1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
For what this test shows is that in term of chassis performance the Camaro is still ahead.

Mustang PP Mag ride with PS4S 0.96g on the Skidpad
70 to 0 : 164 ft

Camaro SS 0.98g on the Skidpad with skinnier/less performing Goodyear Eagle F1
70 to 0 : 147 ft

Camaro SS 1LE : 1.05g
141 ft

We'll have to compare with the PP2 package to see...

A far as acceleration figures in manual the Camaro seems to be faster under 120mph and the Mustang faster above 120 mph...
How do you know the eagle F1 is “less performing” compared to the mps 4s?
You do know the ZL1 runs the same tires right?
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Evan Smith's 12.2 run doesn't count since it wasn't done by one of the rag sheets. Motors Trend's C&D's Motorweek etc are the only runs that count for the Mustang. Random "stock" Camaro hero runs found on facebook count for the Camaro though.
Well the 12.2 also doesnt count since it was a ringer paid for by Ford to push sales.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
You'd think they would have sent the "ringer" over to C&D or MT.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Wonder how much GM (in my opinion, allegedly) paid them not to test the 10A.

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Chevy will sell you the 2SS for an extra $5k which comes with blind spot detection and then you can see out of the car better. I should add that I did not test drive a Camaro so I don't know if this is really an issue. I did test drive a Challenger R/T and I did not like the visibility all that much.
I've driven all three and the Camaro (for me) is just awful. I'm relatively short (5'8") and it feels like I'm driving around inside a mailbox. If I could see? I'd be in a ZL1 right now, end of story. The deals available are just sick - performance steal of the century. But, bottom line is the 'Stang is the only one I actually like driving and could see as a DD right now (pun intended). Waiting to see when PP2 is available and then go from there.

Sponsored

Dominator

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Idk why people fret over .1 or .2 seconds in the quarter mile, its so little you wont feel it on a daily basis. Like if the 1le is a tad faster around a track who cares, the cars are so close it doesnt matter. I would rather take the mustang because you can actually see out of it and it has better interior storage and a nicer interior imo. That is a bigger deal then .2 in the quarter. But just because the camaro is a tad faster people freak out and make rash decisions. Just put a cai and tune on the 18 gt and youll be happy and you will also be able to see out of your car
I don’t know why people go by magazines anyhow

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Well only if the mustang weights less then we all be happy. I think this engine is an amazing foundation for a future but lighter platform. Putting it in a car which is already heavy ( plus more weight gain due to magnetic ride), even with a little upgraded rubber, I wouldn’t expect a miracle! We all did including me but that is too much. I am not holding my hopes up for the pp2 either. I am also disappointed with the review.

Sponsored

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
For what this test shows is that in term of chassis performance the Camaro is still ahead.

Mustang PP Mag ride with PS4S 0.96g on the Skidpad
70 to 0 : 164 ft

Camaro SS 0.98g on the Skidpad with skinnier/less performing Goodyear Eagle F1
70 to 0 : 147 ft

Camaro SS 1LE : 1.05g
141 ft

We'll have to compare with the PP2 package to see...

A far as acceleration figures in manual the Camaro seems to be faster under 120mph and the Mustang faster above 120 mph...
Intristingly, the Mustang and camaro ran identical time 60-115mph. The Mustang stomps the camaro 100-150 by nearly 3 seconds. 100-115, the mustang did 2.9 seconds to the camaro's 3.2. The Mustang's top end is clearly better from 100+.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also did anyone notice...

CURB WEIGHT: 3878 lb

Sweet mother of god, HOW? Although I will say when C&D weighed the GT350 they said it was 3800lbs on the nose. My car was weighed and I was at 3781. Identical to Motor Trend on the nose hairs. :shrug:

Different scales and all, of course.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
No surprises from this review. Still informative for the comparisons with the competition to the Blue Oval.:headbang:
Sponsored