Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I was told DCT 7 speed and still haven't seen anything to counter it beyond speculation.
Well, you dont spend billions on a tranny to put it in 2 cars.
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I was looking at that 10 gear shift chart layout above. Was thinking that was leaked as well.
Maybe the 10 speed is standard with a dct option IDK. grasping at straws.
Gonna be awesome to select shift points:)

Sounds like there is a show that ford is having ahead of NAIAS...
Ah...now that sounds good :clap2::D:thumbsup:
What is this show you speak of?!? When did that break?!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well, you dont spend billions on a tranny to put it in 2 cars.

Tell Tremec that. They developed it, the DCT, that is.

The 10 speed auto will have widespread use and definitely be in a position to take advantage of economies of scale. The DCT, not so much.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Hope you are right, but I will disagree that a 911 turbo and GTR aren't track cars.

A huge front disc like we've been shown does indicate that its meant to have stopping power, we all hoped it was because Ford was focused on an all around car, but it could be just stopping power needed to slow you down after hauling ass down the street.

Time will tell. Those that have seen the real thing have said its just menacing and looks like a "race car", as in track. Maybe it doesn't have Track Mode because it doesn't need it?:shrug:
My last car was a Porsche turbo. Never said it wasn't good on a track just not its target mission. It would indeed be very comfortable there. However Porsche deems the GT3/GT2 as there actual "track" cars. Same for Nissan there is a special track/Nismo version for track work! I hope the GT500 steers clear of these cars as they tend to be stripped out versions of a street car and not great on the street!

Reactions: _M_

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I was looking at that 10 gear shift chart layout above. Was thinking that was leaked as well.
Maybe the 10 speed is standard with a dct option IDK. grasping at straws.
Gonna be awesome to select shift points:)

Sounds like there is a show that ford is having ahead of NAIAS...
Ah...now that sounds good :clap2::D:thumbsup:
What show is it that you heard of?!?!?!?!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What is this show you speak of?!? When did that break?!
The article mentions it.

Here is the quote from it

It’s unclear when Ford is planning to unveil its next-generation Shelby Mustang, but based on the amount of information readily available and Ford’s planned off-site event at company HQ just prior to the 2018 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, we could be see the GT500 unveiled in only a few short weeks.

This may not be where it’s at but just what the article says Might happen.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Good catch I missed that! Wow that's not far off!! After seeing all this went back to my local dealership an juiced him up to be ready to roll. Figure we are going to have to move quickly if we are to per cure one of these bad boys!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I can see 75-80k.
I bet you're close. I'm going with "about" 70-75k all loaded up.
If you look at the Hellcats and ZL1's, they are priced "about" 70k loaded up pretty good.
This is WITHOUT adm mind you. I am more than positive this car will be about 100k or more when they hit most showroom floors. There may be some dealerships that won't rip off customers. All you have to is look at the Hellcats when they first came out as well as the GT350 and GT350R cars.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Tell Tremec that. They developed it, the DCT, that is.

The 10 speed auto will have widespread use and definitely be in a position to take advantage of economies of scale. The DCT, not so much.
I was referring to the 10spd.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I bet you're close. I'm going with "about" 70-75k all loaded up.
If you look at the Hellcats and ZL1's, they are priced "about" 70k loaded up pretty good.
This is WITHOUT adm mind you. I am more than positive this car will be about 100k or more when they hit most showroom floors. There may be some dealerships that won't rip off customers. All you have to is look at the Hellcats when they first came out as well as the GT350 and GT350R cars.
Start talking CC brakes, carbon fiber wheels, if you do throw in the DCT I think 90k+ is not out of the question. If the technology is there it will cost $$$$. You get what you pay for I'm ok with that. Just make her bad ass and beautiful so She is worth the coin!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Staring to think powertrain/drivetrain is going to be the 5.2 alluminator XS(with CR lowered)/10 speed auto .
I basically have that motor in my KB/Hellion cars but sleeved and sans the cams . (I am building a "spare" motor with a nonsleeved GT 350 block and Voodoo spec ford racing cams)

....so may be I can swap the Magnum XL in the KB car with 10 speed auto .....and hello "poor mans GT 500" .....till the ADM's on the OEM ones go away.
Lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Start talking CC brakes, carbon fiber wheels, if you do throw in the DCT I think 90k+ is not out of the question. If the technology is there it will cost $$$$. You get what you pay for I'm ok with that. Just make her bad ass and beautiful so She is worth the coin!
I agree 100%! That will definitely be up there then.
But like you posted, if she's beautiful, bad to the bone and sounds great,.....it's worth it. :ford:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Like I have said before. They have given me/us more than enough time to save up for her$$$$$. More than excited to get her ordered! Sure I'm not the only one! I have sorely missed having a ride in the garage! Its been way to long.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I still think the DCT but it may be optional and not cheap, it’s 90k with it most likely.
They wouldn’t have those brakes and magnaride if it was a squatter for street driving, it’s just some of the did bits aren’t fully regurgitated.
Sponsored