Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Also did anyone notice...

CURB WEIGHT: 3878 lb

Sweet mother of god, HOW? Although I will say when C&D weighed the GT350 they said it was 3800lbs on the nose. My car was weighed and I was at 3781. Identical to Motor Trend on the nose hairs. :shrug:

Different scales and all, of course.
Loaded premium car+gen 3 engine additions+mag ride+spoiler. About what I expected compared to an outgoing GT PP premium, and you don't know how much gas was in it either.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Chevy will sell you the 2SS for an extra $5k which comes with blind spot detection and then you can see out of the car better. I should add that I did not test drive a Camaro so I don't know if this is really an issue. I did test drive a Challenger R/T and I did not like the visibility all that much.
That doesn't help seeing out of it.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
A 2018 Mustang 6 speed has already run a 12.2. The top of the Camaro 6 speed list is a 12.1@115. C&D trapped 115. The 2018 Mustang and 2016+ Camaro seem to be pretty much equal in a straight line.
Since we are comparing different days/track runs..car and driver ran a 4.0 0-60 and 118mph in the 1/4 with their long term 6M Camaro SS :paddle:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...amaro-ss-coupe-long-term-road-test/ar-BBsDNfV

Visibility not an issue for me with the 2SS blind spot monitoring.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Since we are comparing different days/track runs..car and driver ran a 118mph with their long term 6M Camaro SS :paddle:

Visibility not an issue for me with the 2SS blind spot monitoring.
I'm a younger guy (31) and I'd never trust something like blind spot monitoring in the absence of being able to see. That's a good way get you into a apathetic style of driving. Ford did a great job with the beltline height, window size and mirror positioning (with the convex bubbles) so that you do not have any blind spots if they are set correctly, while still having the tight quarter windows and large C pillars.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
"I don't need to see out because there's gadgets that do it for me"

To each his own, but IMO these gadgets should add to situational awareness, not replace your own visibility.

As always though, drive what you like. For me, the visibility is a deal breaker.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....and mirror positioning (with the convex bubbles) so that you do not have any blind spots if they are set correctly.......
I get a laugh whenever I drive someone else's car, and it's clear they don't know how to properly set their side-view mirrors.

You don't want to see the sides of your car, you must see your blind-spot area.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I get a laugh whenever I drive someone else's car, and it's clear they don't know how to properly set their side-view mirrors.

I LOVED the Camaro 2SS when I tested it. Dealbreakers were visibility and rear seat room.

I've used the Mustang rear seats many times. Can't do that in the Camaro. And the trunk space in the Camaro? Forget it

The Mustang GT IMO is a far more livable package with PLENTY of power and surprising highway fuel economy.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Loaded premium car+gen 3 engine additions+mag ride+spoiler. About what I expected compared to an outgoing GT PP premium, and you don't know how much gas was in it either.
I would certainly hope a full tank. Because if not that's a scary place to be in.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Exactly. Final check on the road/highway so that when you are passing you can see the car transition from your periphory to side mirror and then to rear view mirror seamlessly. Both sides. Very few people seem to know how to set mirrors.

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
My question is: How did Ford imagine this dream where the new Mustang GT is faster in a straight line than a 911, but slower than a Camaro? Who is really telling the truth here?

Don't get me wrong, I like C&D, but I will admit they are sometimes biased.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I posted this in another thread a while ago but it seems appropriate here...
SAE Mirror method.jpg

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
My question is: How did Ford imagine this dream where the new Mustang GT is faster in a straight line than a 911, but slower than a Camaro? Who is really telling the truth here?

Don't get me wrong, I like C&D, but I will admit they are sometimes biased.
Well they followed what GM did with camaro by releasing numbers but faster than a 911 100% of the time back to back might be a litle bit stretch. We also haven’t seen a comparison for a gtpp with 10 speed. Ford’s claim was a gtpp car with 10 speed auto, using drag mode, the car does 0-60 mph less than 4 seconds and faster than a 911. We need the magazines to test the claimed car.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I'm a younger guy (31) and I'd never trust something like blind spot monitoring in the absence of being able to see. That's a good way get you into a apathetic style of driving. Ford did a great job with the beltline height, window size and mirror positioning (with the convex bubbles) so that you do not have any blind spots if they are set correctly, while still having the tight quarter windows and large C pillars.
Okay, I'll elaborate a bit more. Before changing lanes I always use my mirrors(which are adjusted out to cover blind spots) and look over my shoulder. Been driving performance cars since 92' and never had an accident. I used to drive commercial trucks as well which rely entirely on mirrors...
I always hear mustang guys complaining about the visibility, just saying, for me it hasn't been an issue.

I LOVED the Camaro 2SS when I tested it. Dealbreakers were visibility and rear seat room.

I've used the Mustang rear seats many times. Can't do that in the Camaro. And the trunk space in the Camaro? Forget it

The Mustang GT IMO is a far more livable package with PLENTY of power and surprising highway fuel economy.
The back seats in the s550 are also horrible and not much better than the camaro's. The s197's back seats were actually quite usable.
The camaro trunk is also quite spacious, it's the opening that's a bit small.

I actually have been averaging better fuel economy in the camaro than I did in any of my gt's. With same driving habits and commute I average 21-22 in the SS, the stangs averaged around 19 for me.

Last edited:

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Well they followed what GM did with camaro by releasing numbers but faster than a 911 100% of the time back to back might be a litle bit stretch. We also haven’t seen a comparison for a gtpp with 10 speed. Ford’s claim was a gtpp car with 10 speed auto, using drag mode, the car does 0-60 mph less than 4 seconds and faster than a 911. We need the magazines to test the claimed car.
Also magnaride.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Okay, I'll elaborate a bit more. Before changing lanes I always use my mirrors(which are adjusted out to cover blind spots) and look over my shoulder. Been driving performance cars since 92' and never had an accident. I used to drive commercial trucks as well which rely entirely on mirrors. Pretty sure
I always hear mustang guys complaining about the visibility, just saying, for me it hasn't been an issue.
Read more. It's not only Mustang owners. :doh: Car&Driver:

"Nevertheless, here’s what you must know: The Camaro has a narrow greenhouse, unknowable corners, near-zero rear visibility, and, yes, back seats that are less usable than a Mustang’s. These facts were not lost on our logbook scribes. “It’s hard to imagine that Chevy could have made it less practical if it tried,” reads one entry. The words “gun slit,” “periscope,” and “cave” appear so many times in our notes that we have forever banished them from the C/D lexicon."
Sponsored