to let some computron do the shifting I would want it to have a torque converter. Nothing I hate more than the feeling of a computer trying to smoothly slip a clutch at low speeds. Even worse when slowing down at low speeds with the pooter trying to decide whether or not to clutch into neutral.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No remote start? Hmmm... manual trans?

At the bottom of the fob there is a spot that is missing the remot start button. Maybe both options, going off this fob and the info we have that there is an auto.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Why you got a mess with a brother like that! Man makes me wonder how we will react when we get some actual images!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Good enough for me :) The thursday before the show, like the mileage on the dash.
Sponsored